Elderly on kilimanjaro?

Elderly on kilimanjaro?

Every year I take my mom, who is 84, to one Disney park. This year we are going to Animal Kingdom. She has never been on Kilimanjaro safari. She will be on an ECV & would have to transfer to the provided wheelchair. I'm just worried that the ride may be too rough for her. She rode Toy Story Mania a couple of years ago & complained that it was too jerky for her. I think she would enjoy most of the safari except for the part when it's really bumpy & moving fast. Any thoughts?

I don't remember it being too too bad but I I remember one part it's rather bumpy
    Laur

If TSM was too jerky then definitely avoid Kilimanjaro.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Re: Elderly on kilimanjaro?

The safari is pretty jerky, but much less so if you're in the front of the vehicle. It can get crazy in the back of the jeep.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

From memory, I seem to recall that in parts you get thrown around far more than TSM although it's less intense - you don't get spun through 180 degrees on the Safari! And of course then you do get much slower parts too - plus the chance to see all the animals of course.

I'd say it'd be worth the rougher parts just to experience the rest of the Safari.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Maybe you can ask to go on the car that has the wheelchair passengers because they probably make the ride a little less rough. If not I wouldn't suggest for her to ride because it really can get rough at times.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Perhaps it'd be best to find out what aspects of TSM she disliked. If it was the spinning around from one screen to the next then you could explain that there's no spinning on the Safari.

Why not explain the ride to her and let her decide whether it's intermittent bumpiness would be too much for her?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR