MISSION: Tips for parents with babies at Walt Disney World

MISSION: Tips for parents with babies at Walt Disney World

Tips for parents with baby at Walt Disney World

I'll start off with a crucial and obvious but hard to follow tip and its to go at your baby's pace. Its important to keep your Baby's feeding schedules and nap times. The less you rush at WDW with a baby (of any age) the experience will be all the more better. Its Key to keep baby very well hydrated with lots of cool water( ask for free cups of water and ice where fountain drinks are sold) and offer them lots of snacks.

Must do's are Take infant Tynenol (etc) and Butt cream! Florida gets hot and this helps keep baby bottoms moist. Its also good to pack swim suit and water diapers if planning on going swimming. Sunscreen is key especially for babies outside in the Florida sun. Its imperative to reapply often and make sure to get the nose often. In my experience banana boat works super well while coppertone allows my kids to get sunburned. Another tip and must do is baby Hats, especially for hairless babies (like mine. If your baby is drinking whole milk wdw resorts sell half gallons in the food courts or gift stores. Be sure to grab your baby favorite snacks and favorite toys for baby if your baby is picky. If room has no microwave You can warm up baby milk in in hot water from sinks placing bottle in empty ice bucket.
    Sweaters are also good to have (just in incase) for cool nights and restaurants, etc.

Baby on the move...
    I suggest Full size Strollers for babies 3 and under because Disney strollers are not nap friendly. Full size strollers are best for Naps at the park, diaper changing and feeding on the go etc. You can also rent these full size strollers from companies in the Orlando area. If you do go with using these stollers its good to look into Buying a stroller rain(cover)coat. In addition, Baby carriers and slings are great for waiting in long lines. These are great for parents who venture to WDW alone with out their spouses.

Baby Centers
    Walt disney world has Baby centers at all 4 theme parks. These centers have baby food, baby formula, pampers, wipes etc. for sale . They Have soft changinging tables and supply disposable changing covers for the tables. They have highchairs for feedings and books and tv for entertaining. Lastly,they also have quiet rooms for nursing mothers.
    Mk is by crystal palace
    Epcot is in Odyssey center
    HS is at guest service inside the main entrance.
    AK is behind the creature comfort store in Discovery Island.

Rides
    Most babies will enjoy most WDW rides. My baby has done all of these rides since shes been in her single digit months. I might be missing some rides but here's a good idea of what babies enjoy.
    Cinderella carousel
    Teacups
    Nemo
    Peterpan flight
    It's a small world
    People mover
    Steam Train at mk
    The land
    Figment
    Train to rafikis planet watch
    People mover
    Dumbo
    Now these next ones are optional as long as baby is okay with darkness.
    Haunted mansion
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Spaceship Earth
    In addition, the Little mermaid in HS and Philharmagic, it is best to sit more towards the back than front because the front can be over stimulating on them. Trust me.

Quiet Rest
    Quiet rest areas outside at the theme parks that I rely on are Epcot bridge to Odyssey, at Mk Near Tianas meet and greet, at Hs any nook by streets of America and Ak has plenty of nooks in Dino land.

Hope you enjoyed these tips!

PS
    If not staying on wdw property call hotel to make sure they supply cribs and if not take your own pack n play.
    Last edited by Freshee61; 05-24-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Re: MISSION: Tips for parents with babies at Walt Disney World

Thank you for the in-depth report!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Wow! I think you've covered everything there - thanks for a great assignment report!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Great advice. we will be taking our 4 month son.
    you just help me out alot on what to take!
    one thing i didnt see was a battery power fan, for the strollers.
    I think that will keep baby cool on lines or waiting around.
    I was small when we went these years
    '90,'91,92,93,94,'95,'96,'97
    I was 8 years old when i start remebering more
    98',99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10
    im 21 now in 2011 me and my wife start going alone.
    ,'11,'11,12

If you do buy fans my advice would be buy ones off property from a Walgreens etc because the fans that Disney sells do not work well.

Talk Disney Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61 View Post
    If you do buy fans my advice would be buy ones off property from a Walgreens etc because the fans that Disney sells do not work well.
    oh okay thanks. but i just got some disney portable battery fans
    I was small when we went these years
    '90,'91,92,93,94,'95,'96,'97
    I was 8 years old when i start remebering more
    98',99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10
    im 21 now in 2011 me and my wife start going alone.
    ,'11,'11,12

This was so helpful

Thank you!!

Youre very welcome!

Talk Disney Moderator

10. We use supportive baby carriers (not crotch danglers like a bjorn). My favorite is the Beco Gemini. We would be LOST without using a baby carrier.

We bought a tent fan from a sports store, it had a clip so we were able to clip it on the canopy of the stroller. It also had foam blades and we were really surprised at the amount of air it put out. It kept our 1 year old cool and was safe with the foam blades. Also take a umbrella for extra shade when your waiting on a family member or watching the day parades. I agree with other poster, the Disney fans don't work we'll or put out enough air.