Which dining plan?

Which dining plan?

We are all booked except I still have to add the dining plan (they told me I cannot do so until after summer). My friend and I are going October 13-20 during food and wine festival. I originally thought I would get the deluxe dining plan (3 meals, 2 snacks a day//can choose either quick service or sit down). Now after making all of my ADRs, im trying to figure out if the regular dining plan (1 sit down 1 quick service 1 snack per day) would be cheaper for us and pay for the rest out of pocket. These are the ADRs I've made..

Day 1- ohana

Day 2- Kona
    Mama melrose

Day 3- Chef mickeys
    Liberty tree

Day 4- Tusker house

Day 5-1900 park fare
    Coral reef
    Via Napoli

Day 6- universal no adrs

Day 7- Paradiso 37 (probably just for appetizers)

We probably would use the snack credits for food and wine festival
    I hope my question made sense
    Laur

First question: Who told you that you could not add the dining plan? If you can book ADRs then you can absolutely add the dining plan to your package. Are you using a special rate or something? That's the only reason I can think of for having to wait, maybe. I am a TA and have never heard of that unless you are outside when Disney releases the next years packages.

Question 2: The deluxe plan is A LOT of food, but with the ADRs you have you might actually make good use of it. Just a warning you may have some meal credits left over as I know many people that after a TS meal were so full they didn't eat 3 meals a day so that resulted In extra credits going unused. You might consider a couple signature restaurants as well.

My friend is a cm and she booked our trip. They said the discount code wouldn't be out until probably after summer

Can you recommend a signature restaurant? We will probably use some of the credits for qs places I just didn't want to have 3 adrs every day

Will universal take the whole day or could I make an ADR for that night? I've never been to universal and we really only want to see the Harry potter part and really don't plan on riding everything
    Laur

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma
    First question: Who told you that you could not add the dining plan? If you can book ADRs then you can absolutely add the dining plan to your package. Are you using a special rate or something? That's the only reason I can think of for having to wait, maybe. I am a TA and have never heard of that unless you are outside when Disney releases the next years packages.

Question 2: The deluxe plan is A LOT of food, but with the ADRs you have you might actually make good use of it. Just a warning you may have some meal credits left over as I know many people that after a TS meal were so full they didn't eat 3 meals a day so that resulted In extra credits going unused. You might consider a couple signature restaurants as well.
    Or go with the regular plan and write down the difference in price to the deluxe and see if you would have really spent that much. I would say you probably wouldn't, going with the deluxe would be just pre-paying all your meals in advance (except gratuities) and not worrying about an extra big expense while there.

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma

Or go with the regular plan and write down the difference in price to the deluxe and see if you would have really spent that much. I would say you probably wouldn't, going with the deluxe would be just pre-paying all your meals in advance (except gratuities) and not worrying about an extra big expense while there.
    I'm worried we will be wasting food. Especially bc we both get appetizers too and dessert
    Laur

Quote Originally Posted by laureliz13
    My friend is a cm and she booked our trip. They said the discount code wouldn't be out until probably after summer

Can you recommend a signature restaurant? We will probably use some of the credits for qs places I just didn't want to have 3 adrs every day

Will universal take the whole day or could I make an ADR for that night? I've never been to universal and we really only want to see the Harry potter part and really don't plan on riding everything
    I understand now, CM rates are weird with that stuff. My brother and SIL are both CM, and I worked there as well in 05. Just wanted to make sure you were getting correct info :-)

I would not make 3 ADRs or you will be revolving around them which makes it hard to ride rides and use fast passes. Even if you plan on having some QS meals you may still be full from you TS meals that you don't ever eat one or only a few throughout your whole trip. I would recommend California Grill and Yachtsman for signature restaurants.

Can't comment on Universal as I have not been to the new Harry Potter part. Hopefully someone else can give you some advice if you would have time to make an ADR that evening.

We have Disney tickets for that day anyways so we can grab something quick! I appreciate everything though thank you so much!
    Laur

If you're doing both Universal parks then you could spend a full day there easily (we spend at least 2 days there).

Having said that, it's only 20 minutes from WDW so there's noting to stop you making a late, non-park (for speed) ADR for afterwards.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

We usually have 3 full days at universal, 1 full day at universal and 2 at island of adventure, depends which month you are going as sometimes they have a queue just to get in that part, but when you get in there it's AMAZING we loved it there, though we are a bit biased as we're English!