Personal questions

Personal questions

How many points did you buy and what was the total price of them? Where is your home hotel? And how have you used your points? Thanks! Just trying to get a personal outlook. We're still trying to decide. Thanks!
    Laur

Re: Personal questions

We bought in when we started at 125 points which is the lowest you can do and at the time Saratoga was 99 a point to buy in so we bought in there for around 12k best thing we ever did!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

We bought 200 points at BLT in Feb of '09. We thought a lot about buying used points from a private dealer but devided against it. We really wanted the home resort early booking option at BLT. We bought them at a Disney Doorway to Dreams special seminar at the Woodfield mall in Schamburg IL. We got some very nice incentives: $300 Disney gift card, 7 nights at any RCI location, a free 4 day Disney cruise on the Wonder and $1,000 toward our down payment. I think we only paied 107 per point at the time. I have to say it was one of the best decision we ever made. Now that the prices have increased up to $135 a point, were glad we made the move when we did. We've gone on 5 trip ranging 2 nights to 2 weeks and have stayed in studios, one bedrooms and a 2 bedroom. We've even gone to Vero Beach Resort. We have come out ahead already by using our points over cash for these rooms (not counting annual dues) and we still have over 48 years to enjoy more vacations. If you plan on going at least every other year you should consider it! We love it!
    2006 & 2008 Fort Wilderness
    2009 bought into the DVC and Kidani Village
    2010 4 night Disney cruise on the Wonder and BLT
    2011 Old Key West and Boardwalk Villas
    2011 Bay Lake Tower
    2012 Kidani Village, Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, and Jambo House

Quote Originally Posted by WeDVC2009
    We bought 200 points at BLT in Feb of '09. We thought a lot about buying used points from a private dealer but devided against it. We really wanted the home resort early booking option at BLT. We bought them at a Disney Doorway to Dreams special seminar at the Woodfield mall in Schamburg IL. We got some very nice incentives: $300 Disney gift card, 7 nights at any RCI location, a free 4 day Disney cruise on the Wonder and $1,000 toward our down payment. I think we only paied 107 per point at the time. I have to say it was one of the best decision we ever made. Now that the prices have increased up to $135 a point, were glad we made the move when we did. We've gone on 5 trip ranging 2 nights to 2 weeks and have stayed in studios, one bedrooms and a 2 bedroom. We've even gone to Vero Beach Resort. We have come out ahead already by using our points over cash for these rooms (not counting annual dues) and we still have over 48 years to enjoy more vacations. If you plan on going at least every other year you should consider it! We love it!
    I thought you only had it for 40 years? Man I'm getting all kinds f diff feedback
    Laur

You have it for 50 years Laureliz13. We bought 250 points at BLT when we visited WDW in 2009. Cost us 10000 (not sure what that was in dollars as can't remember the exchange rate at time of purchase sorry) So far we've only used our points once as we bought with the intention of visiting every 2 years. In 2010 we used it for 1 week in a studio at kidani village with a savannah view followed by a second week in a 1 bedroom at kidani village with a savannah view.

We're arriving for our second DVC holiday in 4 weeks time(we're very excited!). This time our DVC points are covering our friends and their kids too. 5 nights at BLT in a 2 bedroom with magic kingdom view and 5 nights at kidani village in a 2 bedroom with a savannah view. My friends are paying for a villa for 10 days inbetween to allow us all to stay for 3 weeks. DVC has been brilliant for us so far. Best investment we've made as a family...
    If you can dream it you can do it.....

you get it for 50 years but like we bought into the saratoga springs so it has been open now 4 years so if you bought in you would get it for 46 years if you buy into alauni you get it for 50 years and if you buy from disney you can use your points for the cruises also every year they have 2 member cruises just for DVC members with special gifts and fun on board that only DVC members can attend it is all very cool and you get 100 off your annual pass. But talking to a disney rep is really the way to go for all the amazing info I know this year points went up I think it is 107 per point for saratoga springs and like WEDVC2009 said you can buy from someone who no longer uses or wants they're points you just don't get to use the cruise option that way!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!