Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

I am planning our first trip to Disney ever! I have booked an appt at the BBB in DTD for the morning that we leave for my DD8. Here's my question...do most people do the dresses when they are there? I ask because my DD is not into the princesses at all. She loves hair and makeup though, but would never normally play dress up in a princess dress. I don't want her to feel left out or different because she sees everyone else in a princess dress.
    I thought about having a tshirt made for her that says "if the crown fits" or something like that. I just want it to be perfect for her.

Re: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

We never do the dress's they are too expensive we just pack a special dress or outfit our girls love and have they're hair and nails done and we always do it right before we go on a special dinner night like when we go to the princess castle!

Also have an amazing first trip and welcome to the I am addicted to disney club I can remember crying when we got home from our first trip!
    Last edited by Disneymommyx2; 06-23-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

First trip? Wow, that is special.

In my opinion, I wouldn't book it in the morning, as venturing around the parks is a long and sweaty experience, and costumes / makeup / hair may not be the most comfortable things for her to have on while she is prancing around the park.

If all you want is glitter and a hair do, far better to use the barber shop on main street. They can do the same, for far less money.

The first year I skipped on BBB, but last year I broke down and did the whole package (few hundred bucks) I did it on the last day, with a bookend of a dinner at the royal table. I must say...it...was worth it (specially since we use the dress as her halloween costume as well). The Jasmine outfit is the only one that is not a dress, iirc. It's pants and a midriff blouse.

I like "if the crown fits" t-shirt idea, that's amusing. My daughter is also quite a tom-boy when it comes to clothes...but, slap a Cinderella dress on her, and she's suddenly transformed. The quality of the dresses is quite good, and I'm sure your child will outgrow the dress before the dress lets her down.
    Last edited by englanddg; 06-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    First trip? Wow, that is special.

In my opinion, I wouldn't book it in the morning, as venturing around the parks is a long and sweaty experience, and costumes / makeup / hair may not be the most comfortable things for her to have on while she is prancing around the park.

If all you want is glitter and a hair do, far better to use the barber shop on main street. They can do the same, for far less money.

The first year I skipped on BBB, but last year I broke down and did the whole package (few hundred bucks) I did it on the last day, with a bookend of a dinner at the royal table. I must say...it...was worth it (specially since we use the dress as her halloween costume as well). The Jasmine outfit is the only one that is not a dress, iirc. It's pants and a midriff blouse.

I like "if the crown fits" t-shirt idea, that's amusing. My daughter is also quite a tom-boy when it comes to clothes...but, slap a Cinderella dress on her, and she's suddenly transformed. The quality of the dresses is quite good, and I'm sure your child will outgrow the dress before the dress lets her down.
    This answers my question then lol. I am currently planning my families first trip to WDW and were super excited. I have planned to take my 4 year old (whom i may add) its addicted to the disney princesses to BBB but its going to be a suprise. she is definately into the dresses and makeup and stuff so were already planning for few hundred in there lol. Cant wait to go to WDW!
    Brooke Russell

Glad to be of service!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Thanks for all of the suggestions. The main reason that I was asking was because I was thinking of having a custom dress made before we left. I decided to just wait until we get there and let her decide. If she wants to do the dress then we'll get one at BBB. I am doing the "crown fits" shirt for her to wear that day either way.
    16 days and counting!