Introducing the "Disney Without Kids" forum!

Smile Introducing the "Disney Without Kids" forum!

Great news!

As you will know, Talk Disney already has forums for "Disney for Families", "Disney for Teens", "Disney for Kids" and even "Travelling with Pets" and so it only seemed right to have a "Disney Without Kids" Adults Only () forum.

No - it's not that kind of forum (we are a family site after all)!

The "Disney Without Kids" is a forum where all things relating to trips with no children can be discussed.

If you are an adult with no kids or are simply leaving the ankle-biters behind to sneak away for a "grown-up" WDW break, this is the place to discuss it.

Usual site rules apply (so keep it clean! ) - and let's get chatting!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

We used to love these holidays before the kids came along. Strolling around Epcot of an evening during the food and wine festival are what memories are for.

Completely different nowadays, I envy you Adults with Kids.............. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0510
    We used to love these holidays before the kids came along. Strolling around Epcot of an evening during the food and wine festival are what memories are for.

Completely different nowadays, I envy you Adults with Kids.............. Lol
    Sorry, meant to say Adults without kids!
    Last edited by Mike0510; 06-26-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Introducing the "Disney Without Kids" forum!

Someday they'll be grown up and you can visit WDW as Adults Without Kids again!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    Someday they'll be grown up and you can visit WDW as Adults Without Kids again!
    That's true, hadn't thought that far ahead but you have given us hope. Ha ha

I have to say, having spoken to so many people who have taken kids to WDW, an adults-only trip is a world apart from a trip with kids.

Much as the parents amoungst is would disagree, in my (slightly biased) opinion, Disney World is far too good for kids!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

It's a completely different holiday. We spent 10 years going as a couple before the little ones arrived and although the parks are generally the same throughout the years, the holidays couldn't be any more different.

Both have their own pros and cons though and only during the last few years have we seen areas of WDW we never saw before.

We always found that the adult holiday was more relaxing and we were able to enjoy the feel of Orlando by taking our time and exploring the region whereas nowadays its all about trying entice a mouse over to our breakfast table!

Also miss the small break from Orlando in the middle of the holiday when we would jump into the car and head down to the keys for a few days. Heaven.

I agree on that one. I can't wait to book a trip just us two (soon, very soon). And I say that while Evilly twiddling my fingers. (muahahaha.)
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

It is a completely different experience with kids. Although we have a great time and enjoy seeing them experience the magic, I am also looking forward to our trip next year with just DH and I. It will feel weird being there without them. I won't know how to act.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    It is a completely different experience with kids. Although we have a great time and enjoy seeing them experience the magic, I am also looking forward to our trip next year with just DH and I. It will feel weird being there without them. I won't know how to act.
    Exactly!! I asked DH what he wanted to do for our 5yr anniv. next year, his response : Disney World for a week no kids. :-) Already booked our room Jan 5-12 !! It will be different, but fun as we will be doing many Dining experiences we wouldn't normally do with the kids and I am sure many other things as well that I haven't seen in a while because we bypass them.

We don't have kids ourselves, but we have always gone with friends and family with kids. Then last September we we went just the two of us and it was so different. We usually focus on whatever everyone else wants, kid friendly resturaunts and turn in earlier at night.
    I remember asking my husband what he wanted to do and he just laughed and said "no ones ever asked me before!" We were able to be flexible in our plans and we accomplished everything so quickly. I enjoy both but I actually can back from our trip but ourselves relaxed.
    2006 & 2008 Fort Wilderness
    2009 bought into the DVC and Kidani Village
    2010 4 night Disney cruise on the Wonder and BLT
    2011 Old Key West and Boardwalk Villas
    2011 Bay Lake Tower
    2012 Kidani Village, Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, and Jambo House

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma View Post
    Exactly!! I asked DH what he wanted to do for our 5yr anniv. next year, his response : Disney World for a week no kids. :-) Already booked our room Jan 5-12 !! It will be different, but fun as we will be doing many Dining experiences we wouldn't normally do with the kids and I am sure many other things as well that I haven't seen in a while because we bypass them.
    Hooray, that's exciting! I can't wait to book our trip! We are planning on early September. I am also looking forward to having some adult dining experiences. Also being able to enjoy the things we skip over, like exploring the countries at Epcot. And just being able to R E L A X!!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

DH and I go to WDW without kids, but we always come back exhausted!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

I guess this is for me, as I always am Disney without kids
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

My DH and I have been on 3 vacations to Disneyland since our son has been born and he has not yet come on any trips. Our 4th trip will be to WDW 3 days after our son turns 2 and he won't be going on that trip either. Until my son is old enough to go to the kids clubs at the hotels he will not be joining us. It may sound a little selfish , but I'm not ready to entirely give up my alone time with my hubby So for now we go child free.

It looks like me and my man are going to be without kids for a while (we can't have any) and we're not married yet so Disney without kids describes us
    Last edited by Tinker Britt; 08-03-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013