Visiting WDW in September - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16

    WDW in September

    We are planning to head back to DisneyWorld sometime in late September. Has anyone been around that time??

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,070
    Crowds will be low, but it will be very, very hot and very, very humid, and very rainy. There are usually afternoon thunderstorms in September. It's also peak hurricane season, though they rarely hit Orlando.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

    DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15


  3. #18
    We love going then, towards the very end of September. We have always had great weather. Usually low 80s. Just add a light sweater or wrap at night.
    Also, very low crowds! We barely even use fast passes during that time because there is no need.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,070
    I guess you've been lucky. September average temperature in Orlando is 90 degrees. Once it hits 80, it's too hot for me!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

    DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Kidd View Post
    We are planning to head back to DisneyWorld sometime in late September. Has anyone been around that time??
    Be merged this question into our existing September thread where you should find lots of useful info.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183
    Personally, I find September too hot, too humid and too stormy - but I know a lot of people who love WDW in September.

    I guess you could argue that there isn't a bad time of year to go. It's still WDW after all!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    I guess you could argue that there isn't a bad time of year to go. It's still WDW after all!
    Very true!

    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Happy Holidays

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    I guess you've been lucky. September average temperature in Orlando is 90 degrees. Once it hits 80, it's too hot for me!
    Wow! 90, huh? Yeah we definitely must have had all the days that were not that hot over the years. We also have never had storm or rain issues in September. July and August yes, but not the last week of September. I guess I should feel lucky it seems!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbagirl81 View Post
    Wow! 90, huh? Yeah we definitely must have had all the days that were not that hot over the years. We also have never had storm or rain issues in September. July and August yes, but not the last week of September. I guess I should feel lucky it seems!
    We're not frequent September visitors (we prefer early May) so it may just have been us who were unlucky. We've only done 2 September trips. One was very stormy and sweaty and although the other was less rainy, we hit 102 degrees with 99% humidity in the last week of September. Eeeek!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post

    We're not frequent September visitors (we prefer early May) so it may just have been us who were unlucky. We've only done 2 September trips. One was very stormy and sweaty and although the other was less rainy, we hit 102 degrees with 99% humidity in the last week of September. Eeeek!
    Sounds about right. September is a difficult month in Florida, weather-wise. (I live in Florida.)
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

    DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    The only good thing about September is low crowd levels, good discount codes and lower rack rates for disney resorts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 08:10 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 08:16 PM
  3. Earn Free Discounts at WDW
    By Ryan C. in forum TD archives
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2002, 08:24 PM
  4. ABC Family's Action Block Sched 9/9-9/15
    By MouseMan in forum TD archives
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2002, 08:19 PM
  5. any wdw castmembers?
    By mairejain in forum TD archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2002, 09:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP