trying to get her to go

trying to get her to go

My girlfriend and I are starting to think of getting married and thinking about honeymoon places. I would love to go to wdw but she doesn't really want to go. How do I convince her to go to Disney for are honeymoon? Is it worth going or should we look some where else. Any suggestions

-Alec S
    -Coach Alec S

Re: trying to get her to go

There are many wonderful places to honeymoon, and Disney is one of them. I'd start by trying to figure out what she sees as a beautiful honeymoon, and work from there.

Has she ever been to Disney before? Perhaps she doesn't understand how "adult" it can be, and merely sees it as a childish theme park, or something like a Six Flags?

Other options are the Disney cruises and Tours by Disney.

If she doesn't want to go, then you probably can't convince her. I'd spend a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what it is she's looking for, rather then trying to convince her to do something she doesn't want to do (just my advice).

That being said, Disney might have everything she wants to see and do, and that's where your sell job begins (grin!).
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

She has not been to disney but I have told her so much about it that she understands that its not just for kids.

-Alec S
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps View Post
    She has not been to disney but I have told her so much about it that she understands that its not just for kids.
    Even if she admits that intellectually, she may not emotionally...if that makes sense.

I'm sure she has her own mental picture of your honeymoon, and if you aren't keyed into that, my supposition is that you'll never know how to sell Disney to her as a concept that can make her "dreams come true".
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Could you maybe compromise and do a two centre honeymoon, a week in Orlando then a week at a beach resort relaxing.we did las Vegas then Cancun so had a mixture of busy then complete relaxation.

Hope she comes round to wdw though

I agree with Kimbo - do a mix - i remember as a bride the wedding planning process can be really busy at time especially if you are doing a lot of do it yourself projects - I wanted a relaxing vacation where we just lounged on a beach and got free drinks.

Or maybe you could do your honeymoon more in line with her expectation and a Disney trip for your first anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps
    My girlfriend and I are starting to think of getting married and thinking about honeymoon places. I would love to go to wdw but she doesn't really want to go. How do I convince her to go to Disney for are honeymoon? Is it worth going or should we look some where else. Any suggestions

-Alec S
    I think you have mentioned that you have been there many times with your family, right? Since she hasn't been there before, she may want your honeymoon to be somewhere that will be new to both of you. She may want it to be romantic and maybe she feels like Disney already has too many family memories attached to it for you and would prefer to go somewhere where neither of you have ever been- so you can discover it together. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo
    Could you maybe compromise and do a two centre honeymoon, a week in Orlando then a week at a beach resort relaxing.we did las Vegas then Cancun so had a mixture of busy then complete relaxation.

Hope she comes round to wdw though
    My (now ex) DH and I did that on our honeymoon. He knew how much I wanted to go to Disney for our honeymoon and he wanted to relax on a beach, so we did 5 days at Disney and the 6 days in Mexico. It was perfect! We both enjoyed both parts of the trip. We had the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by i heart disney3; 07-22-2012 at 09:44 AM.

we did our Honeymoon in WDW, DH had never been there and at first he wasn't so sure (he wanted to go to Puerto Vallarta) but I wanted to go so bad to experience it with him... I'd always gone with my family, and it WAS a very different experience.

There IS a bit for everyone, maybe if you searched YouTube for videos of WDW honeymoons, you could show her the many things you can do!

Or search the Cruises!

But you know what? no matter where you go, it is a beautiful time, you should embrace it and enjoy it! Have fun!!!

HEY! this is my 1,000th post! yay!
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007

“The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

We honeymooned in WDW a couple years ago and loved it! We also spent our first anniversary there.

I wrote a Mission: Disney report on it, which you can find it in our Mission: Disney section.

You could actually have a great WDW without even going to the parks because there are so many other activities to do around the resort. And so much of it can be romantic like watching fireworks on the Poly beach, renting a small boat on the lake, horseback riding, spa stuff, hiking, bicycling and Surrey bikes, golf and mini-golf, carriage rides, snorkeling at the Living Seas, fireworks cruises, Cirque du Soleil, waterskiing, tennis, and tons more, including course all the great restaurants and bars.

You can spend a few days at WDW then drive somewhere else, like Tampa for the Dali museum and aquarium, Kennedy Space Center, Weeki Wachee for the mermaids, or one of the coasts for a few relaxing and romantic days. I've heard Sanibel Island and Captiva are really nice.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15