Disney weddings

Thread: Disney weddings

Disney weddings

I have a feeling my bf is proposing soon. So i have been on this wedding kick and have been planning my disney dream wedding but want more info about it. I want to get married at wedding pavilion and reception at living seas. I want a wishes wedding what does that all include and how much does that cost??

Re: Disney weddings

Here is the official Disney Weddings & Honeymoons website:

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

I have looked on there but they are not clear on what is all included. I was going to call but since im not actually engaged and no date set i didnt know if they could help out.

Re: Disney weddings

According to the site, the minimum cost of a Wishes wedding is $12,000 plus tax and service charge.

Here's the part where it explains what you get:

Minimum expenditures (based on Guest count) can be met through a combination of food & beverage, floral, décor, music, entertainment, special transportation, photography/videography, venue rentals, and other wedding day services provided by Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. Wishes Collection events require a minimum of 20 guests, including the couple.

This section shows you the options for the ceremony, reception, flowers, photography and videography, food and beverage, entertainment, and transportation:

Wishes Weddings | Florida Weddings | Disney World Weddings

Just figure you can't do a Wishes wedding for less than $12,000. You'd have to speak with a Disney wedding planner to figure out the price from there because of all the different options.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

My wife and I had a Disney wedding last year, but I'm not exactly clear what your question is. They may have changed a few things, but there were 3 tiers of wedding. One I think was called escapes and it was for 20 or less people, all others are wishes and then there was a high end option called couture. Depending on the day of the week there was a minimum expenditure. I don't remember the exact numbers, but for example if you wanted a Saturday wishes wedding, everything you want to include in the wedding has to exceed $15,000. Which depending on your number of guests usually isn't a problem. We had around 70 people and I think our wedding cost around $25,000 total, not including our travel. Disney doesn't provide an officiant, you have to hire your own. They do recommend some though. You can have pretty much whatever you want in terms of flowers, linens, meals, decorations, but they all have different prices. Steak and lobster was something like $150 per guest but chicken was maybe $70 per guest, etc. Formal wear was not included. If you hit a certain about of rooms reserved, you and your new spouse get 1 free night at any Disney hotel, but other than that you're on your own. Disney has photographers, djs, transportation, florists, bar tenders, waitstaff. They also handle the cake, but you can get any cake you could ever imagine done. Hope all that helps.

I recently got engaged at WDW. We are looking into a Disney wedding and I requested more information about it. Is having a Disney wedding too pricy or is it really worth paying the price?

We both love Disney. I have been too many times to count and he has been twice. This is something that I've wanted since I was a kid but I don't want my parents to pay extreme prices if it isn't worth the money.