Quick Service Restaurants.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Reisterstown, MD
    Posts
    58

    Quick Service Restaurants.

    Just made my Table Service reservations. So, now I'm wondering about Quick Service restaurants. Are there any that are a cut above the rest?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    746

    Re: Quick Service Restaurants.

    Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House are IMO better than others.
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: Quick Service Restaurants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Racheln View Post
    Just made my Table Service reservations. So, now I'm wondering about Quick Service restaurants. Are there any that are a cut above the rest?
    I think so.

    MK, Columbia Harbor House is probably the best. I also really like Sleepy Hollow. (Nutella waffle, get out of here!)

    I do NOT like Pinocchio Village Haus. For a burger, I'd rather do Cosmic Rays then Pecos Bills, but that's just cause I like Cosmic Rays!

    At Epcot, I think that the Land Pavilion is pretty good (but not fantastic). I'd not even bother with Electric Umbrella. In the World Showcase, I think that La Cantina (Mexico), Katsura Grill (Japan), Sommerfest (Germany), Tangierine Cafe (Morroco) and Yorkshire County Fish Shop are all excellent!

    At HS, I like the Mac and Cheese Hot Dog at Fairfax Fair (the rest of the food is meh), and ABC Commissary and Backlot Express are both good (though I like Backlot Express slightly better).

    At AK, my list gets really short. Yak and Yeti Local Foods Cafe. The rest are ok (I'd do Flame Tree over Restaurantosaurus or Pizzafari), but nothing really great in my opinion, or they offer similar food you can find at other parks done better.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Reisterstown, MD
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by englanddg

    I think so.

    MK, Columbia Harbor House is probably the best. I also really like Sleepy Hollow. (Nutella waffle, get out of here!)

    I do NOT like Pinocchio Village Haus. For a burger, I'd rather do Cosmic Rays then Pecos Bills, but that's just cause I like Cosmic Rays!

    At Epcot, I think that the Land Pavilion is pretty good (but not fantastic). I'd not even bother with Electric Umbrella. In the World Showcase, I think that La Cantina (Mexico), Katsura Grill (Japan), Sommerfest (Germany), Tangierine Cafe (Morroco) and Yorkshire County Fish Shop are all excellent!

    At HS, I like the Mac and Cheese Hot Dog at Fairfax Fair (the rest of the food is meh), and ABC Commissary and Backlot Express are both good (though I like Backlot Express slightly better).

    At AK, my list gets really short. Yak and Yeti Local Foods Cafe. The rest are ok (I'd do Flame Tree over Restaurantosaurus or Pizzafari), but nothing really great in my opinion, or they offer similar food you can find at other parks done better.
    Thanks for breaking it down by park because I wouldn't have known where they were without looking them up. I like that your posts are always so detailed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: Quick Service Restaurants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Racheln View Post
    Thanks for breaking it down by park because I wouldn't have known where they were without looking them up. I like that your posts are always so detailed.
    My pleasure!

    Also, I wanted to toss in another "quick service" option that is easy to overlook at MK.

    Turkey Legs!

    One of my favorite things to do is around 2:30 - 2:40 or so, make my way over to Frontierland, and snag a rocking chair or space on the deck/planters to sit. I sit right across from Country Bears, outside of the gift shop.

    The Turkey Leg cart is right across the street. I grab one for 1 QS credit, and it comes with chips and a drink. I then use a snack credit to get another drink, and my kid and I split the leg and the chips. We are normally just finishing up as the beginning of the 3pm parade is coming through! It's lots of fun!
    Last edited by englanddg; 07-28-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Reisterstown, MD
    Posts
    58
    That sounds like a great way to have a quick lunch and then have a good seat to watch the parade.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,070
    In my opinion...

    MK: Columbia Harbour House is by far the best. I haven't tried Sleepy Hollow, but it looks really good. (NOT a turkey leg fan...ew.)

    Epcot: With the World Showcase, I see no reason to eat at the Future World QS restaurants. My favorite is Tangierine Cafe in Morocco (vegetable plate...mmmm!). Norway has a good sweet snack (Schoolbread). Guacamole & chips at Cava de Tequila in Mexico. Fish & chips in the UK. Japan has a new QS. I haven't tried it yet, but looks good.

    DHS: Backlot Express has good sandwiches (I like the roasted veggie). It also has good theming.

    AK: I can't recommend anything here yet. Did not like Pizzafari, but the restaurant has great theming. Restaurantosaurus looks like it might be good. If you like barbecue (I don't), you'll probably like Flame Tree. I loved the Yak & Yeti table service, but not the QS.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

    DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: Quick Service Restaurants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Restaurantosaurus looks like it might be good.
    Food wise, Restaurantosaurus is very similar to Cosmic Rays.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

  9. #9

    Best places for quick serv. meals????

    What are the best quick serv. places in Disney World? All parks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183

    Re: Best places for quick serv. meals????

    Quote Originally Posted by mmellonmont View Post
    What are the best quick serv. places in Disney World? All parks.
    I've merged these threads as they are asking the same question.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,070

    Re: Quick Service Restaurants.

    Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    Food wise, Restaurantosaurus is very similar to Cosmic Rays.
    Really? I was hoping it would be better. The menu looked interesting with the grilled vegetable sandwich and the shrimp sandwich.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

    DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15


  12. #12
    Best quick services in MK?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183

    Re: Quick Service Restaurants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Lover_15 View Post
    Best quick services in MK?
    Columbia Harbour House first.

    Cosmic Rays second.

    Pecos Bills? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkster

    Columbia Harbour House first.

    Cosmic Rays second.

    Pecos Bills? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    I've actually done both of those today and yesterday

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: Quick Service Restaurants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Really? I was hoping it would be better. The menu looked interesting with the grilled vegetable sandwich and the shrimp sandwich.
    I didn't try either of those, and skipped it this past trip...so maybe they've modified the menu? I remember it being almost exactly the same menu and quality as Cosmic Rays.

    I'll have to check it out on my next trip. Both of those sound really good.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WDW Quick Service Restaurants
    By Disney_Lover_15 in forum WDW Restaurants
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 04:33 AM
  2. Need advice about DD - quick service dining
    By MImom in forum General Planning
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 09:32 PM
  3. quick and casual meals for sale
    By CindyItaly in forum TD archives
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 07:30 AM
  4. Disney, Microsoft form Internet service
    By MickeysGirl in forum TD archives
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 07:27 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2002, 11:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP