Cars Land to DHS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cars Land to DHS?

Read a rumour on wdwinfo (I know it's only a rumour!) about Lights Camera Action and the Backlot Tour may be replaced with Cars Land.

If true this is just the type of thing DHS desperately needs and I don't think having another Pixar movie based attraction in this park is a bad thing.

What do people think?

Cars Land to Disney Hollywood Studios? Hmmm....I don't know what to think. Although would it make sense for them to put Radiator Springs Racers there when WDW has Test Track nearby?

Disney really could use an expansion in the back of Hollywood Studios. This would disperse the crowds to other larger attractions- in this case, the whole Radiator Springs. This would be a great addition to not only HS, but to Disney World itself. Now families won't have to travel from the east coast to the west coast just to check out Radiator Springs. One thing I would be very disappointed with is if Disney took out the Backlot Tour and/or Lights, Motors, Action (considering this is a fairly new show). Like I said, this would benefit Disney big time if they can pull it off.

Imagining the Unimagined
    "We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode you are the star, and this elevator travels directly to ... The Twilight Zone."

35 Times and Counting to WDW

I would love for them to do this because, like you mentioned, I don't want to travel all the way to Cali essentially just for Carsland when WDW is so much closer. I totally agree with you that it would disperse the crowds a little and add something that people feel is lacking to DHS. Not to mention the fact that the Backlot Tour has been on the decline for quite some time. I say bring it on!
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

It would be awesome if Carsland is coming to WDW.
    But why remove 2 attractions??? Isn't there enough room? Whole WDW area is huge
    Although the Backlot Tour isn't what it used to be, it belongs to HS!!
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Re: Cars Land to DHS?

iirc, HS has a few areas that can still be developed, but due to it's geography, it's pretty cramped right now without them doing some major work on the surrounding environment (moving roads, filling swamps, etc).

I'd love to see Cars Land. I figure it can go behind the animators plaza and Rock n Roller Coaster, and make for another link to that side of the park. Or, it could go between the Fantasmic pavilion and Tower of Terror (though, I personally would like to see that become Toon Town).
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by MINI Mouse
    It would be awesome if Carsland is coming to WDW.
    But why remove 2 attractions??? Isn't there enough room? Whole WDW area is huge
    Although the Backlot Tour isn't what it used to be, it belongs to HS!!
    I agree. Hollywood studios is a park about movies. Lights motor action and backlot tour need to stay!!!!!

I have read that Disney World is feeling competition from other Orlando theme parks and that Disney World might be falling to other theme parks. Cars land would probably make Disney World the number one theme park again. The Harry Potter attraction in Universal was Disney's biggest threat. The backlot tour is great, as well is the Stunt Show, but some people think these attractions are becoming less and less popular. Cars Land would be a great addition since it was a huge hit in California!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLGhostGalaxy View Post
    Cars Land to Disney Hollywood Studios? Hmmm....I don't know what to think. Although would it make sense for them to put Radiator Springs Racers there when WDW has Test Track nearby?
    I agree, I think CarsLand is an attraction that is good to keep at DLC!!

I think CarsLand is an attraction that is better off at DLC. I just don't think that it would be a good move on Disney's part just because I think it could potentially draw DLC guests to WDW, And decrease the interest of visiting DLC. If WDW didn't have Test Track then it would make sense to bring CL to WDW. I just think that WDW has enough attractions,water parks and more to offer than DLC does, So I say keep CL at DLC.
    Last edited by disneymama2000; 08-12-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Disney addict for life

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0510 View Post
    Read a rumour on wdwinfo (I know it's only a rumour!) about Lights Camera Action and the Backlot Tour may be replaced with Cars Land.

If true this is just the type of thing DHS desperately needs and I don't think having another Pixar movie based attraction in this park is a bad thing.

What do people think?
    As a current Imagineer and past admin at WDW info. This conversation has appeared many times on the DIS boards and in WED meetings. So far the place that we maybe planning cars land for Hollywood Studios behind the Back Lot Tour and LMA. I would let you guys know if it's going to happen since I'm an architect for WED and I would get the green light to start designing it. Questions
    P.S.
    I've said too much.
    Last edited by Parksfan1999; 10-24-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parksfan1999

As a current Imagineer and past admin at WDW info. This conversation has appeared many times on the DIS boards and in WED meetings. So far the place that we maybe planning cars land for Hollywood Studios behind the Back Lot Tour and LMA. I would let you guys know if it's going to happen since I'm an architect for WED and I would get the green light to start designing it. Questions
    P.S.
    I've said too much.
    That is awesome!! (And I didn't see it )
    And what an awesome job you have
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Yeah, we are planning to start construction in 2015. Don't get your hopes up. The company's board may decline our idea. I didn't post this post either. Thanks we have a saying, if you love what you see, you should build it. In other words work for WED.
    When you wish upon a star

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0510

What do people think?
    I love lights, motor, action. I think a Cars land would be nice but I think they should just add it in some where. And ik its just a rumor but I like the idea.
    -Coach Alec S

I am for it I watch
    the tv on disney channel
    and heard that cars
    land in in DL now
    its weird must be a
    hit in DL so they
    take it to WDW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast