Hearing Aids and Touring

Hearing Aids and Touring

in 2007, i remember on stitch, when he "spit"; i was nervous about getting my hearing aids wet so needless to say, will not do that again.
    Told DH that i wanted to do Mickey's Philharmagic and he pointed this out:

Mickey's PhilharMagic is a 4-D film attraction found at the Magic Kingdom theme park ... Mickey's PhilharMagic is a 12-minute long show featuring 3D effects, scents, and WATER as well as a number of characters from Disney movies. It is shown on the largest purpose-built 3D screen ever made, at 150 feet wide. (from wikipedia)

So my question is: do i need to worry about my hearing aids getting wet????

Thanks!
    Last edited by lesliepr; 08-03-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Re: Hearing Aids and Touring

It's just a quick little spray of water. The most I ever got was a few drops. I bet you can ask a CM if there are certain seats in the theater that are out of the way of the spray.

That theater has a system for the hard-of-hearing, too. It's a projection thing, I believe.

Muppets has a little spray, too, if I remember correctly.

Are your HA exposed or covered by your hair? You can always just put your hands over your ears right before the spray. It only happens once.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Depends on if it's summer or winter thanks Alice!

I have been wearing two hearing aids since I was three and have never had an issue during shows as, as previous people have said, the water is minimal spray and never gets near my aids. The only thing I tend to do when I am at Disney is take them out when I go on rides where I am likely to get very wet such as Splash Mountain. I also find it helps,to remove them on roller coasters as sometimes the force can actually loosen my aids and I am very wary that they may fall out!!