Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Middlesbrough, north east, uk
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by tangled93
    I know this thread is a few months old, but we're going to the Halloween Party this fall and I'm thinking ahead regarding dining. We like to use most of or sit-down credits for dinner, and I need to make reservations before I'll know the dates for the party. What happens if I have a Magic Kingdom dinner reservation on the night of the party? If we're at MK at 6 and the party doesn't start until 7 do we have to leave and re-enter when the party begins? Would it be better to try and avoid dinner at MK on the party night? As you can tell, I'm not sure what to do. And I'm worried that if I need to cancel a reservation when they announce the party dates, I won't be able to book it for another time because everything will be filled (if they announce the dates in may like last year, it will be will well under our 180 days.) Any advice?!
    They give you wrist bands for the party so I think you would only have to customer services desks to get your wrist bands and carry your party cards as well that way u don't have to leave the park and re enter I saw a few people doing that this last Halloween
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them


    Disneyland Paris 23rd-26th dec '07
    Walt Disney world 1st-15th nov '12
    Florida (clarion inn-LBV) 17th nov- 2nd Dec '15

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by tangled93
    I know this thread is a few months old, but we're going to the Halloween Party this fall and I'm thinking ahead regarding dining. We like to use most of or sit-down credits for dinner, and I need to make reservations before I'll know the dates for the party. What happens if I have a Magic Kingdom dinner reservation on the night of the party? If we're at MK at 6 and the party doesn't start until 7 do we have to leave and re-enter when the party begins? Would it be better to try and avoid dinner at MK on the party night? As you can tell, I'm not sure what to do. And I'm worried that if I need to cancel a reservation when they announce the party dates, I won't be able to book it for another time because everything will be filled (if they announce the dates in may like last year, it will be will well under our 180 days.) Any advice?!
    If you have a ticket for the party and enter the park 4pm or after you will not have to leave the park and re-enter. You will go through the special party entrance and get your wristband (and treat bag). So no worries there! If you use a regular park ticket so you can get in and "play" before 4pm, I believe you either will need to leave and re-enter after 4pm or there might be a spot inside the park you will be able to get your band & bag.

    Now with dining I would make all your ADRs as planned for the party to be on a certain night, some park crowd predictor site say what nights they think the party will be on. Just try to change immediately if need be for best chances to get what you want.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Moscow, PA
    Posts
    143
    I'm going to piggyback off this and ask another MNSSHP question: what are some good costume ideas for little boys (age 6-7)? My daughter is easy because she has a bunch of dance costumes in addition to her princess costumes, but my son is much harder. I can't think of anything that is light with short sleeves and shorts since we'll be going in mid-September. Other than a baseball player, which is all i can think of, does anyone have any ideas???

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by tangled93
    I'm going to piggyback off this and ask another MNSSHP question: what are some good costume ideas for little boys (age 6-7)? My daughter is easy because she has a bunch of dance costumes in addition to her princess costumes, but my son is much harder. I can't think of anything that is light with short sleeves and shorts since we'll be going in mid-September. Other than a baseball player, which is all i can think of, does anyone have any ideas???
    What about Peter Pan?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Moscow, PA
    Posts
    143
    Umm, not sure about Peter Pan. When we went on the Pirates & Pals fireworks cruise my son asked me why Peter Pan was wearing a dress and slippers like Tinker Bell. Lol! Don't even remember what I answered because it was like 11:00 and we were really tired!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    México
    Posts
    1,492
    Who says a pirate can't wear shorts? Pint sized pirates are too cute!

    Sent from my magical device using pixie dust!
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

    Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007
    DS Marcos, Born Feb 28, 2014
    “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Moscow, PA
    Posts
    143
    I don't know why I didn't think of a pirate! We have pirate accessories and the bandanas from the Pirates & Pals cruise. That would work!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by tangled93
    Umm, not sure about Peter Pan. When we went on the Pirates & Pals fireworks cruise my son asked me why Peter Pan was wearing a dress and slippers like Tinker Bell. Lol! Don't even remember what I answered because it was like 11:00 and we were really tired!
    My son was Peter Pan last year for Halloween, we did an oversized dark green shirt and lime green leggings (which are now in my daughters closet) and a brown belt. It was really cute, if I can get a pic uploaded I will show you. I think Pirate would be a good idea!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anderson indiana
    Posts
    968
    We are going this October and I am going to try to get the boys into pirate eagle the day of the Halloween party and use that as part f their costumes

  10. #25

    MNSSHP yeah or nay

    We are going in October and have not decided on if we are going to do MNSSHP. My question is is it really worth it or not?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    DFW area TX
    Posts
    91

    Re: MNSSHP yeah or nay

    We have done it twice. Skipped it last time and regret that. If you haven't done it than its worth it.
    2002-off prop, 2005-cabin FW, 2006-cabin FW (MVMCP), 2007-POR (MNSSHP & free dinning), 2008-CBR(MNSSHP & free dinning) no kids, 2011-CBR (MNSSHP & free dinning), 2013-cabins FW (MVMCP)

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    818
    I've been once (last year) and when we were leaving I said, "I would come down for a couple days just for this". But I love Halloween. We had so much fun! The parade and fireworks are amazing. You really get to see a lot of characters you normally wouldn't. Riding Haunted Mansion was very memorable as well. They do extra fun things at the ride. There's just a certain fun and spooky feeling about magic kingdom during the party! Plus it's not busy. We walked right onto HM, POT, BTM, and SM!

    Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,070
    I think it's worth doing once. The parade is really great, the park is decorated, and it is pretty fun trick-or-treating around the park, even as adults. And you can wear costumes, if you want. And there's a special Halloween version of Wishes.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

    DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15


  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Phillyburbs
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: MNSSHP yeah or nay

    We enjoyed it last year, and are actually thinking about going again this year. I will say that if you are there on a sold out night (we were), it is very crowded!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anderson indiana
    Posts
    968
    We are doing it for the first time this year. I'm really looking forward to it as are my kids ages 6 and 17(will be 18 before we get there)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney Cruise tips
    By DisneyCruiser in forum Trip Tips!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 04:36 PM
  2. Some tips to a trip to The Disneyland resort
    By Disneyland1955 in forum TD archives
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 04:58 PM
  3. Brokaw's successor tips ABC's Jennings
    By disneyaholic in forum TD archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2002, 12:42 PM
  4. Any fantastic tips to SAVE for Disney trips?
    By Ryan C. in forum TD archives
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2002, 09:13 PM
  5. Some TIPS FOR THE DISNEYLAND RESORT
    By Disneyland1955 in forum TD archives
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-21-2002, 03:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP