Transportation Worries
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Transportation Worries

Transportation times scare me! I want to make the most out of my park visit so I'm kind of thinking of surprising my sisters and telling them when I book that I booked the All Star Music but actually book Port Orleans and cover the difference for the trip. Am I overreacting? Do you think that if we get to the bus early enough we'll be there just in time when the park opens? I really don't care how long it takes us to get back from the parks as long as I get to the parks at a decent time.
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

You really don't have to worry about that.
    As I remember correct busses start driving to the parks 1 hour before opening and it is a 20 minute drive at the most (depending from what Resort you go to what park)

And I don't think there is a difference in number of busses going from the Value or Moderate Resorts
    (at least I didn't notice between the All Star Resorts and the Coronado Springs Resort)

But ofcourse a Moderate Resort is more quiet and relaxed than the Value Resorts, there is the only difference I can see
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Re: Transportation Worries

Quote Originally Posted by MINI Mouse View Post
    You really don't have to worry about that.
    As I remember correct busses start driving to the parks 1 hour before opening and it is a 20 minute drive at the most (depending from what Resort you go to what park)

And I don't think there is a difference in number of busses going from the Value or Moderate Resorts
    (at least I didn't notice between the All Star Resorts and the Coronado Springs Resort)

But ofcourse a Moderate Resort is more quiet and relaxed than the Value Resorts, there is the only difference I can see
    I agree! We have stayed at both moderate and value resorts, and the transportation was fine. The only issue that may come up when staying at an All-Stars is sharing the bus with all three resorts. Sometimes the buses do fill up to max capacity, but not often. If you want first dibs, All-Star Sports has first the pick-up and drop-off.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Thanks !!! No worries then I will definately get up for the first bus!
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"

In my experience, every bus is fairly similar in terms of transit time, but there are exceptions.

One that I noticed over and over was Animal Kingdom Lodge shares a stop with Blizzard Beach, the Lodge itself has two internal stops, and, while it's close to Animal Kingdom, it's way out there with respect to the other parks...so you have to take that into account for that resort.

Carribean Beach has multiple stops, and both years I stayed there I noticed that bus times were inconsistent. I know the Port Orleans resorts do as well, but I don't know if it effects them the same way.

Pop and AoA, you can use either bus, and I did so regularly on my last trip. It's a very short walk across the bridge to get to and from either hotel.

All that being said, if you give yourself 30 - 45 minutes between your resort and your destination, you are normally ok. If it's something time sensitive, I'd give yourself an hour for good measure. If you are trying to get to one of the other resorts (for an ADR or something), you need to account time to get to a park and hop one of their busses (or the monorail) there.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

I think the surprise will be greatly appreciated and worth it.... Especially if you pick POFQ.... So much compact over POR.... And the bus stop there before POR....

We were just there , POFQ , first time but have visited there many a time...we're deluxe people but had a July trip planned with another couple that wanted to stay there and we were greatly impressed with the resort... all the building we close to the main and pool central to all...we were in building 5, second floor and it was 50 feet from the pool and just about the same from the food court.... Bus station close and all in all a great resort... Like the boat to DTD just to get away and take a quiet ride down the canal!

Tinker Britt... Have you gone... Any follow up? Trip report on your decision, please!

We have stayed at both. I agree with the All Star Sports they do have first pick up and drop off in the 3 resorts. Occasionally they will have separate buses for when the parks close and everyone is trying to get back to the hotel. POFQ was really nice, they have a hot tub and a pool with a slide if you are looking for those extras. Plus if you want to go to Downtown Disney you can take the ferry at POFQ too! But the buses are decent at either hotel. : )

The way I see is that no matter which resort you stay at the bus transportation is still a great option. Save gas and hassle of driving yourself. But there are some resorts where the transportation does seem like it's better. Just research and see if that will be a bad option for you or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy of ohio View Post
    Tinker Britt... Have you gone... Any follow up? Trip report on your decision, please!
    I've decided to just stay with the All-Star Music. I'll have a report on how it went after I go in April. I saw that it's going to be the World Cheerleading Championship so I know it will be crowded but hopefully not too bad. Hopefully they will be practicing more than they go to the parks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Britt View Post

I've decided to just stay with the All-Star Music. I'll have a report on how it went after I go in April. I saw that it's going to be the World Cheerleading Championship so I know it will be crowded but hopefully not too bad. Hopefully they will be practicing more than they go to the parks lol.
    I was there during the cheerleading championship last a while back and although there are a lot more people at resort the buses were the same as always with no delay. Normally the crowds don't go to the parks when everyone else goes due to the activities they have. I think it should be fine.

Just don't stay near the pools!
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    Just don't stay near the pools!
    Very true. It's crazy that Disney charges extra now for the rooms nea facing the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa

Very true. It's crazy that Disney charges extra now for the rooms nea facing the pool.

Well, I am sure it's because of people like me when booking my stay at Pop...I thought it would be a good idea! And the price difference wasn't all that much. Boy, was I wrong.
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

I requested rooms when I did early online check in. I requested either the Rock Rooms or the Broadway. Those should be better than by the pool I hope!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast