Tips for people from the other side of the world!

Tips for people from the other side of the world!

So I'm heading to WDW in 8 days time from Australia and I'm sure it won't be my last trip and although this trip is all booked I'm curious if anyone else from Australia (or from somewhere a long way away from WDW) has any tips on booking a trip to WDW?

My biggest tip is do your research! Talk Disney has been fantastic as I have been able to read real people's reviews on parks, hotels and restaurants. It has given me some fantastic ideas and explained a lot of things to me like ADR's, pin trading and the dinning plan.

I did a search and couldn't find a thread about booking from so far away (I hope I didn't miss one and that I have put it in the right section)!

I know when I first started planning our trip I didn't know where to go for information at first and I'm sure I'm not the only person!
    AusDisneyFan

Hi AusDisneyFan, first have a ball (and how can you not?). I'm from Ireland (a mere 4000 miles from WDW), at best half your distance but still our trips to WDW are at best once per year. As for tips, 2 questions: how long is your trip? And where are you staying?

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

Re: Tips for people from the other side of the world!

Staying at the Dolphin for 2 weeks!
    AusDisneyFan

First off, great location. We stayed at the Beach Club in July. The boats make for a quick and very pleasant way to get to both Epcot and HS. Easy access also to Boardwalk. Good fun entertainment here with the street performers. We also had the best meal of our trip in Kouzzina. Didn't find any problems with bus transportation to the other parks. If going to any morning EMH join the bus line for that park early, because it will be busy

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

Thanks! The tip about getting to the bus early will be especially useful!
    AusDisneyFan