Vacation Journal Questionnaire

Vacation Journal Questionnaire

I Am getting ready for a trip to DW in 2 weeks and I have been thinking about this idea since my last trip. Reading all these trip reports and seeing other creative ways to capture/remember the vacation has really inspired me to actually make this idea happen.

Anyway I wanted to come up with a "top 10" list/questions that I will use for our family moving forward. Basically after each trip we will all write our answers to the questions to put into a scrap book or photo album/ digital album book or whatever technology has in store for us in the future. It would be an interesting way to see how your likes change over the years (or don't change)

Has anyone done something similar I also like the idea of having a general trip report and "trip stats" where you stayed, how long, price of travel/room/park tickets/ meal plan etc.

So if you were going to have a top 10 questionnaire type thing - what would you ask? Trying to be a little creative but not so much that a child would not understand what is being asked. I have some ideas but I think that this group of TD members may be able to take it to the next level.

Thanks for your input.

Re: Vacation Journal Questionnaire

Hrm...that's a tough question. I mean, of course there are obvious answers, like "What was your favorite ride?" and "What was your favorite restaurant?"...

But, I'm sure you've already run through those...

Maybe if you posted a list of what you already had as a rough draft it would be easier to brainstorm some unique ideas?
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

my dd5 always says best day ever! so we put that under her page and she put pictures from her disposable camera that she took and mom and dads of the best part of her trip! Also we do Favorite Family moments! Favorite things we saw, and general what made this trip special with each person putting they're own mix into it! Happy Memory making!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg
    Hrm...that's a tough question. I mean, of course there are obvious answers, like "What was your favorite ride?" and "What was your favorite restaurant?"...

But, I'm sure you've already run through those...

Maybe if you posted a list of what you already had as a rough draft it would be easier to brainstorm some unique ideas?
    Exactly - I did come up with 10 but I thought there is no true creativity. I am good with a few standard but wanted maybe 2 or 3 unique or inspiring questions.

Here is my current list:

Top 10
    Favorite park
    Overall favorite attraction
    Least favorite thing overall
    Favorite attraction or show at each park
    Favorite thing to do at hotel
    Favorite character(s)
    Favorite Pin or Souvenir
    Favorite snack
    Favorite meal
    Most memorable moment

Elgin, IL (a suburb about 40 miles outside Chicago)
    If you are into hidden mickeys, could point out most unique hidden Mickey (complete with picture of it and location where found).
    ** If you can DREAM it, you can DO it. - Walt Disney **

Maybe as an extra... What do you wish/ hope for next time?
    Then on your next trip you can make an effort to make that happen.
    Last edited by i heart disney3; 09-06-2012 at 11:36 PM.

I love both of your suggestions

- a few theme pages (such as a hidden Mickey page) will be a really nice addition to the book.

- love the idea of what do you want to do next time.

Thanks for your input.

Glad you like the idea! Let's face it, isn't that the first thing we all do as soon as we leave.... start thinking about the next trip?

The more I think about your idea, the more I wish I'd done that on my last 3 trips with my kid (we did sortof, but it was discussions during and after the trip, nothing I transcribed though...and memories fail, but paper diaries / scrapbooks / video / etc fails less...gonna steal...er...borrow...your idea for my next trip, if you don't mind.

Here are my suggestions as of now...

Did you enjoy the trip? (silly question, but the reaction videos/audios should be fantastic...good last night back home fodder for the home video collection)

Favorite memory / experience (record their response if they are kids using a voice recorder of some sort, as they will ramble if young)

What did you want to do, but couldn't do, and why couldn't you do it? How did you feel about that?

Which character that you met was the best? Describe the experience.

What character would you have liked to meet, but missed or the character wasn't available? Why did it upset you?

What was your favorite park and why? (if the kids are old enough to distinguish...even at 7, nearly 8 and 3 visits, my kid still gets them mashed up. She doesn't understand why we can't do Space Mountain and then Rockin' Roller Coaster one right after another...still, might be interesting for you and Disney Daddy...assuming he's coming along...to record this each trip)

What was your WORST memory? (this I think is huge, as you'll find your kids will complain about the funniest things)

What would you change if we went back?

Anyhow, those are my ideas...very vague...still feeling out your concept. I LOVE it though!

If you don't mind, if you do this, can you please share some of the results? I find the concept quite unique.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA