Booking early
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booking early

Booking early

Have a question. My family is planning on booking early (like there's 440 days til our trip). So obviously we can't book our flights yet. How difficult is it to book the hotel and DDP and then add flight later? I'm just afraid of screwing it up. Also do you have to pay a separate deposit once you add flights?

Any help is much appreciated!

Once you've paid your initial deposit, you're set. Any changes that need to be made can be adjusted when you talk to the people on the phone. It's pretty simple.

Re: Booking early

Quote Originally Posted by That's So Raven View Post
    Once you've paid your initial deposit, you're set. Any changes that need to be made can be adjusted when you talk to the people on the phone. It's pretty simple.
    Exactly. We booked our flight separately, and it was just a matter of calling them and adding the flight info. Very easy. No worries!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

In the past we have booked the room and dining with the minimum deposit required and have begun to make payments on the balance due before adding air fare to the package. If you book a package with air from the beginning you need to pay the deposit for the room plus the total amount for the air fare, by booking them separately you can pay down the price a little at a time until you have paid enough to Disney to cover the air fare and never have to come up with a large sum of money all at once! It's like a trip on lay-away!
    Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

We book oiur air ourselves and then call and have disney add it to the reservation general where you are so far out you can begin looking for airfare about 4-5 months out and get it dirt cheap yourself it is a better deal we have flown for about 99 each way for the last 3 yearts using southwest.com, Now that I have had back surgery the 21 hour drive won't do for me so this works out perfect its cheap and we arrive in orlando in about 2 1/2 hours. Have a magical time planning!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Thank you all very much for the help!
    Last question: do you guys know what the average temperature in November is? How should we be packing to plan and be prepared for the weather in Florida?

You can check out historical weather statistics at www.weather.com. Most guide books also give monthly stats on temperature and rain fall. It is hard to predict what the weather will be exactly this far out. We have been there in November and the weather was warm and humid. We didn't encounter any rain on that trip. We have been three times in early December and we have had all types of weather from being able to lounge around the pool to two freeze warnings (different trips). Hope that helps.

Just as kvannede mentioned, Florida weather in November is unpredictable. check the weather a couple of days before you go and that will give the best idea.
    The best advice i can give is to pack a couple of sweaters. In the evenings a sweater will most likely be needed. This has always been fine for me on our november trips and I wear shorts, sneakers, and tanks during the day.
    January and February are definitely cold so jean pants would also be needed for those months.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Me and my friend want to go after we graduate so the summer of 2015. When is the earliest that we can book this and are we even allowed to go by ourselves with no adult? We will both be 17. Also we want to stay at the polynesian but i know its really expenisve and ideas for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella14 View Post
    Me and my friend want to go after we graduate so the summer of 2015. When is the earliest that we can book this and are we even allowed to go by ourselves with no adult? We will both be 17. Also we want to stay at the polynesian but i know its really expenisve and ideas for us?
    If you live in the US, you won't be able to book a package of room and tickets until next summer when the packages are released. And since you will be 17, you will have to have someone 18 or older with you for the trip. Polynesian is expensive, since I don't know your budget and you have some time before the trip I would start saving money like crazy! It may seem hard but if you really want to do it, it'll be easy!

As of right now, you'll only need $200 to book a package and the rest is due 45 days prior which could change by next year but I would say you should have as much as you can saved by the time you book so you are just saving for extras after you book! Good Luck!

Thank you @dsyplanninmomma and even if we can fly by ourselves were not allowed to go to disney? I mean what if we just say one of us is older i know thats against the law but this our best friend trip together. And anyway that you for all the information

And also the only reason why i thought polynesian woukd be cool is cuz its her firsy time in disney and she loves hawaiian stuff. She also loves animals and the little mermaid so the animal kingdo lodge and art of animation are also options

Thank you @dsyplanninmomma and even if we can fly by ourselves were not allowed to go to disney? I mean what if we just say one of us is older i know thats against the law but this our best friend trip together. And anyway that you for all the information
    I think what she was trying to say us that you cannot book a hotel room unless you are 18 or older. Some places it's 21 or older.
    I'm pretty sure you can fly. And you can go to Disney, but in order to book a room you have to be 18 and you need a valid I.D. and a credit card, so there's no getting past that.
    Last edited by meghm; 06-03-2013 at 05:23 PM.

They ask for your license to verify everything when checking in and will check your age.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

Hmmmm ok thank you so much for all of this information! One last question. what about disney cruises is it the same age policy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast