Wheelchair info.
    Hey guys! I'll be arriving at the happiest place on earth in 8 days. However, my grandma has been having horrible leg pains. If it should come to us getting her a wheelchair, what do we need to know about renting one? About how much does it cost to rent one for the day? Are they manual, electric, or do they have both? Also, how would we go about getting on a ride/getting into shows and watching parades with her in one? Any other info. on renting a wheelchair would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Disney_Lover_15; 09-07-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Lover_15
    Hey guys! I'll be arriving at the happiest place on earth in 8 days. However, my grandma has been having horrible leg pains. If it should come to us getting her a wheelchair, what do we need to know about renting one? About how much does it cost to rent one for the day? Are they manual, electric, or do they have both? Also, how would we go about getting on a ride/getting into shows and watching parades with her in one? Any other info. on renting a wheelchair would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
    They have both for rental. There's also offsite companies that do it, if she'd like a scooter. Walker Rental springs to mind. (google walker rental Disney for their info).

Also don't forget to stop be guest services and pick up a Guest Assistance Card.

If she can't stand at all, you'll want a wheelchair sized vehicle for rides. Many rides have special cars for this. If she can, even if it's only for short periods, the scooter is probably the way to go.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA