Disney Buses or driving?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Disney Buses or driving?

I would like to know why you like the Disney buses or driving better. Are the buses too cramped? Is the car atmosphere just not as magical?
    -Minnie E. Mouse

Re: Disney Buses or driving?

Definitely driving (I feel the buses can take too long. Plus at park close, they get VERY crowded).
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

I think it depends on when your going ? If your going durning a busy season they I would take my car to the parks cause those buses can get crowded. Also when ever the park closes and open is when the buses are most crowded.

I, personally, like the busses better. We had not tried a car until last year on our last day. We decided it would be better for us if we drove to the park and then left from there. We found driving a car to be more of a hassle, at least at the MK, because we had to park then take the tram, mostly because we didn't know how to get to the ferry/monorail from where we parked, abs then had to take the ferry or monorail from there whereas the bus would take us straight to Te front of the park. We might have just had a bad experience, but we are never in a hurry so don't mind the busses that much. We would rather have the bus take us where we need to go, not have to worry about traffic and everything else.
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

I never get the "we're not in a rush" thing. We go to WDW to enjoy the parks and other attractions so we certainly don't want to waste time unnecessarily on busses.

The bus vs car question crops up a lot on TD though and always splits opinion.

I completely agree about MK. The busses are a lot quicker. Having said that, missing out on the monorail is unthinkable for us! It's archetypal Disney!!

As for the other parks, we find the car is quicker every time.

More importantly, we find the car far more relaxing. Firstly, it's just us - no sweaty or smelly bodies crammed against us and no screaming kids yelling. We just get comfy, put the radio on (has to be WMMO - classic rock!), drop the roof and head off with the breeze in our hair.

Plus there's no waiting for busses - we just jump in and go.

I can appreciate some people like not having to drive but for us, it's great as it's very different from driving in the UK - and of course your gas is dirt-cheap compared to ours! I drive a lot for work but still look forward to driving at WDW.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

buses are fun. but at the end of the day it does get packed or early in mornings. and you ca. go to the room anytime with the bus.
    I was small when we went these years
    '90,'91,92,93,94,'95,'96,'97
    I was 8 years old when i start remebering more
    98',99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10
    im 21 now in 2011 me and my wife start going alone.
    ,'11,'11,12

Personally i am all about riding the buses at Disney. I like being able to get to the airport and then never worry about driving again. Yes it does get cramped now and again but I dont have to worry about where I parked or how to drive around WDW or even worry about getting gas. If I had to vote i would vote for the buses any day of the week.
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps
    Personally i am all about riding the buses at Disney. I like being able to get to the airport and then never worry about driving again. Yes it does get cramped now and again but I dont have to worry about where I parked or how to drive around WDW or even worry about getting gas. If I had to vote i would vote for the buses any day of the week.
    Ditto for me.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps
    ...but I dont have to worry about where I parked
    Quick tip for the drivers on that one. As you're walking away from your car, take a quick photo of the sign at the end of the row so you don't have to remember where you parked.
    Just a dream away!

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Dreamer
    and you ca. go to the room anytime with the bus.
    Not sure I understand that. You can go to your room at any time with a car too. We do it all the time.

???
    Just a dream away!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster

Quick tip for the drivers on that one. As you're walking away from your car, take a quick photo of the sign at the end of the row so you don't have to remember where you parked.
    Great idea!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    I have seen that in the parking lot but one of the other reasons I dont drive is Im from Iowa so its a 24/26 hr drive to go to disney so i always just fly
    -Coach Alec S

The Disney buses are good but I think they struggle with the sheer amounts of people nowadays.
    I get frustrated with them especially after park close,always packed.
    I prefer to have a car it's more convenient but having to catch the buses wouldn't put me off going.
    I like catching them though when it's not crazy there's still something cool about the Disney buses and of coarse I like the monorail.

My vote goes for buses. We all like riding the Mickey buses. To us it just part of the magic. It really is a nice fleet.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

We only use buses in the evenings or during the day when we know we'll have a drink with a meal (or without!).

What annoys me is places like the Boardwalk. It's billed as a night-time entertainment area and yet you can't get a bus from there back to your resort.

You have to go via DTD and the bus service there is farcical! It's complete chaos with no clear queuing system and a free-for-all whenever the buses turn up.
    Just a dream away!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast