Disney Buses or driving? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydisfan79
    I've used the buses on every WDW trip I've taken and I have no complaints. I especially love the "Magical Express" trip to and from the airport, which is, amazingly, free.
    The fact that I live in California and have to drive constantly in often stressful conditions adds to me wanting to have my transportation provided for on my vacation.
    I live in Atlanta, rated in the top 5 worst places to drive in the Us, along with LA, so, completely get that sentiment!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Busses because its free transportation if your at a Disney resort!

Minnesota but I want to move to California close to Disneyland soon.
    I love magical express, but the buses from resorts to parks drive me nuts.
    All you dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them!

I love the feel of the magical express and it is a very nice service that Disney provides!
    However, for our family the downfall is how early you have to leave Disney to head to the airport for your flight home. We would rather drive to the airport and spend more time in Disney instead of 3 hours at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbagirl81 View Post
    I love the feel of the magical express and it is a very nice service that Disney provides!
    However, for our family the downfall is how early you have to leave Disney to head to the airport for your flight home. We would rather drive to the airport and spend more time in Disney instead of 3 hours at the airport.
    I have to leave my resort at 4 am for a 7:30 am flight. That was not fun. But I love not having to worry about driving while at Disney.
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps

I have to leave my resort at 4 am for a 7:30 am flight. That was not fun. But I love not having to worry about driving while at Disney.
    Totally get that!

Quote Originally Posted by Simbagirl81
    Isn't 3 hours a decent trade for the amount of money, parking fees and worry that come with a rental car though?
    By the way, it isn't a 3 hour difference, is it? It does take some time to drive to the airport and check in the car.

For us Brits who fly with Virgin and rent a car, we can check in for the flight at DTD first thing in the morning, spend the day in the parks then drive to the airport to be at the gate an hour before the flight.

Handing the rental car back only takes a minute or two so the whole process is brilliant.

It allows us to maximise every second of our last day.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster
    For us Brits who fly with Virgin and rent a car, we can check in for the flight at DTD first thing in the morning, spend the day in the parks then drive to the airport to be at the gate an hour before the flight.

Handing the rental car back only takes a minute or two so the whole process is brilliant.

It allows us to maximise every second of our last day.
    That sounds like a great system, but you still have to pay the rental car fee, pay to park at the park for the day and drive to the airport. For me, the money savings of taking Magical express outweigh the extra hour or hour and 1/2 it takes.
    When I decide to include Universal Studios and other Orlando destinations in my trip, I will rent the car.

Re: Disney Buses or driving?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydisfan79 View Post
    That sounds like a great system, but you still have to pay the rental car fee, pay to park at the park for the day and drive to the airport. For me, the money savings of taking Magical express outweigh the extra hour or hour and 1/2 it takes.
    When I decide to include Universal Studios and other Orlando destinations in my trip, I will rent the car.
    Parking at the parks (and all other WDW areas) is free as we stay at a WDW resort.

Our package also includes car rental although we always upgrade to a convertible and upgrade the insurance to cover all liabilities etc.

We get out and about in Orlando a lot too (non Disney parks, malls, restaurants etc) so I'd rather pay the extra for the car and enjoy the greater freedom it brings us - but that's just us.

Different strokes for different folks!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster

Parking at the parks (and all other WDW areas) is free as we stay at a WDW resort.

Our package also includes car rental although we always upgrade to a convertible and upgrade the insurance to cover all liabilities etc.

We get out and about in Orlando a lot too (non Disney parks, malls, restaurants etc) so I'd rather pay the extra for the car and enjoy the greater freedom it brings us - but that's just us.

Different strokes for different folks!!
    That makes sense! I stand corrected.

Winkster's situation is more like mine as well. We are pass holders so our parking is free and we go to other attractions outside of Disney. We have also gotten really good at finding very cheap car rentals either through a flight/ car combo, or Priceline. In the end, yes it totally does depend on your trip and your family!

Whenever we go, and when we arrive at the airport at Orlando, we always either get a driver to pick us up or a rental car. It's definitely worth it.

Im going to be using the buses also, is it really difficult getting from Disney to other parks and international drive ?? I've heard you need to change 3 times for universal from Disney..

Quote Originally Posted by Jadepansy459
    Im going to be using the buses also, is it really difficult getting from Disney to other parks and international drive ?? I've heard you need to change 3 times for universal from Disney..
    If you're talking about Universal Studios, I'm not sure if you can take Disney buses there. That would be a good question to ask Winkster, englanddg, or Curious Alice. I think that they have great answers to those types of questions.
    -Minnie E. Mouse

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast