Disney Buses or driving? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Disney Buses or driving?

On more than on occasion we left a park after closing time. We were the only ones on the bus. The driver was gracious enough to drop us off at our resort even though it was not on his route. So I would have to vote for the buss. Besides, after a day having fun in the parks, and it being dark , who wants to look for streets to get to your hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by rroussel View Post
    Besides, after a day having fun in the parks, and it being dark , who wants to look for streets to get to your hotel.
    I get that.

Luckily for us though, we know WDW very well so rarely get lost. On the odd occasions when we do miss a turning, we find the sign posting very good so easily get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadepansy459 View Post
    Im going to be using the buses also, is it really difficult getting from Disney to other parks and international drive ?? I've heard you need to change 3 times for universal from Disney..
    I think you should find these posts helpful...

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/orl...l#.UMso6K6W_F8

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/orl...l#.UMsoUa6W_F8
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Sorry, messed up my post.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney
    Last edited by yankeesusa; 12-14-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    The Disney transportation does not leave Disney property. They go from resort to park and dtd to resort. Only bus that leaves is magical express which only goes to airport.

Like mentioned in other posts you can take shuttle services. Another thing is go to dtd and walk over to the hotels near there that aren't Disney resorts and take the city buses that stop in front. But you'll need to do research to see if they still do that. I did that with a group years ago. Either way the front desk at your Disney resort can help with the best ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie E. Mouse

If you're talking about Universal Studios, I'm not sure if you can take Disney buses there. That would be a good question to ask Winkster, englanddg, or Curious Alice. I think that they have great answers to those types of questions.
    You cannot take Disney transport to Universal. However, you can take the Mears shuttle or the Lynx. When you heard about having to do three transfers, that was the Lynx bus (Orlando public transit). Or, you could keep it simple and just hop a taxi.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

We used bus last year and sometimes as a disabled person using a scooter it could be a pain. Used a car s couple of days too and lined that. Renting a car from the airport next year and will probably use that more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie E. Mouse View Post
    I would like to know why you like the Disney buses or driving better. Are the buses too cramped? Is the car atmosphere just not as magical?
    I do think the buses, or any form of Disney transportation makes it feel more magical. The few times we've driven down or rented a car, it just didn't feel like we were on vacation when we were using our own transportation. We don't mind the crowds(at least not TOO much, after walking around all day, standing IS killer), that's just part of any Disney vacation for us

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post

Ditto for me.
    Ditto for me too. Just all part of the Disney experience. Even the crying babies and smelly sweaty bodies. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post

I couldn't agree more.

For me, there's nothing less magical than standing with tired and aching legs at the end of the day, wedged in, trying to hold myself up in a packed bus as we swing around corners, with the guy next to me's sweaty armpit next to my nose as he hangs onto the grab rail, and with kids screaming and bashing into me every 2 minutes as they kicks their legs.

For me, magic is dropping the roof, feeling the cool night air in my hair and listening to great music as we cruise home in comfort.

But that's just me!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! This has happened too many times to count!

I could see why people would want to drive but I love going on vacation to Disney knowing when I park at my hotel I won't have to drive again until we are heading home. It lets me relax more. Plus I feel waiting for a bus in the morning is part of what a Disney vacation is lol
    Tori

Quote Originally Posted by Tori1017 View Post
    Plus I feel waiting for a bus in the morning is part of what a Disney vacation is lol
    I think that's partly what irritates me about the busses. Not the actual waiting (although I do get impatient!) but the lack of order.

There's no queuing system at the resorts or at DTD so it's a free-for-all when the bus arrives. I find it very frustrating that you almost have to jostle to get on (when it's busy) as the people that turned up 15 minutes after you can (and often do) "push" to the front because there's no line to push to the front of!

Most people do have a sense of fairness but not all - and others don't even realise they're doing it as they get "vacation excitement blindness".

It's often said that the British love a good queue and I think it'd be much fairer if there was a queuing system like there is when you leave the parks. I know it wouldn't work though as there's lots of different busses but I hate the frustration of it all and don't find it at all relaxing.

And how can anyone prefer the MK bus when you get to ride the TTC tram AND the monorail when you drive?

Forget busses - the monorail is surely one of the top WDW experiences? Where else can you glide through the lobby of the Contemporary? What about the feeling of excitement as Cinderella Castle and Space Mountain loom into view while that familiar announcer's voice stirs up all kinds of emotions inside you?
    Just a dream away!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    I think that's partly what irritates me about the busses. Not the actual waiting (although I do get impatient!) but the lack of order.

There's no queuing system at the resorts or at DTD so it's a free-for-all when the bus arrives. I find it very frustrating that you almost have to jostle to get on (when it's busy) as the people that turned up 15 minutes after you can (and often do) "push" to the front because there's no line to push to the front of!

Most people do have a sense of fairness but not all - and others don't even realise they're doing it as they get "vacation excitement blindness".

It's often said that the British love a good queue and I think it'd be much fairer if there was a queuing system like there is when you leave the parks. I know it wouldn't work though as there's lots of different busses but I hate the frustration of it all and don't find it at all relaxing.

And how can anyone prefer the MK bus when you get to ride the TTC tram AND the monorail when you drive?

Forget busses - the monorail is surely one of the top WDW experiences? Where else can you glide through the lobby of the Contemporary? What about the feeling of excitement as Cinderella Castle and Space Mountain loom into view while that familiar announcer's voice stirs up all kinds of emotions inside you?
    Nit picky, I know, but I wanted to note, there is queuing at Pop Century and Art of Animation. <grin>

Still doesn't discount your post, I just wanted to toss that out there.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

I shall abandon POR and stay there then!

:-)
    Just a dream away!

All Star Movies had queuing systems last year too not sure if its a new thing Disney are doing to try and keep order at resort bus stops. Maybe they can try it at WWoS

The All Star Resorts also have a designated spot for each different park bus. Unlike CBR where all buses pick up the exact same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast