Pins!

Thread: Pins!

Pins!

Does anyone here trade pins? How many pins are you up too? Do you buy any certain pins (rides, characters, theme parks,etc...)
    It's the place that dreams come true for all

-Mason-

I trade pins in the parks when I have some spare,I like to check pins while am out n about round the parks.
    Been into them since about 06 when I bought Afew n then started working at Disney n it went outta control lol.
    I started with just buying my fave rides,characters etc then got into hidden mickeys,lanyard pins etc etc.
    Now I reckon I have hundreds :s
    So trying to cut down now lol...

Re: Pins!

I have only trades on one of my trips. I really like buying pins of rides or resorts i have started at. I have 90 pins and get more every time i go to WDW. I have spent to much one pins buy oh well haha
    -Coach Alec S

I moved this thread to Pin Collecting, where it will be better suited.

I collect, but I don't trade. So far I have 48 pins. 15 of them are Alice in Wonderland. I have a few Tinker Bells (mostly Tinker Bell behaving badly), a few villain pins, a bunch of Pixar pins, and several holiday and event pins.

A few trips ago, however, I accidentally bought an Alice pin that I already own. I could trade that one, but I keep forgetting to bring it with me to WDW.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

I trade. I've got about 100 pins, if I were to guess. 3 lanyards with ~15 - 20 pins each, and a pencil box full of "trading pins" (cheaper pins that I attach no special value to, for example, the "baby princess" pins that I have a ton of).

The kid has about 60 in her collection, again a guess, and another 30 or so on her trip lanyards. She's got a book full, plus 3 lanyards.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

we trade we buy pins in bulk on ebay right before trip and those since they are just really cheaper pins and not ones most people would want we trade those for the pins we want inside disney also we buy the ones we fall in love with some you will never find on a cm since noone would trade them. we have around 4 lanyards 1 with traders 3 we have hanging on her wall that she doesn't want to get rid of!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg
    I trade. I've got about 100 pins, if I were to guess. 3 lanyards with ~15 - 20 pins each, and a pencil box full of "trading pins" (cheaper pins that I attach no special value to, for example, the "baby princess" pins that I have a ton of).

The kid has about 60 in her collection, again a guess, and another 30 or so on her trip lanyards. She's got a book full, plus 3 lanyards.
    Wow! Sounds like you both have quite a collection. And I so wish we were at Disney the same time. I LOVE those baby Princess pins but I just can't see spending $30 for them. Would've been cool to meet a fellow TD'er and trade, haha.

Anyways., I've got about 75 pins. While at WDW I put the pins I'm willing to trade on a lanyard and wear that one for the day. If I trade and get a pin I want to keep, I switch it to a different lanyard when we get back to the room and put another tradable one on. I've only traded a couple times on my trip 2 weeks ago. I've started buying pins in bulk from websites such as EBay and Etsy. Then, if I see one I really want at the parks, I'll get it if I hadn't found it online. I only but a few at the parks though since I can get them cheap online. I've mostly been getting character pins lately. I had thought about getting ride pins last trip but I decided is got my memories of those rides so I'll just get character pins. At home I display them on a stretched canvas.

I have over 1,400 pins between my husband and i, lol I've been collecting since 1999 so i have a huge collection. I trade and buy in the parks. I love to collect Beauty and the Beast pins but they are super hard to find. I have some in books, some on cork boards, some framed, etc. they are all over the house. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

I like to trade pins when I'm in the park. It's a good time. I do have a certain type of pin that I collect. I collect the Disney Dreams Collection pins. They were only sold at Disneyland in a limited edition of 1000. Some of them are super hard to find. Out of the 24 pins, I have 18.

I collect pins. Lol I have yet to trade but haven't been to Disney since my pin obsession start in 2009. But I have about 60 something pins. Love to get more the moment I can.
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music