Thanksgiving Week - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanksgiving 2014 Walt Disney World

I am in the early stages of planning a Thanksgiving Walt Disney World trip for 8 adults and 2 kids (5 yr old girl & 6 yr old boy). Anybody else planning a trip then? Anybody have any good tips on where to reserve a place for Thanksgiving dinner? Thanks for any help way in advance.

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

Re: Thanksgiving Week

I've merged this thread into our existing Thanksgiving thread where hopefully you'll find the replies you're looking for.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Check out the decorations and restaurants at the Waldorf Astoria on Disney property,it's amazing, and they offer a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner! We stay there every time we to Walt Disney World! I can't wait till the Four Seasons opens next!
    Last edited by JWWIII; 10-11-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Thanksgiving Trip

My trip this year is November 26th to December 1st and it's the first time I'll be going during the holiday season. How are the crowds? I heard the decorations are amazing. Any tips ?

Re: Thanksgiving Trip

I'm sorry to tell you the crowds will be huge. But the decorations are fantastic. If the parks are too crazy, resort hop to see the decorations. My top recommendations:

Grand Floridian (Gorgeous huge tree, life-size gingerbread house)
    Wilderness Lodge (Gigantic tree, unique decor)
    Fort Wilderness (People go overboard decorating their campers...it's amazing!)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (Huge tree, African-themed ornaments and decor)
    Yacht Club (Cool miniature train set with various Disney buildings in the village)

As far as the parks are concerned, here are my favorite things:

Magic Kingdom: Make sure you get a spot directly in front of the castle, but not too close, to see the projected show before the fireworks.

Epcot: IllumiNations has special ending for the holidays that is HUGE! Also check out the Candlelight Processional.

Hollywood Studios: One of the best holiday displays ever...the Osborne Lights. It starts at sunset on the Streets of America. Don't miss it!

If you're not going to MVMCP, watch the fireworks on the Polynesian beach.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Decorations will be great. It will be crowded, but not as much as it would Christmas/New Years week. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite time to visit...great weather!

Very helpful information! Thanks so much!

Re: Thanksgiving Trip

Quote Originally Posted by jennaparkany View Post
    My trip this year is November 26th to December 1st and it's the first time I'll be going during the holiday season. How are the crowds? I heard the decorations are amazing. Any tips ?
    I've merged your question into our existing Thanksgiving thread so hopefully you'll find more answers now.
    Just a dream away!

Thanks giving in wdw

We are from England and are over for thanks giving any tips on were to go or eat for thanks giving in wdw ? Is there any special events on for thanks giving
    pop century march 22nd 2004
    santa fe hotel euro disney dec 21st 2004
    carraibean resort september 29th 2005
    disneyland hotel california 5th april 2007
    all star movies september 20th 2007
    disneyland hotel euro disney 20th dec 2007
    disneyland hotel euro disney 22nd dec 2008

Re: Thanks giving in wdw

I've never been to WDW on Thanksgiving, but I went to DL years ago. The crowds were ENORMOUS!!! I know Thanksgiving weekend is a super busy time for WDW.

That said, the first place that came to mind is Liberty Tree Tavern. That seems like the perfect place food- and atmosphere-wise.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

We have lots of info in our "Thanksgiving Week" thread so I've merged your question into it.
    Just a dream away!

Re: Thanks giving in wdw

Quote Originally Posted by yellowangel View Post
    We are from England and are over for thanks giving any tips on were to go or eat for thanks giving in wdw ? Is there any special events on for thanks giving
    It's not on Thanksgiving but Sat. the 29th the Candlelight Processional
    begins. We did it one year and thought it was a great program.

Thanksgiving

We are coming the week of Thanksgiving and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's going to be crazy busy?

Thanksgiving is definitely one of the busier times of the year. The days leading up may have lighter crowds but by Wed it will pick up. Either way it will be a great time just be ready for heavier crowds.

Re: Thanksgiving

Actually Thanksgiving isn't too bad. It's not wall to wall people like Christmas week. You should be just fine. Do as much as you can in the beginning of the week then when the crowds do pick up a little you will have your must do's done. Also, if you are staying on property, make the most of extra magic hours and night time hours. Crowds go down quite a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast