Calling all disney honeymoon veterans!

Red face Calling all disney honeymoon veterans!

Hi there everyone! I thought I'd create a post dedicated to booking of my honeymoon! I'm getting married in May of 2013, and we've decided to honeymoon at Disney! We just booked everything. We're staying in the Wilderness Lodge in a room with courtyard view. We also got hopper, fun and more tickets along with the dining plus meal plan. A couple questions for veteran Disney honeymooners. How difficult is it to balance time in the parks with time for other activities? Also any good restaurant suggestions? We ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern on our last trip and absolutely LOVED it! Thanks for all your help!

Firstly, congrats!! Exciting times for sure!

Secondly, I've moved this thread to our honeymoon forum where it is a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak
    How difficult is it to balance time in the parks with time for other activities? Also any good restaurant suggestions?
    I guess the planning issue depends on how long you are at WDW and what "other activities" you want to do.

Can you let us know what your plans are?

As for restaurants, what are your tastes and price range and what are you looking for in a restaurant? Romance, style of food, cost etc?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Congrats on your upcoming wdw honeymoon!

My suggestions for restaurants is California grill, alberts in GF and the poly for a sit down dinners.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Re: Calling all disney honeymoon veterans!

I'm a Disney honeymoon veteran. Check out my report here: http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/mis...l#.UG8dyo5DG2Q

I don't have a lot of experience with table service restaurants, but I do recommend Jiko. Let them know it's your honeymoon in advance and remind them when you check in.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

We'd like to be able to go to the parks, probably typhoon lagoon, some shopping time and still have some time to just hang at the resort. We have the disney dining plan plus and I really don't want any restaurants that will take up two credits.

I'd suggest the Rose & Crown.

Make your ADR for about an hour before IllumiNations and when you arrive, ask to wait for a lakeside table. The setting is perfect and very romatic - especially as the sun comes down and the torches are lit around the lake.

And then, you get THE perfect seat for IllumiNations!

My second recommendation for a romantic spot would be the San Angel Inn in Mexico at Epcot. Fantastically romantic setting!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

That sounds simply fantastic! Thank you!

Awesome! I spent my honeymoon in Disney too and loved it! We stayed 10 days at the Coronado Springs Resort. There is a restaurant in the resort... Aztec something i think. It is dark and romantic. I loved it! Also in DTD theres a restaurant called Paradiso that has great food and cocktails.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

I honeymooned there in May of 2011. It was wonderful. I was able to get one of the honeymoon rooms on the concierge floor. The staff there was fabulous. They even came outside and took photos of us by the "falls and creek" and also in the lobby by the fireplace. The best part is, there was a general public discount out, like the one that is currently out and I called to see if we could apply it. The CM on the phone said, I have never seen that room category available with a discount, then she went silent, and then said, "Well, you aren't going to believe this, but it is available!". We were so happy to snag that room with a 30% discount! So, give it a try, call and see if they have any honeymoon rooms available and if it is, see if you can get it with the discount.
    As far as eateries, we had our wedding night dinner at California Grill. But it is scheduled to be closed after Valentines Day through sometime this summer. Try Narcoossee's or Citricos or even Artist Point there in the lodge. Good Luck and Congratulations! Oh btw, I don't know where you are getting married....but we got married at Cocoa Beach. We checked into WL the day before our wedding, then drove to the beach, got married, then drove back to WL. When we returned, we were still in our wedding clothes, all the guests and staff applauded and congratulated us. It was very special!!! I know your time there will be special too.

I am only 19 but reading all these different experiences makes me want to get married at Disney world when I'm older ! Plus I can't help but smile when in the parks and I see a couple wearing those bride & groom ears very funny when you see a young child wearing them though lol ^.^
    Tori

Quote Originally Posted by Tori1017
    I am only 19 but reading all these different experiences makes me want to get married at Disney world when I'm older ! Plus I can't help but smile when in the parks and I see a couple wearing those bride & groom ears very funny when you see a young child wearing them though lol ^.^
    I got married a month after turning 19 still happily married

That is pretty awesome ! Nothing like true love
    Tori

Thanks for all of the wonderful responses!

Hey this is only liked second post here but my fiancé and I are getting married 10-26 and we are heading to Disney 11-2 till 11-16 is this a decent time to go? Also has anyone had flowers or anything waiting in there room when they arrive?

my first marriage, my wife and I stayed at the Contemporary Resort, and we had the "Gold Key Package" which was offered through the UAW. Everything was coverred, I only needed to sign the bill when the waiter or waitress brought it to the table. Only, table services were covered, but it was good to know I really didn't need to carry any cash. This was in 1982, I don't believe this is offered any longer. But all that aside, I really don't think you can find a better place to honeymoon. The service is unmatched, it is clean, comfortable, and the food is never disappointing.
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, The Disney Life for Me!
    The Montagna Family

D.V.C. members: home - Saratoga Springs