What makes a good trip report? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    Winkster and englanddg said pretty much everything I feel. But I'll say my piece anyway...

Break your report into paragraphs. When I see a giant chunk of text I usually don't read it.

Use proper grammar and punctuation. Do a spellcheck. Use capital letters correctly. I don't like when people type in all lower case.

When you're done, read through your report to make sure it reads well. Also, check for typos that spellcheck couldn't catch (e.g. "United States," not "Untied States"). I always let my DH read it before I post it.

As far as style goes, I agree that conversational is good. Throw in humorous anecdotes and/or funny observations.
    I dunno...depending on who you ask we may be the "Untied States"!

I was thinking about utilizing my phone more for the next run. There's lots of little quiet moments in the day (on the bus, for example, or waiting for a ride) where I think I may be able to squeeze in getting the meat of it written, so that way at night all I have to do is add some color, correct any flow issues in the text so there are clean transitions, proofread it quickly and attach whatever pictures I want from that day.

That sounds like it could work, but Im not sure that it will. I don't want to be at WDW with my face buried in a phone, so we will see.

Has anyone else tried anything like this? How did it work out for you?
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

For my self I think a good report is something that is easy to read and not super long. High points of your day. One thing I would like to know how the lines for rides. Are the waits good or bad. Are the crowds crazy? Help other people when they travel round that time.
    -Coach Alec S

We have a few members who are lucky enough to have trips coming up so I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

We all love reading trip reports so why not have a read of this before you write yours?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: What makes a good trip report?

Not sure how AusDisneyFan and I are gonna trip report and, and also not sure if I'm going to do a video for it. I normally like to do videos for trips...but considering I have a captive workforce (the kid) that's easy. :P

I suspect we will probably post together, or maybe alternate nights, or maybe not even try a live blog. We really haven't discussed it in much detail.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Trip reporting

Instead of just guessing, I would like to ask people what they want in a trip report. Lots of photos?, video?, production? Do people want to have rides explained or re-experienced. How about the balance between "oh wow" and critique? Please everyone with an opinion about it please share. If you have thoughts or examples that may hurt someones feelings, message me instead, I will not share or even hint at negatives, but for me, they are great examples. Feel free to critique mine when the time comes, I rather get better than feel good. I will be there for a fair amount of time and could put some effort in, if there seems to be a need.

Thanks everyone.

I enjoy seeing pictures.

Everyone has a different perspective on things and our picture taking reflects that. So I like to see how other people see things.

-sent with pixie dust from my iphone-
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

I love photos too! I love seeing the different places people take pictures by, and I love seeing picture of the restaurant and food!

I love photos and videos. I also love when people really make them personal. I just love trip reports period, cause it makes me feel like I'm at my fav place again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dis Knee View Post
    Instead of just guessing, I would like to ask people what they want in a trip report. Lots of photos?, video?, production? Do people want to have rides explained or re-experienced. How about the balance between "oh wow" and critique? Please everyone with an opinion about it please share. If you have thoughts or examples that may hurt someones feelings, message me instead, I will not share or even hint at negatives, but for me, they are great examples. Feel free to critique mine when the time comes, I rather get better than feel good. I will be there for a fair amount of time and could put some effort in, if there seems to be a need. Thanks everyone.
    To keep all the answers together, I've merged this thread into our existing one on the subject.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12