Emplyoment

Thread: Emplyoment

Emplyoment

Are there other ways of obtaining employment at WDW as a college student other than the college program

Quote Originally Posted by MRJIII
    Are there other ways of obtaining employment at WDW as a college student other than the college program
    Just go to casting at Disney World, it is across from Downtown Disney Marketplace. Not sure if you are wanting to work part-time or just during breaks but they have part-time and seasonal positions

I was trying to apply for awhile. I could never get any offers for full time but I got one for part time. If you get an interview, it has to be done in Florida or where whichever park you applied to. I'm pretty sure they don't put that anywhere on their website otherwise I wouldn't have bothered since I live in Illinois. Good luck!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma

Just go to casting at Disney World, it is across from Downtown Disney Marketplace. Not sure if you are wanting to work part-time or just during breaks but they have part-time and seasonal positions
    Is there an informational website about this topic? I live in NC so FL is quite a travel. Just lookin for more info on getting a part time job at WDW. (Looking into it before actually applying and moving)

Www.disneycareers.com is the best place to look. You set up a profile and apply from there
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    ~ Walt Disney

Can anyone tell me the best way to get a keeper or tech positions at Disney. They only things I ever get notification for is the internships for college students. I've been out of college for 4 years now and would love to work in AK. any advice?
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

Quote Originally Posted by OneLilSpark17 View Post
    Can anyone tell me the best way to get a keeper or tech positions at Disney. They only things I ever get notification for is the internships for college students. I've been out of college for 4 years now and would love to work in AK. any advice?
    Call Casting and talk to them. They are usually helpful but some special positions many times are filled by people that have done internships. DH has a Mechanical Engineering Degree and has tried getting a position at Disney but they have an internship for college students and many of them take the positions as they already have a "foot in the door"

Now one thing I have heard is that Disney cast members are not allowed to have tattoos. Is that true or is that they are not allowed to have tattoos that can not be easily covered up?
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps View Post
    Now one thing I have heard is that Disney cast members are not allowed to have tattoos. Is that true or is that they are not allowed to have tattoos that can not be easily covered up?
    Tattoos must be in areas that are covered by the uniform, or they must be able to be covered with make-up that blends in and makes them unnoticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh View Post

Tattoos must be in areas that are covered by the uniform, or they must be able to be covered with make-up that blends in and makes them unnoticeable.

That's what I thought but wanted to make sure
    -Coach Alec S

Re: Emplyoment

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma View Post
    Call Casting and talk to them. They are usually helpful but some special positions many times are filled by people that have done internships. DH has a Mechanical Engineering Degree and has tried getting a position at Disney but they have an internship for college students and many of them take the positions as they already have a "foot in the door"
    Thank you I will try to call and see what happens. Sadly I just can't go back to school right now because other wise I would be in a heart beat.
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

Quote Originally Posted by muppetlove View Post
    I was trying to apply for awhile. I could never get any offers for full time but I got one for part time. If you get an interview, it has to be done in Florida or where whichever park you applied to. I'm pretty sure they don't put that anywhere on their website otherwise I wouldn't have bothered since I live in Illinois. Good luck!
    Just a question...

Why would you think you could apply for a job and interview elsewhere in the country and not on site? Many people apply for jobs and then take a day or two to travel for an interview if the chance arises. Why would Disney be any different?

-HannahLeigh

Re: Emplyoment

True...though my best friend once had an interview for a job not in Flint, but the interview was at the headquarters, which was.
    If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!-Cogsworth