Cancelling trip
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelling trip

Cancelling trip

Have you ever cancelled a trip? and how does it work?

We have a planned in 4 days, but thanks to Sandy I don't think we can go. I'm trying to see how long I have before I give up all hope of going.

Hope you still can go, sending pixiedust your way

Good luck with everything xx
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Good luck Tammy. Hope you don't have to cancel your trip. Sending pixie dust your way!
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Had to cancel a trip about a week in advance 5 years ago due to serious illness. This is where that optional trip insurance was a life saver! I don't remember all of the details, but just contacted Disney travel and a short time later, all of the funds were refunded, less the insurance and maybe $200. Very simple. The airline, on the other hand, was a bit more difficult. Did finally work things out with them though.

I am going to assume you are talking about canceling a DVC reservation. So in that case I would just call and talk to member services, they I am sure will work with you! It may require you to use those points by a certain time but its better than loosing them.

Re: Cancelling trip

As long as your cancel your DVC 48hours before arriving your get your points back and they refund any money you have spent on tickets. However, if you are not DVC I am sure they can still refund you since I assume you are cancelling due to Hurricane Sandy I think they have circumstances the beat they're everyday normal cancellation policys for such things like this happening.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Tammy, what part of Jersey are you in? I am in Burlington. I hope you are able to go and get out of here for a while. Our trip is in 2 weeks and I am concerned about the gas prices. Wishing our trip was now so we could get out before they have a chance to raise them. Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by JennSpencer
    Tammy, what part of Jersey are you in? I am in Burlington. I hope you are able to go and get out of here for a while. Our trip is in 2 weeks and I am concerned about the gas prices. Wishing our trip was now so we could get out before they have a chance to raise them. Good luck to you!
    We are Oradell. The town is just a mess! I'm trying to stay hopeful that we can go. My hubby won't go if we don't have power.

Thanks everyone!! I talk to Disney this morning they said because of Sandy we have until 7 tomorrow night to decide. So I'm hoping the power is back and we can fly away on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy L Thorn View Post
    Thanks everyone!! I talk to Disney this morning they said because of Sandy we have until 7 tomorrow night to decide. So I'm hoping the power is back and we can fly away on Saturday!
    Hope things work out for you!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

I can understand not wanting to leave until things are back up and running. Take care and if you can't go now, I hope you can rescheduel real soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy L Thorn
    I'm keeping everything crossed for you
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Thank you so much everyone! I finally talked hubby into going!! Things here are starting to get bad and told him we already spent the money and it would be better for the kids. So tomorrow are this time we will be in the air!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy L Thorn View Post
    Thank you so much everyone! I finally talked hubby into going!! Things here are starting to get bad and told him we already spent the money and it would be better for the kids. So tomorrow are this time we will be in the air!
    Glad to hear you are still going. Hopefully everything will settle down around home while you're away. Have fun!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Great news Tammy! Have a magical time.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast