How many days to spend
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    How many days to spend

    We are to WDW for the first time with a 5 yr old and a 6 month old. We are going for 2 weeks and wanted visit all 4 disney parks as well as seaworld and universal studios. How many days should we spend at each park in order to be able to do all the rides and shows. Any advice would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Waukee, Iowa
    Posts
    758
    I personal would only spend my time at Disney. Went to seaworld once before and didn't like it. If you are going 2 weeks (14 days) I would break it up like so.

    First 4 days at each of the Disney Parks. I would not rush my self tho I have time to come back. If I was you I would take day 5 to go to downtown disney, seaworld, or a disney water park. Days 6-9 I would repeat and go to each park again. Then day 10 some where else. On days 11, 12, and 13 I would go to Mk, Epcot and Hs. I feel like these 3 are worth going a 3rd time. Animal kingdom is every easy to do in 1 day but if I had 2 weeks I would go twice.
    So to sum up I would do Magic kingdom 3 times, Epcot 3 times, Hollywood studios 3 times, Animal kingdom twice, Sea world once, water park once and hit downtown disney at night and when I get to disney and before I leave. Hope this helps out.
    -Coach Alec S

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Waukee, Iowa
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps
    I personal would only spend my time at Disney. Went to seaworld once before and didn't like it. If you are going 2 weeks (14 days) I would break it up like so.

    First 4 days at each of the Disney Parks. I would not rush my self tho I have time to come back. If I was you I would take day 5 to go to downtown disney, seaworld, or a disney water park. Days 6-9 I would repeat and go to each park again. Then day 10 some where else. On days 11, 12, and 13 I would go to Mk, Epcot and Hs. I feel like these 3 are worth going a 3rd time. Animal kingdom is every easy to do in 1 day but if I had 2 weeks I would go twice.
    So to sum up I would do Magic kingdom 3 times, Epcot 3 times, Hollywood studios 3 times, Animal kingdom twice, Sea world once, water park once and hit downtown disney at night and when I get to disney and before I leave. Hope this helps out.
    I did not see you are planing a day at universal as well. In that case I would do 2 days at each disney Parks, one for each seaworld and universal. That puts you at 10 days so you have 4 to relax. Go to downtown disney, water parks, hit some parks again, or what ever you want.
    -Coach Alec S

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183
    What time of year are you going? Crowd levels will have a big impact on what you can do.

    Tiredness will also be a big factor. I'm sure the kids will need lots of breaks to rope-drop to park close probably won't be happening.

    I'd suggest a day at Sea World, a day at each of the Universal parks and split the rest of your time between WDW and chilling out - pool time, shopping, mini golf etc. You'll need the down time to relax it it could just all get too much and ruin your trip.

    I'd build up to MK and Epcot. Both are big parks so break yourselves in gently with DHS and ignore the temptation to dive straight in with MK.

    When you do a long day at a big park, have a rest/pool morning afterwards and do a half park day the next day.

    I'd suggest two half days at DHS and AK, three days at MK and at least 2 days in Epcot.

    You can then spend the rest of your time popping in and out catching bits that you missed - and most importantly not overdoing it!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps

    I did not see you are planing a day at universal as well. In that case I would do 2 days at each disney Parks, one for each seaworld and universal. That puts you at 10 days so you have 4 to relax. Go to downtown disney, water parks, hit some parks again, or what ever you want.
    Thanks that helps.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkster
    What time of year are you going? Crowd levels will have a big impact on what you can do.

    Tiredness will also be a big factor. I'm sure the kids will need lots of breaks to rope-drop to park close probably won't be happening.

    I'd suggest a day at Sea World, a day at each of the Universal parks and split the rest of your time between WDW and chilling out - pool time, shopping, mini golf etc. You'll need the down time to relax it it could just all get too much and ruin your trip.

    I'd build up to MK and Epcot. Both are big parks so break yourselves in gently with DHS and ignore the temptation to dive straight in with MK.

    When you do a long day at a big park, have a rest/pool morning afterwards and do a half park day the next day.

    I'd suggest two half days at DHS and AK, three days at MK and at least 2 days in Epcot.

    You can then spend the rest of your time popping in and out catching bits that you missed - and most importantly not overdoing it!
    We are going Dec 9 - Dec 23 2012. Thanks for the advice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    10,183
    Hmm - in that case, I'd do more parks earlier on so you can back off as the crowds get more manic in the run up to Christmas.

    It might be more tiring at first but you'll get to see more before the big crowds arrive.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

    TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR


Similar Threads

  1. How would you spend $500?
    By Curious Alice in forum General Disney Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM
  2. How do you spend your evenings?
    By Winkster in forum General Planning
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 12:25 PM
  3. where should we spend our 1/2 day
    By twinkletoesmom in forum TD archives
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 01:08 PM
  4. How much will I spend
    By 1sttimer in forum TD archives
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 08:18 PM
  5. Where should I spend my birthday?
    By kida in forum TD archives
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 11:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP