Pin received in an email

Pin received in an email

I received an email from Disney World today with 2 pins. One for 35% off room only and the other pin for free dining. When I tried to access either pin to get more info about it, a form comes up asking for my last name and zip code. After I enter this information, I get a red message that reads, "please insert the last name that this email was sent to." Has anyone else had an issue like this? What did you do? I'm not sure what's going on, since the email was sent to my email address.

Yes! I had this problem. I had two other Families traveling with me but under my email. So it was sent to me but for one of them. I just called and they figured it out and I got the free dining. I would call soon though if you want to use one.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

Re: Pin received in an email

I have never gotten anything like this in an email and we travel to disney alot, Wonder if it is because we are DVC Members?
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2
    I have never gotten anything like this in an email and we travel to disney alot, Wonder if it is because we are DVC Members?
    I'd imagine so.

You wouldn't need 35% off a room! LOL!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I just received a pin as well but I would think its because we stayed at AoA in Sept. DVC doesn't get special offers like those since you wouldn't be likely to use them for yourself.

but we would because we go several times a year and with only a certain amount of points to use we do still book and pay also for our rooms

- - - Updated - - -

but we would because we go several times a year and with only a certain amount of points to use we do still book and pay also for our rooms
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmmm don't know then!

I got the same in the mail in postcard form, Addressed to my mother in law though. Than goodness she wante to go too, we just book 2 rooms at POFQ with free dining last week of January , so excited!
    SEPT'89 Contemporary, MAR'01 A.S. Sports, AUG'07 A.S. Sports, OCT'08 A.S. Sports, SEPT'09 POP Century,
    NOV'10 P O Riverside, JAN'12 POP Century,
    JAN'13 P O French Quarter, OCT'13 Art of Animation
    APR'14 Caribbean Beach, SEPT'14 Coronado Springs
    DEC'14 FW Cabins, OCT'15 Caribbean Beach

We booked a trip for my wife's grandmother and we got the email addressed to her. We got the red error message when we entered the pin. Like the previous commenter, they were able to work it out over the phone.

We have stayed at Disney about 12 times and we have never received any special offers in the mail or e-mail. We are going again this year Nov.3-18.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

I used to receive pin offers by email but once my email address changed, I stopped receiving them. I wonder how they decide who gets a pin offer. Maybe it is purely random.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

I received one in the ail for free dining in October which is when we are going but the week before and the week we are going to be there are black out dates almost felt like that was intentional as I didn't receive the offer till after I had been online and plugged in dates to see what the cost would be for our trip but did not actually book it.

The pins are chosen randomly and who to send it to. What they recommend is you sign up for everything so you have a better chance of getting a pin. Especially for things like the Disney cruise line dvd and Disney info dvd. The more lists your on the better. Annual passholders I don't think get as many pins because on the passholder section on the website their is almost always a discount that is like having a pin all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    The pins are chosen randomly and who to send it to. What they recommend is you sign up for everything so you have a better chance of getting a pin. Especially for things like the Disney cruise line dvd and Disney info dvd. The more lists your on the better. Annual passholders I don't think get as many pins because on the passholder section on the website their is almost always a discount that is like having a pin all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney
    Ooooo, you got my mind thinking. I recieve PINs for WDW all the time. I would love to get a PIN for Disney Cruise lines.

I guess being Dvc and already getting a discount we don't get these as in 6 years we have never gotten one