Mission: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
    Have you ever felt like standing on Main Street while it's snowing? Did you want to relax in Tomorrowland with hot chocolate and cookies? Well, here's your chance- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (or MVMCP)!

It is offered on select nights Nov/Dec (the 2012 party nights are Nov 9, 12, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29; Dec 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, and 21). The party runs 7pm-12am; however, with the party ticket you can get into the MK at 4pm (which is pretty awesome). And as not all attractions run during the party, this is an excellent time to go on the ones that will be closed after 7.

To me, must dos during the party include the parade, the fireworks, and seeing the castle show Celebrate the Season. I've found the 2nd parade is less crowded.

The parade is Christmas themed. All the regular characters are in holiday outfits/hats and scarves (like Mickey and Minnie, the Pooh characters, ect). There are lots of elves, toy soldiers (their unit is one of the more popular of the parade), Santa and his reindeer. The music is unique for the parade (so it is totally different from the day parade).

The castle show is really cute. Mickey gets Minnie a present (which is a ballerina), which leads to a few dance numbers from the Nutcracker. There are lots of holiday themed characters in the show (with a few holiday-themed dance numbers), including Frosty (to Frosty the Snowman), elves, teddy bears, and lots of dancers. As soon as I get home, I'll find a video to show

The fireworks are called Holiday Wishes. Like the HallowWishes, there are perimeter fireworks at the end (it's Wishes, but holiday themed).

Also, make sure to stop and get treats! Select locations will have hot chocolate, apple juice, cookies (chocolate chip and snickerdoodle), and apple slices.

If characters tickle your fancy, there will be lots of those too. From Santa on Main Street, to all the Cinderella characters in Fantasyland (Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the 3 Tremaines- it's a great time as they are a riot), to the 7 Dwarves in Frontierland. Be aware some will command long lines (especially the 7 Dwarves).

There are also 2 dance parties with characters- one in Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland, the other in Diamond Horseshoe in Liberty Square.

Finally- if anyone is into the new Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game, there is a special MVMCP card. It has the Prep and Landing characters on it, and is pretty cute
    Last edited by joanna71985; 11-23-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

Great report!

So what are the parades and show all about? Are they different from normal? And what about the fireworks? Is it a special show like Hallowishes at Halloween?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Mission: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    Great report!

So what are the parades and show all about? Are they different from normal? And what about the fireworks? Is it a special show like Hallowishes at Halloween?
    Sorry! I should have thought to include that (but I've been a little sleep-deprived lately).

The parade is Christmas themed. All the regular characters are in holiday outfits/hats and scarves (like Mickey and Minnie, the Pooh characters, ect). There are lots of elves, toy soldiers (their unit is one of the more popular of the parade), Santa and his reindeer. The music is unique for the parade (so it is totally different from the day parade).

The castle show is really cute. Mickey gets Minnie a present (which is a ballerina), which leads to a few dance numbers from the Nutcracker. There are lots of holiday themed characters in the show (with a few holiday-themed dance numbers), including Frosty (to Frosty the Snowman), elves, teddy bears, and lots of dancers. As soon as I get home, I'll find a video to show

The fireworks are called Holiday Wishes. Like the HallowWishes, there are perimeter fireworks at the end (it's Wishes, but holiday themed).
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

Oh wow! It sounds excellent. I want to go!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Awesome, I'll be there very soon!! Thanks for the great report.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    Oh wow! It sounds excellent. I want to go!!
    I think you would enjoy it. MVMCP is a lot of fun! I go every year

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Awesome, I'll be there very soon!! Thanks for the great report.
    Thank you! I hope you have a great time
    TD Moderator

I agree with Joanna, Winkster. It's expensive, but worth trying at least once. It just feels so special, and the perimeter fireworks are AMAZING! Especially standing on Main Street. It's so cool when they suddenly go off all around you.

I hope it's clear and chilly out when we go. It adds to the atmosphere.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Hello, this is my 1st ever post !! We have been to disney a few times before but we are going for 3 weeks in December over Christmas !!
    I'm just wondering, if you are in magic kingdom on a " very merry Christmas Day" do you have to leave early, and then have another ticket to get back in for the evening ?? Would love to see this event so just trying to understand what we would need to do !!!!!
    thankyou x

Yes, before very merry Christmas party begins they start weeding out and announcing that the party is for those who have bought the ticket at extra cost. I think it start at 7 or 6pm but you can enter mk at 4pm with your to ticket.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium