land, sea, air?

Thread: land, sea, air?

land, sea, air?

So I have had this thought running in my head. Disney has there own buses, own cruise line, a number of parks worldwide. When will Disney add airline to the list? Or team up with a airline. Personally I would love to fly with Disney. Maybe only fly to where the resorts are at or major cities. What are your thoughts about Disney Air?
    -Coach Alec S

Re: land, sea, air?

Delta was the official airline of WDW but that ended some years ago.

Here's an old newspaper article from the time:
    Sun Journal - Google News Archive Search

As for a Disney airline, I don't really see it happening as surely the number of flights and therefore planes that they require would be too small to make owning an airline viable? I know Virgin Atlantic only started off with one plane but that was with major expansion plans in mind.

If Disney are only flying guests to their parks, demand would be relatively static and relatively low compared to major airlines. Plus, where do they fly from? People come from all over the world to WDW and so what little demand their would be would be spread globally.

Still, maybe if it did happen, the planes might look like this...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AP3.jpg 
Views:	2598 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	6972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AP1.jpg 
Views:	1103 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	6973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AP2.jpg 
Views:	2510 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	6974
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Eh. How much more would a flight cost on a Disney airline rather than, say, Southwest? I mean, look how much more a Disney cruise is versus RC or Carnival...

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh
    Eh. How much more would a flight cost on a Disney airline rather than, say, Southwest? I mean, look how much more a Disney cruise is versus RC or Carnival...

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    I think it's not about the cost to the customer, it's the cost and lack of profitability to Disney that I would imagine is prohibitive.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I would love to see them put the Disney plane in the Backlot Tour to good use. I know it would need refurbishment and such since its been sitting there for years, but could you imagine seeing it fly through the sky? Or even better, riding it?! That would be fun. I don't really see an airline in Disney future. But then again, you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Lover_15 View Post
    I would love to see them put the Disney plane in the Backlot Tour to good use. I know it would need refurbishment and such since its been sitting there for years, but could you imagine seeing it fly through the sky? Or even better, riding it?! That would be fun. I don't really see an airline in Disney future. But then again, you never know
    If I remember right, the plane from the backlot tour was used by Walt in the early years of getting land for WDW.
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps

If I remember right, the plane from the backlot tour was used by Walt in the early years of getting land for WDW.
    Yeah, I think it's so cool to see every time we go on the ride.