How To Save For A Disney Trip

How To Save For A Disney Trip

Hi everyone. I have a trip coming up in 2014. I know it's still a good ways away but since I don't currently have a job and I'm just doing any odd job I can find, I need to be saving right now. My question is, what are some good ways to save money? I'm that type of person who if they have money, it burns a hole in their pocket. I'm looking for money saving tips that will help me not want to spend my money. And any savings deposit schedule or whatever you want to call it. I guess in just looking for any and all money saving tips. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Lover_15
    Hi everyone. I have a trip coming up in 2014. I know it's still a good ways away but since I don't currently have a job and I'm just doing any odd job I can find, I need to be saving right now. My question is, what are some good ways to save money? I'm that type of person who if they have money, it burns a hole in their pocket. I'm looking for money saving tips that will help me not want to spend my money. And any savings deposit schedule or whatever you want to call it. I guess in just looking for any and all money saving tips. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance!
    Saving money is simple...just don't spend it.

Now, that being said, here's my advice.

Set up an account for Disney Trips, and set an auto debit to pull money from your primary account into it, it can be a savings account, though I use a Money Market (Mutual Fund)

Then, discipline yourself to NEVER withdraw from that account unless its for a Disney trip.

Dropping a few dollars a month in that way will add up quickly.

Good luck!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Re: How To Save For A Disney Trip

I have a savings account for disney trips but also our local Walgreens (drug Store) sells disney gift cards so I save my change until I reach the 50.00 mark cash it in a buy a gift card as you can't spend those anywhere but disney so it stops you from using that money on anything else. In loose change this year we have gotten almost $1100 in cards for our trips for 2013
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2
    I have a savings account for disney trips but also our local Walgreens (drug Store) sells disney gift cards so I save my change until I reach the 50.00 mark cash it in a buy a gift card as you can't spend those anywhere but disney so it stops you from using that money on anything else. In loose change this year we have gotten almost $1100 in cards for our trips for 2013
    Thanks! I may do that, that would really help. Just a question, can you use Disney gift cards to pay for the trip or can you just spend them at Disney?