Visiting WDW in April

Visiting WDW in April

My daughters birthday is in April and I know a lot of people are on spring break during that time. Are the lines bad as far as wait times and what is the weather like? I would like to take her for her birthday but don't want to fight huge crowds either. Also we will have a 1 and a half month old as well. Any pointers would be great. : )

April is very nice but the two peak weeks can be high volume. you should be fine. I wouldnt worry. Have a magical time!
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Could you put her birthday at the start of the trip so that it has it as far into the month as possible. So if her bday is April 10th go from the 9th until 16th.

As far as a 1.5yr old...... We just tried letting her walk some, but stroller was usually the nap spot but it was also a pain as she didn't like being taken out of it and back in multiple times. So I sat out some rides and some we did a switch pass so DH and I both would get to ride with DS. That age is fun and difficult, just go with the flow!

Whatever you decide, tell them it's her bday when reserving each meal, when booking the WDW hotel, wear the bday button they give, and let them know at each meal.

I think my daughter had a cupcake and bday song at the end of each meal! . And at the confectionary in MK, right side beginning of main st, they gave her two choc covered marshmallows skewered on a Mickey straw, stickers here and there, etc!

April 2014

Hi,

We are booked for Disney Cruise on April 17-20th , I was thinking about adding a WDW trip April 9th - 17th and have never gone Spring Break time . We normally go late Jan. My question is how crowded is Spring Break ? I know its crowded but Easter is on the 20th, do you think lets say the 9-13th will be high crowds ? I know the week before Easter is crowded .My DH isn't much of a line waiter lol. How long are wait times for rides in high crowds . Has anyone been Spring Break and can you share your experience .
    Thanks so much ,
    Heather

It gets VERY busy. Your cruise will be very crowded as well. My friend is a cm and she hates working during the end up march to the end of April. Wait times can be just as long as summer if not worse.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

We're going to WDW in Jan 10-21, We just thought we may add an additional trip to our cruise, We have to sail the Spring Break dates on our cruise , were going with a huge family group , 26 to be exact. I'm not worried about the cruise being crowed , we've been on a full cruise ship before and it was doable. Some of our family are adding WDW trips to their cruise, we were just wondering if it would be a waste of money if we were waiting in line the whole time. Thanks so much for your input.
    Last edited by idreamofDisney; 07-26-2013 at 06:03 PM.

We always go in January due to low crowds. If I had other family going as well then I'd give it a try. I figure any Disney trip is a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

Re: Visiting WDW in April

Hello guys, on 2012 I went to WDW on April/May and it was VERY crowed. A lot of long lines, waiting times and HEAT! (And even for me that I live in Venezuela)
    Now I am going on April 2014 to WDW but I am planning to stay on the firsts days of April to avoid spring breakers....what do you think? (I read on internet that besides holy week, spring break for schools ends on march 31st)
    Thanks

Spring Break extends through April. The week of April 14 will be pretty bad. It should let up around April 29. (According to touringplans.com.)
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Spring Break extends through April. The week of April 14 will be pretty bad. It should let up around April 29. (According to touringplans.com.)
    I'm going to hope that it's not a 100% correct. But I'm also hopeful that my kids will be just glad to have the experience of it all and not be too upset about the huge lines. They are 3 (turning 4 while being there) and 6.