Food on a Budget

Red face Food on a Budget

I didn't include the dining plan on my next trip but my sisters and I will definately be on a budget so I've been compiling a list of places to grab lunch and dinner at in Walt Disney World that are budget friendly options.

Opinions on how these are would be great! Some of them I've eaten before but some I haven't. I don't expect much since they are the least expensive places to eat but I still would like ideas and opinions

All-Star Music Food Court for lunch and Earl of Sandwich for dinner on the first day
    Pinnochio's Villagehaus for lunch and Columbia Harbor House for dinner on the second day
    Electric Umbrella for lunch and La Cantina de San Angel for dinner on the third day
    Any ideas for best quick service lunch at Hollywood Studios? Probably going to Wolfgang Puck Express for Dinner
    Be Our Guest Restaurant for Lunch and Tony's Town Square for Dinner on the last day
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

Re: Food on a Budget

The Plaza in MK is priced reasonably and the food I've had was good. Just don't sit in the sun room (it's loud!). You have to make an ADR, though. Sleepy Hollow has waffle sandwiches. I've had the fresh fruit sandwich and it was yummy, but they also have chicken waffle sandwiches.

At DHS, go to Backlot Express for counter service food that is better than normal. And the theming is cool. Nice roasted veggie sandwich there. Starring Rolls is a good place for breakfast. I think they might have sandwiches there, too. Not sure.

You can do a lot better than Electric Umbrella at Epcot!!! Check out the QS restaurants in World Showcase for more interesting food. My favorite is Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. You can get fish & chips at the window in the UK and eat it inside the pub, if you can find a table. (We did this with Winkster and his SO when we met up in 2011.) Japan has a new QS restaurant, as does France. Italy has a wine bar (no ADR necessary) with sandwiches. It's a nice atmosphere, too.

If you really want to eat in Future World, you'd do better eating at The Land, where they have a food court with much better choices than Electric Umbrella.

Also, consider sharing meals with your sister. I used to do that with my friend before I was married. We'd split a big sandwich. Then if we were hungry later, we'd split a big pretzel or even a milkshake (you can ask for an extra cup).
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

A few other ideas would be to order a kids meal or split one adult meal and get a side with the meal and share. You can only order a kids meal at counter service restaurants. I did that on my last trip and it was enough food for me.

The new bakery in France at Epcot offers ham and cheese sandwiches and croissants. And they are under $5

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post

At DHS, go to Backlot Express for counter service food that is better than normal. And the theming is cool. Nice roasted veggie sandwich there. Starring Rolls is a good place for breakfast. I think they might have sandwiches there, too. Not sure.

You can do a lot better than Electric Umbrella at Epcot!!! Check out the QS restaurants in World Showcase for more interesting food. My favorite is Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. You can get fish & chips at the window in the UK and eat it inside the pub, if you can find a table. (We did this with Winkster and his SO when we met up in 2011.) Japan has a new QS restaurant, as does France. Italy has a wine bar (no ADR necessary) with sandwiches. It's a nice atmosphere, too.

Also, consider sharing meals with your sister. I used to do that with my friend before I was married. We'd split a big sandwich. Then if we were hungry later, we'd split a big pretzel or even a milkshake (you can ask for an extra cup).
    Thank you so much for the advice lol I probably need to take it haha Didn't look at the menus yet but I'm sure I could do much better than the Electric Umbrella...my sister suggested it hahaha she eats a lot of fried food and burgers but is thinner than me go figure. Yes I do think we could share too! That would help!
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"

So tonight I was planning again where to eat each day:

Day:
    1. Intermission Food Court and Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney After.
    2. Pinnochio Villagehaus and Columbia Harbor House at Magic Kingdom
    3. Boulangerie Patisserie, Flower and Garden Food Booths, and La Cantina de San Angel at Epcot
    4. Backlot Express at Hollywood Studios and Planet Hollywood After.
    5. Be Our Guest and Tony's Town Square at Magic Kingdom.

I haven't eaten at any of these since I was a kid and have never eaten at Be Our Guest since this will be the first time I go see the New Fantasyland and also the first time for the Flower and Garden Festival Food Booths.

I think now I would love to eat at the Food Booths for lunch at the Flower and Garden Festival. They are definately budget worthy and sound great. I was reading reviews on the Disney Food Blog
    Smokehouse BBQ
    Florida Fresh
    Cottage Savories
    Jardin de Fiestas
    Pineapple Promenade

These menus have great options that my sisters and I should enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Britt
    I think now I would love to eat at the Food Booths for lunch at the Flower and Garden Festival. They are definately budget worthy and sound great. I was reading reviews on the Disney Food Blog
    Smokehouse BBQ
    Florida Fresh
    Cottage Savories
    Jardin de Fiestas
    Pineapple Promenade

These menus have great options that my sisters and I should enjoy
    Remember that they will be sample size and not necessarily a lunch portion

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

We can double up and pick 2 Thanks for the info!