I'm going to be a CM! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: I'm going to be a CM!

Congrats on being accepted to the CP! I did custodial on my 3rd CP, and it was not bad at all (I worked in Epcot WS)

Quote Originally Posted by Skorsburn View Post
    Thank you everyone for reading, commenting and congratulating! And thank you HannahLeigh for the tips and explaining the role. I didn't realize that the water parks cost extra. Do you buy these at Company D? What was your role/ were your roles?

6.Do at least 10 different tours ( I have already done 2 and I'll need to decide if these count or not. Is that cheating?)
    As far as the water parks go, there are periods where CMs get free admission. Otherwise, you can get discounted tickets from Company D

And I don't think the 2 tours is cheating
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985

As far as the water parks go, there are periods where CMs get free admission. Otherwise, you can get discounted tickets from Company D
    I wasn't sure about the Water Park tickets, since I worked there, I got in free.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Yeah, there are times CMs can get in free. I've done it before, and it's quite nice
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

Congrats! You have a very important job. Wdw is known worldwide for its level of cleanliness and attention to detail. Also with you access to guests you have a huge role in making their visit magical. If you haven't started studying park maps I would begin I'm sure you will be asked a lot where certain things are,when parades start,etc. Congrats again and good luck!

Thank you for the info HannahLeigh and Joanna! And I see there are some new people (to my thread) so welcome and thank you! I really appreciate all the comments from everybody!

I am currently in the process of searching for a roommate, and I don think I like it. I really want to meet new people and everything, but I feel like it's a big deal and I'm afraid I'll not like my roommate or vice versa. (I'm really more afraid that they won't like me). Seven months is a long time to spend with someone you don't like. I'm also wondering if I would be enter off just showing up on check-in day and be randomly assigned to a room. I've heard it's about 50/50 either way if you will get along with the other person anyway. Any thoughts? I'm a little afraid to do this though because when I tried random roommates at school it didn't go so well.

I am getting ready to start on my packing/buying list. My lists are usually pretty long just for vacation, so I can't imagine how long this list will be!

We are also trying to figure out where we will stay before check-in. We might stay at a Disney resort. Dad has been checking into prices, and they might go to the parks while I'm busy on the 20th so we are looking at different options. I'm not sure if it will happen or not, but it would be nice!

One last update, my mom and I were going to go see The Lion King off Broadway in Nashville, but we were going to go on the 26th (at t tie I booked it, I thought I wouldn't have any trouble getting a later arrival date, if I got in at all, so I thought it would work). After I found out that I would be gone that weekend, I called and we are now going to the show on May 10th instead! So the weekend before I leave, we will be going to Nashville to see that! I'm so excited. I first saw this show when my class took a trip after 8th grade to NYC (an unofficial trip, but quite a few people went), and we saw the actual Broadway version. It was AMAZING! Mom and I also saw the off broadway version in Indy a few years ago and it was great too. That Sunday is also Mothers' Day, so that will be a great last weekend with my family.

And speaking of my family, I also want to add this little story (last thing I swear!). I live in the country, and next door to me is my aunt/uncle (I'm an only child and my cousins were like sisters to me), and next to them is my grandma/grandpa, so we are close and have been all my life. When I found out I got in I had called my mom and dad, and then posted it on Facebook. I didn't think anything about it, until my grandma commented (oops! I didn't call her!). Anyway, she said that she was happy for me because she knows I want this, but she is sad for her because she will miss me. AWWW! I cried when I read this. I was so sad! I ten went up to see her, and she hugged me,and she's not a hugger, and she told me that she was going to like my comment but she didn't really like it so she didn't. Oh my goodness. That is really going to be the hardest part for me, being away from the family (and my dog), especially being away from home on Christmas. It's going to be rough.

Anyway, thanks for reading all my ramblings!
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

For the entire time I was there I had a total of 17 different roommates. I lived in a few different apartments, but they move you when roommates finish their program. (Then i was offered to move into a UK family's vacation home for my Alumni program bc they over booked the college kids...and entire summer in a HOUSE away from the apartments, with our own pool in the backyard, it was amazing) Every one of us got along great...and this was a group of 6 or 8 19yr old girls living together at one time. And of all the friends I made while there, no one ever had any issue with roommates. You're all there for the same reason, you love Disney. It isn't stressful class and study time..

I saw my family very often while on my program. My parents bought Annual passes for themselves, my brother and his best friend. My mother came to see me 7 times while I was there and each trip was at least 5 days. That's something your parents may look into if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

I've done both (I did random roomates for 3 CPs, and picked my roomate for 3). I was lucky and had good roomates for all 6
    Last edited by joanna71985; 03-19-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    TD Moderator

Elgin, IL (a suburb about 40 miles outside Chicago)
    Congratulations so happy for you. My DD5 says when she goes to college she wants to work for Disney too.

So I am reading this post to her, she likes your bucket list.
    ** If you can DREAM it, you can DO it. - Walt Disney **

Thank you both for the roommate help! I'm still not exactly sure what I will do, but I'm a little more relaxed about it. I'm talking o one girl that I might live with, but I have decided if that doesn't work out, I will just go with a random roommate.

Quote Originally Posted by inumom2
    Congratulations so happy for you. My DD5 says when she goes to college she wants to work for Disney too.

So I am reading this post to her, she likes your bucket list.
    Oh my goodness I love this! I was an early childhood major and so I think this is the cutest thing. I love that she's already wanting to do the DCP! I'll try my best to update as much as I can while I'm there too so I hope she will like that.

I also got some bathroom stuff for my apartment today. I know it's early and most people wait until they get down there, but I saw a whole Minnie set that I had to have. There is a shower curtain, curtain hangers, bath mat, and they even had towels so I got a hand towel and a regular towel. I love it and think it's so cute! I'm also wanting to get a Disney bedspread, but I'm not sure what character I want. I actually have Minnie sheets right now, so I might get one that goes with them but I'm also looking at a few others.

I have officially started my packing list and shopping list so I'm hoping this will help me to not forget anything major. I figure, though, if I can't buy whatever I forget Mom and Dad can either send it to me or bring it with them when they come visit me. My list is pretty long already, but that doesn't surprise me because my list gets long for just a weekend trip.

Well, I was going to post a picture I took of my bathroom stuff but it is not letting me. I'll try on my phone and see if it ill let me add it there. If not, then I'll get on my computer later and add some other pictures with that one. Again, thanks for reading me ramble!

Edit: it is not working on my phone either, so it might be a few days before I can get some pics up. However, I think I will include some pics from Our last trip in Dec (I never got around to doing a TR).
    Last edited by Skorsburn; 03-24-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

That awesome. That was one of my dream jobs. Hope everything goes good.
    I was small when we went these years
    '90,'91,92,93,94,'95,'96,'97
    I was 8 years old when i start remebering more
    98',99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10
    im 21 now in 2011 me and my wife start going alone.
    ,'11,'11,12

Quote Originally Posted by Skorsburn
    Hello all! For those of you that haven't seen this yet, and I only found out I was accepted yesterday, I was accepted into the Disney College Program for Fall Advantage. I will be working Custodial, and I will be there from May 20 until January 3 so that means that I will be arriving in about 66 days. I am going to use this thread to talk about things that I am doing to get ready beforehand, and I will try to keep updating once I am there, but I am not sure how well that will go but I will try my best.

I tend to be more shy, especially on here, but I am going to give yall some background info on me and my journey with the DCP so far. I will also try to be myself as much as possible (part of my shyness is just me trying to be more prim and proper especially here) and so I will probably go off on some random things and ramble a little. I apologize in advance for this!

Anyway, see it's starting already, here is some of my background info about my experience so far with the program and applying. I applied for the DCP last September but I failed the web based interview (WBI), so I wasn't able to take part in it then. I graduated in December, and one of the rules is, surprisingly enough, that you must be enrolled in college courses. Well, luckily it can only be one class and so this semester I signed up for a photography class that I had been meaning to take but didn't have the time before. Because I failed the WBI last time, I had to wait 6 months before I could reapply, which meant I had to wait about 2 or 3 weeks after apps came out before I could apply. It was awful, but I tried to stay positive. I finally applied on March 7, and I passed the WBI this time around (WOO HOO!). Then I got the email to up for my phone interview time which I had Monday (like March 11) at 1:30. I usually have class on Mondays but this week is Spring Break for us, so I was so glad that I had the morning to prepare and stress out. My interviewer was extremely nice and helpful! I don't remember which question it was, but when I went to answer, I said something that I did not mean to say and then I couldn't think, so I apologized to her, and she was so nice, and told me that it was fine, and I just needed to relax and pretend like we were long lost friends. Oh goodness this helped me so much! At the end I had asked my questions and she said that if I get accepted that I would be getting a lot of info then, and if I don't get accepted to PLEEEEEEEASE apply again......ummmm so does that mean I did well and you think if I don't get it that it was just a fluke? Or does that mean that you are sorry that I did terribly and that I more than likely won't get it this time, but make sure I practice more and reapply next time? I was soooo stressed out before my interview but after words I felt like a huge weight had lifted off my shoulders. I had a mantra going this whole time that whatever happens, I did my best, and after the phone interview, there was nothing more I could do so why stress about it. My mom was questioning everything that the interviewer said, and was making me a little nervous (she was stressing more than I was!).

I was also making little vlogs this time around (more like a diary of how I'm feeling and what I'm going through) and I was in the process of making one yesterday just talking about how I at least wasn't NLIC (no longer in consideration) the day after my interview because I had heard that that had happened to some people (how awful!). When I was making this video I was just showing that on my iPhone I had set the Disney recruiting email address as a VIP, so I could get a notification when I received an email form them. Turns out that when I opened that mailbox folder, a new email popped up...from WDW recruiting. My reaction was priceless and I could not have possibly timed it any better. On my video I check the folder, and say that I got an email from Disney...and I think it says congratulations...then I opened it and I just burst into tears and for real wasn't breathing for like 5 minutes. lol. I am SO glad that I have that documented that way. It made it really special.

Ok...so this is becoming a little longer than I wanted, but I wanted y'all to get to know me a little and see how I got here. I will be posting more about little things I find out along the way, and might post my Disney bucket list. I have been making one, and now it can be a little more extravagant since I will be there for a little over 7 months! If anybody has any questions, comments, suggestions (about how I am writing this, things to do, places to go, whatever!) feel free to let me know! I am very excited to take part in the DCP, in case you couldn't tell, and to share it with everyone!
    Well congrats!

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading all about it!

Elgin, IL (a suburb about 40 miles outside Chicago)
    Just read your last update to my DD5, she votes for Minnie Mouse bedspread to go with the sheets.

Thanks for posting.
    ** If you can DREAM it, you can DO it. - Walt Disney **

For whatever reason, I decided to try to post my pictures again from my iPad and it worked this time! The first picture is my Minnie bathroom stuff and the others are from our last trip . Since I'm doing this on my iPad instead of my computer, I don't have all the pictures I was going to post from our last trip, but I do have a few on here.

I also wanted to tell y'all that we booked our hotel for before check in and we are actually staying on property and have park tickets for those 4 days that my parents will be there. So we will check into the Caribbean beach on Saturday and we are staying in a pirate room! I'm so excited! We will also catch the last two days of the Flower an Garden Festival, so I'm hoping to try the adult dole whip!

Edit...I thought I'd be able to post my pics and talk about them, but I can't figure out how. I will try to change it later, but I have pics from our last trip in December. Then, I put pics from the cruise my mom and I went on right after our WDW trip. I can't remember the order of my pics, but from the cruise I have pics of a gingerbread house that was on board, a gingerbread house that we made, the Queen's Staircase in Nassau, and pictures of Castaway Cay (the first two pics were taken at Serenity Bay and the two chairs were ones that we sat in, so I picture it in my head that those chairs are just waiting for us to return). The last picture is my mom and me at Animators Palette on our last night. our Server took our picture. He was great, as were our other wait staff. Everyone was so friendly, and I'm just waiting until i can go on another Disney cruise. It was a great trip!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-63511843.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	603.1 KB 
ID:	7129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1862528485.jpg 
Size:	720.5 KB 
ID:	7130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1473097178.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	431.4 KB 
ID:	7131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-846247520.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	7134   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2523273324.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	458.1 KB 
ID:	7133  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-4109689067.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	682.8 KB 
ID:	7135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3533030532.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	462.0 KB 
ID:	7136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-860496109.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	490.4 KB 
ID:	7137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-4105846933.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	564.0 KB 
ID:	7138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-61834093.jpg 
Size:	538.5 KB 
ID:	7139  

Name:	image-2280325538.jpg 
Size:	434.2 KB 
ID:	7140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2186737135.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	515.5 KB 
ID:	7141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1167372329.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	455.4 KB 
ID:	7142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1925483988.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	453.6 KB 
ID:	7143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1020338022.jpg 
Size:	446.6 KB 
ID:	7144  

Name:	image-3729398735.jpg 
Size:	421.0 KB 
ID:	7145  
    Last edited by Skorsburn; 03-26-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

Reading through your bucket list, one thing stuck out about Monster's Inc.

I WANNA BE THAT GUY!

In fact, this year I think I am going to wear a black t shirt with big white letters on it that say "that guy"! <kidding...or am I?>
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast