I'm going to be a CM! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by englanddg
    Reading through your bucket list, one thing stuck out about Monster's Inc.

I WANNA BE THAT GUY!

In fact, this year I think I am going to wear a black t shirt with big white letters on it that say "that guy"! <kidding...or am I?>
    This has inspired me to start a new thread.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg
    Reading through your bucket list, one thing stuck out about Monster's Inc.

I WANNA BE THAT GUY!

In fact, this year I think I am going to wear a black t shirt with big white letters on it that say "that guy"! <kidding...or am I?>
    YAY! That'd be awesome.
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

Re: I'm going to be a CM!

Quote Originally Posted by Skorsburn View Post
    YAY! That'd be awesome.
    I have seriously thought about it...this year will be the 4th year straight I've gone...

But, then I look at it from the perspective of the performers...and I don't want to steal the show! So, I probably would never do it. They do such a wonderful job!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Hey all! So it's been a little while, but I've been doing school stuff and cleaning and reorganizing my room, starting to get stuff together for the trip and so forth. Today my mom and I went shopping and I got some kitchen supplies like measuring spoons, cutting boards, and those kinds of things. I am starting to get a pile together in the basement of the stuff that I have as of right now.

The project I'm working on right now in my photography class is an autobiography assignment, and it needs to be one specific thing in your life, and have complex emotions. What better than my upcoming move to Fl and working at WDW? So I'm trying to look through all of my pics from previous trips to piece together my project. I'm trying to really sum up all of my feelings, like, the happiness of going to WDW, working there and making magic for the guests, but also the anxiousness and sadness of leaving home for the first time. I have one picture that's almost done of me in the foreground with Cinderella Castle in the background with fireworks going off. I'm trying to make the pictures pop with color and make them look as magical as possible. I'm just having a hard time making them look like how I have them pictured in my head.

This weekend, we took advantage of the fabulous weather and drove to Louisville and went to the zoo. It was a beautiful day, and besides the zoo being crowded, it was a great day to loo at some cool animals. Then we went o the mall, and they have a Disney store! Oh my goodness it has been so long since I have been to a Disney store that is not at WDW. we used to have one in or mall once upon a time, but it was closed because the mall was charging so much for rent so it couldn't stay open. . The store in Louisville looked just the one we used to have, so it brought back some memories for sure. Anyway...it was awesome! I got a really cute shirt, a Mater keychain, and a set of Minnie nail polish that was on sale and it was the last one I saw. Oooo I love it! I'm using it right now in fact (cause I'm typing this waiting for my nails to dry then I will apply another coat). They are now Rockin' Minnie which is really just silver. I was also able to talk to the CMs that worked there, because my dad insisted on telling each one he saw that I was going to be moving there, about WDW and the college program. It was great and I think I smiled the entire time I was in there.

I also thought I had a roommate, the whole thing was a little strange to me, and it didn't work out. Basically, I posted my roommate survey and had this girl message me. We started talking and ten exchanged phone numbers and started texting. I thought we were still deciding if we were going to like each other or whatever, but she added me on Facebook and wrote on my wall and said hey roomie. So I was lie, ok I guess we are rooming together. I wasn't sure if I would get along with her, but I figured it would be rude to say something. Well time went by and we had not talked which I found odd. Then, I see on our arrival date group she posted something about giving up on finding roommates and she ill just go random... Ummm ok. I found this weird because she was the one saying we were going to room together and then she did not directly tell me that we weren't. I'm not heartbroken because I honestly don't think we would have gotten along so I didn't say anything to her and I was saying the while time that if it didn't work out with her that I would probably go random. It seems 50/50 anyway from the stories I've read anyway.

So I guess that's it in a nut shell so far. Not too much going on, but I feel like it's been forever since I've posted anything. Thanks, yet again, to everyone that is reading and commenting. I find it amazing that you all are actually reading my ramblings an are taking the time to comment. I honestly thought that it would probably just be something that wouldn't really get read by anyone and it would be me talking to myself (I tend to think that I'm just a little fish in a HUGE ocean so my voice doesn't count and nobody really cares what I have to say). So thank you all.
    Last edited by Skorsburn; 04-08-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

Just be open-minded about roommates. After the first two weeks, I never really saw my roommates. We were always either at work or hanging out with work friends.

-HannahLeigh

That's an awesome bucket list! U are very lucky to be able to go there!
    i wish the best for u! can't wait to read all your updates

- - -

I don't think I'm alone in saying I find the whole process fascinating and I'm really glad your taking the time to post.

You're doing something that most of us will never get to do and I love that we can share your journey in a small way.

Please keep posting!!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

It's not too bad going random. I did, and I didn't see much of my roomates (except my 2nd CP, when 3 of us had the same location)
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

I really didn't have a choice of picking my roommate or random, and In some way I think it might be better that way. We were both equally as nervous as the other, and we did have the same work location. But we rarely saw our other apartment mates lol

Just noticed something you said..... Do they not fully stock the kitchens anymore? We did not have to bring anything for our kitchen that I remember, just food.

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma
    Just noticed something you said..... Do they not fully stock the kitchens anymore? We did not have to bring anything for our kitchen that I remember, just food.
    When you get into the apartment there should be a list of kitchen supplies for you to go through and check off what you have. If something is on the list but missing then inform housing and they will replace it. If there is something that isn't on the list but you want/need it, then you must purchase it yourself.

-HannahLeigh

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

I can't believe that I will be in Florida in one month. It is so crazy to me. I am really looking forward to it, but freaking out a little too. Like, every time I see a WDW commercial, I can't help but think, "wow! I'm going to live there!" And then right after that I think about the fact that ill be away from home. Ugh. I thought I was over Rapunzel Syndrome, but I guess in a way I will never be.

I also got some new hire paperwork, so I spent the night reading and signing all the needed paperwork. Whew! It was a lot, but I'm glad it's done.

I'm feeling a lot better about the roommate thing too, so thank you for that as well. I had it in my head that I would be around my roommate a lot more, and after y'all explained it, it made more sense that i would not be around them all that much. They are apparently doing something new with getting your apartment this year where it's all done online before you get there and then people won't start lining up at like 2am. I'm pretty excited about this because I was not looking forward to that wait, especially since check in doesn't start until 9. I wouldn't have shown up that early though, I was planning on 6ish but that still would have been a long time.

For the kitchen supplies, I've heard that some of the pans are not that great so I may be bringing some and my mom is using that as an excuse to get new ones. The other things I'm bringing I haven't seen that they supply, but I might have missed it somewhere. For the most part I'm going to bring a LOT of stuff and my parents will be taking the things I don't need back home with them.

My dad also went to Louisville for a meeting for work and got there early do he went to the Disney Store in the mall and got me a Duffy! Last time we were there I had mentioned that, after I got my discount I wanted to get one, but he went ahead and surprised me with one and he go a Buzz outfit for it. Buzz is his favorite character so he said this way it'll make me think of him.
    Last edited by Skorsburn; 04-18-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

I know how scary it seems to leave home the first time! I am sure you have heard it over and over from other people, but eventually you realize you are ok. Of course you still miss your family and the comfort of knowing they are right there but at the same time you are growing, exploring and meeting new people! You may even surprise yourself and find that sometimes you are so preoccupied that you forget to call your family for a few days. They will be proud of you and know that they raised a brave and I dependent child.
    Best of luck to you and I can't wait to read about your coming adventures!

About bringing your own kitchen stuff...just be aware that your roommates will use it too and may ruin some things. Some people have no regard for another person's belongings so be careful what you bring with you. And that's not just for kitchen things, but everything you bring.

And I just found out that a girl from my hometown was accepted and will be arriving in June.
    -HannahLeigh

This is so very interesting! I did not know much about the college program so I am enjoying everything I am learning here. Good luck with everything and look forward to more posts!

Love the bucket list, too!!
    No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorsburn View Post
    Thank you everyone for the kind words!

I can't believe that I will be in Florida in one month. It is so crazy to me. I am really looking forward to it, but freaking out a little too. Like, every time I see a WDW commercial, I can't help but think, "wow! I'm going to live there!" And then right after that I think about the fact that ill be away from home. Ugh. I thought I was over Rapunzel Syndrome, but I guess in a way I will never be.
    Believe me, I know the feeling. Before my first CP I had never lived away from home (I commuted to college), hadn't had a roomate in forever, wasn't the world's best cook, ect. It did get easier over time though
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast