I'm going to be a CM! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I just wanted to check in (I thought it was going to be just a short entry about what has been going in, but like when I start talking, I just kept writing so it's a lot longer than I thought it was going to be). I have been busy packing, and my grandpa went into the hospital last Sunday, so this week has been pretty crazy. He's doing better now, thank goodness, and will hopefully be moving into a rehab facility to get him walking again and get his strength up either today or tomorrow.

I am going to Nashville tonight with my mom to see The Lion King off Broadway which is exciting. We are leaving this afternoon and doing a little shopping and we are eating out before the show. I'm going to miss being a few hours drive from Nashville, I love it there.

I am leaving a week from today, and have a lot of packing to do. I am putting my stuff in boxes and so I'm making a list of what is in what box so it will, hopefully, be easier when it comes time to unpack. It will be weird taking two vehicles down, but I'm glad we will because I have a feeling I will be overpacking BIG time. I already have two boxes done and taped up, and 5 more that I can put more stuff in.

Oh, I don't remember if I talked about this earlier or not, but the process for check in has changed. This year is the first year for doing this, but I was sent an email a few days ago, where I had to sign in and put in my preferences for community, and apartment size and I could have added roommates. Since they are doing this online, everyone will be placed in an apartment before arrival, so we print out a "boarding pass" give it to them when I get there and get my key to move in, or that's how it sounds. There will be no more waiting in line at 2 am for the apartment you want. I'm pretty excited about it and hope it runs smoothly. With this being done beforehand and other paperwork normally done that day also being done online, it seems that the day should be a lot quicker rather than waiting hours in line at check in and 4 hours at casting.

Well, I guess that's it for now! Thanks to everyone reading along!
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

Re: I'm going to be a CM!

Only one week left...how exciting! Hope you enjoy The Lion King, it is a fantastic show.

Can't wait to hear how your first day goes!
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Enjoy your trip to Nashville! That is a fun city. I love reading along with your journey. Thanks for taking time to update!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Can't wait to read more!!

Hope your grandpa is doing better!

Ok so...first of all Nashville was a blast! We had a great time and the show was amazing. I was all ready to take pictures and post some for y'all, but when we got there they said no pictures were allowed, so sadly I don't have any. But it was a great show, except the Morning Report was mysteriously missing, which I found odd since it was added to the new version of the movie, and I might have been a harsher critic because I've seen the musical twice and listen to the CD from time to time.

Moving on, we leave tomorrow ( well officially today I guess). I had about 12 boxes, including one that my mattress topper was in, which was WAY too much. I ended reevaluating som of the stuff I was bring and I took out three boxes, and my 9 boxes fit pretty nicely in the back of my dad's truck. My stuff for the trip down and first few days should fit in my car even with my tiny trunk and backseat. I got to say goodbye to my grandma and aunt tonight which was ver nice and relaxed. I cried a little when I left my grandma's house but nothing major. My cousin, who lives in the northern part of the state, went to Spain and Mexico a few times, and my aunt said that she (my cousin) would be willing to give me tips for battling homesickness if/when I need it. I love my family, and I'm going to miss them like crazy, but I really think this is going to be a great journey for me to become more independent and outgoing.

I hope to update y'all after we get to Disney, but I'm not sure when it will happen, and as always, thanks for reading!
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

Have a safe trip!

From what I've heard, Morning Report was removed from the tour shows (it wasn't performed at the Bob Carr in Orlando when I saw the show)- not sure if it still shows in the Broadway show

Have a safe trip! Can't wait to hear about check-in and your work location
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

Have a safe trip. Looking forward to your updates
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Thank you to you three! We made it safe and sound! And Joanna, I think that's pretty weird and thanks for sharing. I didn't know the Morning Report was taken out of the shows. Very interesting.

I'm going to do a quick run down on what has happened so far. Yesterday we drove about 10-11 hours and stopped in Lake City, Fl so this morning we only had a 2-3 hour drive which was super nice. We arrived at the Caribbean Beach at about 11:00 and were able to check in and get our room. My dad was nice enough to get us a Pirate room that faces the water and I LOVE it. All my pictures are on my camera so once I get settled ill have to post pictures, but the beds look like pirate ships and the carpet looked like wood floors, and it is in a quiet area. After we brought everything up to the room, we headed out to Epcot so we could catch some of the Flower and Garden Festival since tomorrow is the last day for that. From the booths I had the angel food cake with Florida berries, aka strawberries, and whipped cream which was very tasty and the strawberries hit the spot because it was quite warm today at times. I also had the potato pancake with applesauce from the booth near Germany and while the potato pancake was good, not great, the applesauce was wonderful and I wish I could have just ordered that. I also tried the dole whip with spiced rum which I loved. It was very good. We checked out the a festival center where I got a cell phone cover and I got a pin form the pin shop by Spaceship Earth, we rode Figment, my dad s favorite ride, and then we hit the monorail for the MK. We did a lot of walking around, checked out The Rapunzel bathrooms, and got fast passes for Buzz and jumped on the TTA. For some reason I just love this ride, even though I miss the old spiel. When it came time for Buzz, dad and I rode together and we both became Galactic Heroes. We got buttons and had to say an oath about protecting the world from the Evil Emperor Zurg and then everyone clapped for us. It was a lot of fun. We decided to go back to the hotel for dinner, and rest a little. Then MK was open until 1 so we headed back there, rode pirates, and Thunder Mountain during Wishes, which was incredible! It was also one thing crossed off my bucket list!!! Yay! Then, we decided that we were tired, and headed toward the bus.

Tomorrow we are planning on going to AK then HS so we can get a stocking embroidered for my cousin. Tomorrow night I am heading to DTD to meet with other people checking in on Monday so that should be fun. The problem will be that about 100 people have said they are going, so I guess if you are in the area, stay away from Earl of Sandwich around 7.

Thanks again, and the next time I update, I should know where I'll be working!!!
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

Sounds like a great beginning to your adventure! Good luck! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for your update, sounds like a great start

Have fun today and have fun at Earl
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! Mmm, Earl of Sandwich...ate there for the first time on our last trip and plan to make it a must-do from now on. Thanks for updating!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Sounds like you are having fun so far and can't wait to hear about the meet up at EOS!

Although I didn't have the normal 2hr wait for check-in, I had heard a lot about it and am glad they changed to online. I was in a special small group that was asked to come down early, so we really had no choice in anything. Do you know which complex you will be in yet??

I love following this thread and sharing your experiences.

PLEASE keep posting if you get chance - and best of luck (not the you need it!) at WDW.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Great thread love the sound of your adventure. I would love to work for Disney but as a 34 year old married with 1 son and I'm a disabled Brit I think my time has gone.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast