MagicBands +
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MagicBands +

Mickey MagicBands +

Does anyone know when they are going to start using the MagicBands? We are traveling to WDW in June and really want to use them. In my Disney Files Magazine, it says you can go online and personalize your band, but I cannot do that until they are rolling them out (not just trial).
    2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings

Now what is a magicband+ ? I'm not sure what they are.
    -Coach Alec S

Re: MagicBands +

They are the wrist bands that are used to get into the parks. They are in testing right now. I was wondering if anyone know when they would start making them available to the guests.
    2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings

So is this something to get rid of the park tickets?
    -Coach Alec S

It is your park ticket.

I just got back from WDW on march 7, and they are not out yet 😥

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Lover
    It is your park ticket.
    Oh got it now! Are you going to be able to take them on and off or will they have to stay on the whole time when your at WDW?
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Lover View Post
    Does anyone know when they are going to start using the MagicBands? We are traveling to WDW in June and really want to use them. In my Disney Files Magazine, it says you can go online and personalize your band, but I cannot do that until they are rolling them out (not just trial).
    Once they actually give the bands to people they will work immediately. Annual psssholders are already being switched to rfid plastic passes and those who wish to will be able to exchange their current paper passes for plastic rfid chip ones. Then soon annual passholders will start getting the magic bands to replace the passes, if they want to. I'll be switching mine this month to rfidv so I can enter via the new turnstiles made just for rfid passes and bands.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps View Post

Oh got it now! Are you going to be able to take them on and off or will they have to stay on the whole time when your at WDW?
    You'll be able to take them off. Plus their will be many styles you can choose from at extra cost. Plus their also going to have other accessories if you don't like the bands. Things like watches, and bracelets from famous accessory manufacturers.

Has anyone hear when they are going to start using them?

They start now in spring.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61
    They start now in spring.
    It's Spring now!!! Does that mean we can get them when we go in 5 days??? 8:0) XXX

There's a good chance yes. Pretty sure they have been doing random testing. When you get there if you don't get them it can't hurt to ask. Good luck. And have a magical time.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61
    There's a good chance yes. Pretty sure they have been doing random testing. When you get there if you don't get them it can't hurt to ask. Good luck. And have a magical time.
    Thanks!!! I'll ask as soon as we arrive!!! 8:0) XXX

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa

Once they actually give the bands to people they will work immediately. Annual psssholders are already being switched to rfid plastic passes and those who wish to will be able to exchange their current paper passes for plastic rfid chip ones. Then soon annual passholders will start getting the magic bands to replace the passes, if they want to. I'll be switching mine this month to rfidv so I can enter via the new turnstiles made just for rfid passes and bands.

Really? Because i was just there end of Feb and i am a passholder with paper tickets. I went to Guest services and they told me that they couldnt give passholders the new plastic cards yet. That we'd be receiving more info via email or mail and i havent heard anything. i was so disappointed cause regular guests got to get them and i as a passholder couldnt. Ill be back in April so hopefully ill be able to then.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast