MagicBands + - Page 2
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MagicBands +

Quote Originally Posted by Belle87

Really? Because i was just there end of Feb and i am a passholder with paper tickets. I went to Guest services and they told me that they couldnt give passholders the new plastic cards yet. That we'd be receiving more info via email or mail and i havent heard anything. i was so disappointed cause regular guests got to get them and i as a passholder couldnt. Ill be back in April so hopefully ill be able to then.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    It just started this week for annual passholders.

-HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh

It just started this week for annual passholders.

Awesome! Thanks so much for letting me know.

I have 2 week Ultimate passes!!! Can I exchange these for MagicBands??? 8:0) XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Belle87 View Post

Really? Because i was just there end of Feb and i am a passholder with paper tickets. I went to Guest services and they told me that they couldnt give passholders the new plastic cards yet. That we'd be receiving more info via email or mail and i havent heard anything. i was so disappointed cause regular guests got to get them and i as a passholder couldnt. Ill be back in April so hopefully ill be able to then.

Current annual passholders can have their passes changed from March 20 to April 19th at Epcot. After that time frame you will only get the rfid chip passes on your renewal. New passholders getting them now will automatically get the rfid passes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa

Current annual passholders can have their passes changed from March 20 to April 19th at Epcot. After that time frame you will only get the rfid chip passes on your renewal. New passholders getting them now will automatically get the rfid passes.

Awesome i will be there April 12-14 just in time

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa

You'll be able to take them off. Plus their will be many styles you can choose from at extra cost. Plus their also going to have other accessories if you don't like the bands. Things like watches, and bracelets from famous accessory manufacturers.

Where did you go d that info about the accessories ???? I'd like to read it!!!

Sent from my magical device using pixie dust!
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007
    DS Marcos, Born Feb 28, 2014
    “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

I'm annual pass holder and I got the plastic ticket yesterday and asked about the magic bands, they said it being tested with cast members. Also they probably won't be out til Juneish.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerTalina View Post

Where did you go d that info about the accessories ???? I'd like to read it!!!

Sent from my magical device using pixie dust!
    I got the info from a link on Google but I think that it's on insidethemagic.net.

Cast members are receiving the bands first. They have not given a date yet, but will get all communication via mail.

Re: MagicBands +

Will the wrist bands also be used as room keys for resort guests our will they issue separate cards for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    Will the wrist bands also be used as room keys for resort guests our will they issue separate cards for that?
    For now the cards will be issued as hotel key. But in the future when you buy a package I think you'll get the option to do that. I guess it depends on the security and privacy issue. At least for passholders I think when you book a resort stay they'll just program your room to your annual passholder band. Either way it should be interesting to see what they do. But I think it will matter on privacy and security in the end.

I'm open to the idea of them making a small RFID that can be affixed to the back of something...it wouldn't take much (since it's passive, and doesn't require constant power)...

For example, I have a Skaagan watch that I would love to be my "everything Disney" device.

If they marketed it right, I'd even buy a NEW watch that was compatible with it. One less thing to carry around the parks. Now, if only I didn't have to carry my State Issue Photo ID!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

I like the idea of having a band of some sort that I can us each time I go to the resort but I do not like having things on my wrist. All I wear is a live strong band. I personally like having the card to get into the park. It hits easy in my wallet and doesn't take up any room. I see where Disney is going with this but I am just not a big fan.

Had to put my 2 cents out there haha
    -Coach Alec S

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaxcorps
    I like the idea of having a band of some sort that I can us each time I go to the resort but I do not like having things on my wrist. All I wear is a live strong band. I personally like having the card to get into the park. It hits easy in my wallet and doesn't take up any room. I see where Disney is going with this but I am just not a big fan.

Had to put my 2 cents out there haha
    I agree.

A card slips unnoticed into my wallet - which I have to carry anyway. I'd much rather that than have to worry about wearing a band everywhere.

I hope they give the option to stick with a card.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

But, imagine (playing devils advocate) that you could have a single piece of jewelry / fashion wear that acted as your park admission, you charging privledges, and your room key? Be it a hat, or a bracelet?

I'm not fond of the bracelets, myself, but I do see the future application of silent RFID tech for Disney...
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast