MagicBands + - Page 3
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MagicBands +

Re: MagicBands +

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    But, imagine (playing devils advocate) that you could have a single piece of jewelry / fashion wear that acted as your park admission, you charging privledges, and your room key?
    I have that - it's a Key to the World and works very well. It also slips nicely into my wallet unnoticed.

Be it a hat, or a bracelet?
    I don't often wear a hat and never wear a bracelet - but I always carry my wallet. I'd rather not have to carry a hat that I don't want (imagine me turning up to Victoria and Alberts in my smart jacket and the same sweaty, dirty baseball cap that I've been wearing round the parks for the last 2 weeks?

I also don't want to wear a bracelet - if I did, I'd wear one already.

If I always carry my wallet, why would I want to worry about picking up a hat or a bracelet or whatever else Disney insist in attaching the latest gimmicky gizmo to.

I'm not fond of the bracelets, myself, but I do see the future application of silent RFID tech for Disney...
    I still don't get why it needs to change. I always arrive back at the thought that nothing will be as easy and unobtrusive (for me, anyway) as slipping a card into my wallet. Will an RFID chip fit on a card without bulking it out? Fine. If not, why fix what isn't broken?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I'm 100% with Winkster on this. I already have mu wallet with me and my Key to the World card fits nicely inside. If they were to insist I use their bracelet, if would stay in my bag the whole time. I don't wear jewelry at all with the exception of my wedding ring. I don't need a bulky and tacky bracelet on my wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg
    But, imagine (playing devils advocate) that you could have a single piece of jewelry / fashion wear that acted as your park admission, you charging privledges, and your room key? Be it a hat, or a bracelet?

I'm not fond of the bracelets, myself, but I do see the future application of silent RFID tech for Disney...
    I'm with you on this one Englanddg!!! I'd LOVE a piece of jewellery that I could wear all the time!!! It'd mean I would always be wearing a piece of Disney Magic!!! A watch would work (by the way I purchased a Skagen watch day before yesterday because you've raved about them!!!)!!! 8:0) XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlybabe View Post
    I'm with you on this one Englanddg!!! I'd LOVE a piece of jewellery that I could wear all the time!!! It'd mean I would always be wearing a piece of Disney Magic!!! A watch would work (by the way I purchased a Skagen watch day before yesterday because you've raved about them!!!)!!! 8:0) XXX
    I am very fond of mine. Going to get a new one this coming trip I think. Which one did you get? Oh, be sure to keep all the warrenty info, etc. The face of the watch is crystal, and Skagan will replace it for the life of your watch (basically...forever)

Back on topic though, I wear a watch pretty much everywhere (since I got the Skagan's), and I'm much rather have that on my wrist...even if they made a model that was a tad thicker that had RFID in it that could be activated as a MagicBand.

They'd easily get me to buy a stylish several hundred dollar "magicband" that would function as a watch/souvanier after the trip (and ideally, work on future trips), as to not have to wear a piece of plastic!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

That's why Disney will be giving more options other than a bracelet. They will even give you option to just keep a card. The point here is bracelets is just the beginning.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa
    That's why Disney will be giving more options other than a bracelet. They will even give you option to just keep a card.
    I think it's great that they'll give the option to do both. Everyone's happy!
    Just a dream away!

Do they plan for the bracelets to be removable or will it be once it is on you keep it on until your vacation is done? I could live with the bracelet idea if it comes off as a female I do wear a bracelet and a watch so it wouldn't annoy me but I absolutely hate those plastic/paper bands that once you put on you can take off. They are never the right length and end up too tight or loose. Also will they still finger print you?

Also they could just put that chip on the card. I recently ran a race and they chip the runners and it picks you up as you cross points and the finish line so really as long as the chip is somewhere on you they can do all the tracking they want.

I haven't done an Internet search yet but do they have pictures of these bracelets yet?

instead of using keycards you can get bands that you can use instead of cards so you can just scan to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWmagickid14 View Post
    instead of using keycards you can get bands that you can use instead of cards so you can just scan to get in.
    That's what this thread is about!
    Just a dream away!

I personally love this idea. Especially bring able to personalize it. To me with 3 small gets this is awesome. I am afraid with 5 cards in my bag and I lose the bag. It's all over.but the band. I love it. Hotel game room key and credit card. The less I have t carry the better. I am going in Devember I hope they are out by then.

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

Checkout wdwinfo, they just received an update on annual passholder and magic bands. It sounds like good news. It looks like passholders will get the option to choose their magic bands color and then it will be mailed in boxes like the ones below and they will be hypoallergenic and washable.
    Looking forward to this. Will be going before the 19th to epcot to exchange my paper passholder ticket for the rfid pass.

Here's the link for more info:
    http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/04/06/d...wdwinfo.com%29

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_1_4_.jpeg 
Views:	455 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	7179

Last edited by yankeesusa; 04-07-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Has anyone heard about just the regular tickets? When will they become wristbands instead of cards?
    2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    ...they will be hypoallergenic and washable.
    I get this for pass holders but are wrist bands really going to be cheaper than cards? They sound like they'd cost more to produce.
    Just a dream away!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post

I get this for pass holders but are wrist bands really going to be cheaper than cards? They sound like they'd cost more to produce.
    That's what I was thinking. I think what they may do is leave regular day tickets as an rfid card and people who come to the resorts for week or more visits and get passes also then they will give them option to get band. Like some people said, I see the bands being more of an option for passholders. Unless you can get a band and then they just edit the rfid info when you come back, only problem with that is people may lose them between visits.

Does anyone know if international guests will also receive the bands in the mail ? I want to know so I book with enough time for them to get here

Sent from my magical device using pixie dust!
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007
    DS Marcos, Born Feb 28, 2014
    “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast