MagicBands + - Page 31
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: MagicBands +

Re: MagicBands +

Being a tech geek i have to say this technology is awesome, easy to use and its reach is just fantastic! Love it, cant wait to see this go main stream,

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Does anyone know if I can merge my Disney Card for my Not So Scary party to my magic band? I would rather not have the card and just use my magic band.

Quote Originally Posted by skyelili View Post
    Does anyone know if I can merge my Disney Card for my Not So Scary party to my magic band? I would rather not have the card and just use my magic band.
    I think you just gave to add your Halloween tickets to you MDE account with your bands.

Thanks I'll give that a try!

My biggest disappointment on these is that every trip you order and wait for a new band what is the point to this I thougnt this was a way for them to save money.... Not understanding this one bit...
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2 View Post
    My biggest disappointment on these is that every trip you order and wait for a new band what is the point to this I thougnt this was a way for them to save money.... Not understanding this one bit...
    There are a few reasons for this.

1) Logistically, it is easier to have a system that sends out bands every order

2) The batteries for the long range RFID in the bands wear out after about a year or two, so this is a way to be sure those features stay active.

3) Any internal upgrades to the bands are realized by Disney (note, not guests, Disney). Specifically chip upgrades for the long range RFID features.

4) Most Guests (myself included) see them as neat and free momentos (though I was fine with keeping our KTTW cards).

That said, older bands and KTTW cards with RFID capabilities (2013 era) can still be linked if you'd rather use an older band.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2 View Post
    You don't have to order new bands every time. You can choose to use older bands you have used in the past. You just tell them at the resort and they will recycle the new bands. I have done it several times. What they need to do is give people that option and remind them. We had to ask if that could be done.

I think it is so exciting to get in the mail. I love getting thing in the mail about my disney trip!

Quote Originally Posted by mberenato View Post
    Being a tech geek i have to say this technology is awesome, easy to use and its reach is just fantastic! Love it, cant wait to see this go main stream, MB
    We have bands we put on patients we just have to scan and it's does slot of our charting

They said we did not have to order new nes but usually we go several times a year however our last trip christmas of 2013 was a 9 person trip that hurt the pocket book lol.. So when we booked our honeymoon we did go ahead and order new bands because we will have them for keepskaes but I have every key to the world I have ever been given on any trip I have ever been on I am a collector of these things as well..
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

We are going to Disney world February 3rd 2016 for 7 nights. We have never used the bands as our last trip was 2013. When should we get our bands? I was hoping to have them for a Christmas present. The kids don't know we are going yet. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mmellonmont View Post
    We are going to Disney world February 3rd 2016 for 7 nights. We have never used the bands as our last trip was 2013. When should we get our bands? I was hoping to have them for a Christmas present. The kids don't know we are going yet. 
    You likely will not have them for Christmas, but they'll show up within a week or two of the holiday. They normally arrive 3 - 5 weeks before your check-in date.

If you want to give bands as xmas gifts, and not worry about if they show in time or not, you can purchase custom bands, as well as Magicbandits and Magicsliders (charms, basically) online here:

http://www.disneystore.com/magicband...omSearch=10002

It could make for a rather unique Christmas present, if that's the way you wish to break it to the kids. As well, you can pick and choose designs and charms that you think your kids will enjoy. There are more options and variety at the actual parks, including a shop where you can completely customize and print your own unique band with your name and other things, but for your purposes, this may be a better option.

I bought two Haunted Mansion ones (limited edition, one purple background, one gray) as well as a Figment one for the last trip I took (about 3 weeks ago, for the Halloween Party, though I got mine at the Disney Store at MCO). We loved them.

If you purchase bands from Disney Store, you can link them to your MDE account using the code on the back of the band. You will be able to use them, as well as the bands you'll get from Disney for free a few weeks later, for your trip. They will work just like the bands you are sent from Disney.
    Last edited by englanddg; 11-08-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Does anyone know if you can use your magic band on arrival day to enter a park if you haven't checked in to your resort yet?

Quote Originally Posted by txmomx2 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use your magic band on arrival day to enter a park if you haven't checked in to your resort yet?
    I never had to go to the front desk. I stayed at AoA this past week and got an email telling me what my room number was. But I went to the room that night and not a park.
    -Coach Alec S

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031