MagicBands + - Page 5
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 464

Thread: MagicBands +

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicawilks56 View Post

    Did they say who they are testing them on. I had heard DVC members.

    Sent from My iPad.
    No she didn't know she said it was random but to ask when u check in you might be able to be apart of it

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by goofyfan1104 View Post

    No she didn't know she said it was random but to ask when u check in you might be able to be apart of it
    Okay. Thanks.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicawilks56 View Post

    Okay. Thanks.
    No problem sorry I couldn't help more I'm going to ask to see when we go in July to try to be a part of the test group

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by goofyfan1104 View Post

    No problem sorry I couldn't help more I'm going to ask to see when we go in July to try to be a part of the test group
    No problem. We are going in December so I am going to see too.

    Sent from My iPad.

  5. #65
    Just got back from EPCOT and they said passholders should receive theirs before the end of the year but the cast members all had theirs on, its being tested with CM first.

    Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

  6. #66
    Ok kool thank you for the info

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by goofyfan1104 View Post

    Did they tell you how to get them ?
    I saw it on wdwinfo. You go to epcot and go to odyssey building. They then exchange your regular paper pass for a plastic rfid pass. It looks like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20130415_220712.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	7199


    Oh and you only have till 19th to do this. After that you will get it when you renew. And new passholders will automatically get it from now on.




    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney
    Last edited by yankeesusa; 04-15-2013 at 10:10 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    Here's picture of arm bands and test unit so you could text out your new rfid pass. They said an update is coming soon to Disney mobile app to integrate these more or fix some issues. Also you'll be able to add a credit card to it soon. Can't wait.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20130415_221330.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	7200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20130415_221505.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	7201  

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    Here's picture of arm bands and test unit so you could text out your new rfid pass. They said an update is coming soon to Disney mobile app to integrate these more or fix some issues. Also you'll be able to add a credit card to it soon. Can't wait.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney
    Is this for the bands and the cards or just the bands.

    Sent from My iPad.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicawilks56 View Post

    Is this for the bands and the cards or just the bands.

    Sent from My iPad.
    Just rfid passes. The bands were there just for show and they had cm's there explaining how they will work. Also how the mobile app will integrate with the rfid cards and magic bands.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post

    Just rfid passes. The bands were there just for show and they had cm's there explaining how they will work. Also how the mobile app will integrate with the rfid cards and magic bands.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney
    Ok sorry to be asking a similar question. But the cards and the bands will have the same function. Programmable from the app etc.

    Sent from My iPad.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicawilks56 View Post

    Ok sorry to be asking a similar question. But the cards and the bands will have the same function. Programmable from the app etc.

    Sent from My iPad.
    That's what they said. Since some people will choose to continue to use cards instead of bands they are going to allow the cards to work with app also. Soon you'll be able to enter a number that's in the back if the card into the mobile app and that will link it. It's looking very interesting indeed.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post

    That's what they said. Since some people will choose to continue to use cards instead of bands they are going to allow the cards to work with app also. Soon you'll be able to enter a number that's in the back if the card into the mobile app and that will link it. It's looking very interesting indeed.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney
    Thank you

    Sent from My iPad.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: MagicBands +

    I heard that they are having problems with the testing and now they do not think they wil be out until the end of the summer.

    does anyone know anymore?

    2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Forest Hills, PA
    Posts
    135

    Re: MagicBands +

    I heard rumors that your fast passes will be on the bands as well. That you can go online the day before you go to a park and pick your fast pass and time. Also I heard something that it will deal with your room account or something of that nature. Unsure if any of this is true, but if it is I am super excited.
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP