Visiting WDW in November
    When is the best time to go in November? We want to see it all done up for Christmas but avoid the week of Thanksgiving as I hear that's a very busy week.

What about the weather too?

Love to hear everyone's thoughts! Thanks
    Goofy Mom

Anytime after the first week of Nov., they usually have all of the fall/Halloween stuff down and Christmas stuff up by then.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if the Osborne Light show starts in November too? We are looking at the week before Thanksgiving but weren't sure when the light show started! It was one of our favorite parts of being there at Christmas time!
    Goofy Mom

Quote Originally Posted by goofy mom
    Thanks for the info! Do you know if the Osborne Light show starts in November too? We are looking at the week before Thanksgiving but weren't sure when the light show started! It was one of our favorite parts of being there at Christmas time!
    I was there the day after thanksgiving last year and the lights were up I would assume they were up way before we got there. I think you might be safe with the week before.

We travelled last year for a week, arriving the Sunday after thanksgiving. All decor was in place, the weather was perfect, and crowds were low. With the exception of Magic Kingdom on the first weekend in December. They generally film the Christmas Parade then which made the park a Zoo for two days. We just went to other parks those days avoided the chaos.

Sent from my magical handheld device

Re: Planning a Nov trip

My source has told me that the Osbourne Lights start November 9th till January 6th, give our take a few days.

The light show was great last year and made many videos of the dancing lights show.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest User
    My source has told me that the Osbourne Lights start November 9th till January 6th, give our take a few days.

The light show was great last year and made many videos of the dancing lights show.
    Thanks so much! This is a huge help! Now we can start planning!
    Goofy Mom

I was there at the beginning of November last year and we got to go to the Christmas party and see the lights at HS.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy mom View Post

Thanks so much! This is a huge help! Now we can start planning!
    You should look into reservations for the candle light processional at EPCOT. They do a deal similar to Fantasmic where you get dinner at a restaurant in the park and priority seating for the processional. I have had friends line up two hours ahead of time and still not get a seat.

Have fun!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Fort Wilderness: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1996, 1997
    All Star Music: 2006, 2009, 2010,
    Wilderness Lodge: 2012
    POP Century: Fall of 2015

Weather in mid November

What do y'all think the weather, temps will be like in mid November?
    2002-off prop, 2005-cabin FW, 2006-cabin FW (MVMCP), 2007-POR (MNSSHP & free dinning), 2008-CBR(MNSSHP & free dinning) no kids, 2011-CBR (MNSSHP & free dinning), 2013-cabins FW (MVMCP)

Quote Originally Posted by elric View Post
    What do y'all think the weather, temps will be like in mid November?
    I've merged this question into our existing "November" thread to keep all conversations together.

Good luck in finding your answers.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Visiting WDW in November

We were there for 2 weeks in Mid Nov 2011, the weather was wonderful. 70's during day and 50's at night, very little rain.
    Last edited by 2goofycampers; 09-01-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    CAMPERS

Thanks 2goofycampers. Sounds like what I'm hoping for.
    2002-off prop, 2005-cabin FW, 2006-cabin FW (MVMCP), 2007-POR (MNSSHP & free dinning), 2008-CBR(MNSSHP & free dinning) no kids, 2011-CBR (MNSSHP & free dinning), 2013-cabins FW (MVMCP)

We got here Nov 3rd, and will stay till April. Anyone else doing something similar? We are a low speed couple in our 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dis Knee View Post
    We got here Nov 3rd, and will stay till April. Anyone else doing something similar? We are a low speed couple in our 50's.
    Impressive, can I just say, you guys are lucky. I'll be there the first week of December (can't wait). November to April, I must learn your ways haha.