Disney Night Out

Disney Night Out

What is your favorite place to go for a night out in Disney World? I've been planning where we go each day after the parks for a night out:

Day 1 after Animal Kingdom- Downtown Disney- Options:

The Front Porch at House of Blues ? Anyone been there?

Day 2 after Magic Kingdom- Hotel Bar Hop

Outer Rim at the Bay Lake Tower ? Anyone been there?

Tambu Lounge- Polynesian

Mizner's Lounge or Citrico's Lounge. Has anyone been to Citrico's Lounge?

Day 3 after Epcot- Boardwalk

Atlantic Dance Hall.

Was going to go to Jellyrolls but $12.00 cover. Does Atlantic Dance Hall have one?

Day 4 after Hollywood Studios- Downtown Disney

We're eating at Planet Hollywood. Maybe check out Raglan Road Bar after?

Day 5 after Magic Kingdom-

Port Orleans Live Music?
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

Atlantic Dance Hall is probably not worth it, it's usually empty with literally no one there. Jelly Rolls would be worth the cover charge. It's very much like the Piano Bar at Pat O'Briens.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Re: Disney Night Out

Ok. We'll try to work the cover charge into our budget. That's sad how the Atlantic Dance Hall is empty. It seems like a really large space.
    Last edited by Tinker Britt; 04-04-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Britt
    Ok. We'll try to work the cover charge into our budget. That's sad how the Atlantic Dance Hall is empty. It seems like a really large space.
    It is a really large place, that sits empty lost of the time. It's used to host the ESPN College Football Awards show. I meet a few players back in 2005 when I worked at the Boardwalk.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Generally, we can make an evening out of our meal. We usually always leave the park we're in by mid afternoon, go back to the resort, rest up and shower and change. It then makes the meal feel more of an event than just an extension of a theme park day.

We often eat out of WDW too though which extends the time taken (to include travel time).

Other than a long, lazy dinner though, I love drinking around the world in Epcot.

Ok, that probably makes it sound more alcohol fuelled than it really it. We don't set out to drink a lot or even to drink all around the world.

We just have a relaxed stroll around the lagoon, stopping every so often for a drink or two.

Outside of Epcot, we love the Il Mulhino bar at the Swan. It has a fantastically refined yet relaxed atmosphere.

The Crews Cup Lounge at the YC is another big fave too.

We avoid places like House of Blues and Raglan Road as they're just too noisy and hectic. At 41, I'm getting too old for all that (but ssshhh, don't tell anyone I said that!).
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

The Yacht Club and Swan Bars that you mention sound different. That would be fun to try out! Thanks and no you're never too old too party! Haha My fiance's parents were in their late 60s when we went to Disney last and they were taking tequila shots at Le Cava in Mexico and we went to Mizner's lounge and drank Martinis on our last night there.

La Cava is a great spot!

Curious Alice and I (and our other halves) met there. Only trouble is, I like wandering around the World Showcase but La Cava is so good you kinda get stuck in there!!
    Just a dream away!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    La Cava is a great spot!

Curious Alice and I (and our other halves) met there. Only trouble is, I like wandering around the World Showcase but La Cava is so good you kinda get stuck in there!!
    Yes, Cava is great! I've been there quite a few times. Only once was it too crowded to get a table. There's also a wine bar in Italy with really nice, cozy seating, if you can get it.

We've been to the Outer Rim in the Contemporary and it is nothing special. Just an area in the corner near the big noisy restaurant. Is there another Outer Rim in Bay Lake Tower? The Wave bar is a million times better than the Outer Rim that we went to.

If I were you I'd ditch Planet Hollywood and go to Raglan Road. Planet Hollywood was one of the worst places I've ever been to at WDW, both atmosphere and food. We had dinner sitting at the Raglan Road bar. The fish & chips were great.

At Grand Floridian we had drinks at the Narcoosee's bar. It was nice, but a bit stuffy, in my opinion, but really great view. Tambu Lounge is more fun. Also, you can get drinks at the Poly pool bar and drink them on the beach with a Magic Kingdom view.

We had drinks and snacks at the Crew's Cup Lounge in the Yacht Club, which was nice.

Also nice was the Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Thanks for the advice. I think we may have to ditch Planet Hollywood because of not enough time to get to our reservation anyway. So we may be getting Wolfgang Puck Express and then going to another one of the bars you suggested. Guess I'll take a vote from my sissies
    Last edited by Tinker Britt; 04-09-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Britt View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I think we may have to Ditch Planet Hollywood because of not enough time to get to our reservation anyway. So we may be getting Wolfgang Puck Express and then going to another one of the bars you suggested. Guess I'll take a vote from my sissies
    Why not eat at Wolfgang Puck Express then get a boat to POR or POFQ (or both!) and try their bars?
    Just a dream away!

I would suggest paying the cover and going to Jelly Rolls. This is for your bachelorette trip? I think you are the one it is really fun and starts to fill up around 10pm (or at least the times I went it did). We had a blast.

I have also read about a monorail bar crawl - if you search on Internet you will find it. Basically you hit up the restaurants/lounges at the resorts on the monorail. I really want to do this one trip. It sounds fun.

Downtown Disney - you could always go to Regland Road. When we were there they had an Irish band playing and they have a nice bar area in there.

What about drinks and snacks "around the world" in Epcot. That is always a fun time.