Disney 2014
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Disney 2014

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62

    Disney 2014

    Hi I'm taking my family to disney world florida in June 2014 I have been there in my younger years but I now have four children of my own does anyone have any tips for me please xx
    I love disney

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937
    Quote Originally Posted by MRS INCREDIBLE
    Hi I'm taking my family to disney world florida in June 2014 I have been there in my younger years but I now have four children of my own does anyone have any tips for me please xx
    Some more info would be helpful. Where are you staying? How long? What concerns do you have?
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62
    Bahama bay resort apartments just down from the 192 we are going for 14 nights I've been b4 but this is my kids first time ever I'm not telling them until we get to the airport my eldest will be 10 and my youngest will be 6 but all of my children are very tall so not worried about them getting on rides at all just want tips on best places for them to eat meet and greets ect xx
    I love disney

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937
    Quote Originally Posted by MRS INCREDIBLE
    Bahama bay resort apartments just down from the 192 we are going for 14 nights I've been b4 but this is my kids first time ever I'm not telling them until we get to the airport my eldest will be 10 and my youngest will be 6 but all of my children are very tall so not worried about them getting on rides at all just want tips on best places for them to eat meet and greets ect xx
    How many girls, how many boys, ages?

    Not telling them is a good idea, but they will figure it out before you get to the parks. Be sure to have a video camera at the ready!
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62
    Alyssa will be 10 India will be 9 erika will be 6 and kyan my ill man will be 7 we are in England so we are going to tell them when we get to the airport this end and we will be filming it lol looking at a flight that will get us over there for about 3pm so we aren't flying at nite xx
    I love disney

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937
    Quote Originally Posted by MRS INCREDIBLE
    Alyssa will be 10 India will be 9 erika will be 6 and kyan my ill man will be 7 we are in England so we are going to tell them when we get to the airport this end and we will be filming it lol looking at a flight that will get us over there for about 3pm so we aren't flying at nite xx
    So, 2 girls and 2 boys. Character meals are probably the best way to go for meet and greets, though they can be a bit pricy. Te only one that is over the top for girls is Cnderellas Royal Table and Akershus (all Princesses) but, your girls will adore it.

    Chef Mickeys, Tuskers, Crystal Palace and Ohana are probably the best "middle ground" character meals....for boys and girls.

    Well, that depends on how your boys feel about princesses, I suppose...
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62
    3 girls one boy lol. Alyssa isn't keen on roller coasters but the thing is she has never been on one. What would be a good one to get her on to show her they are fun?
    Last edited by Winkster; 04-12-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Text speak removed
    I love disney

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62

    Kids

    Omg cnt wait for the kids to see this 😄
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2251010445.jpg 
Views:	1667 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	7192  
    I love disney

  9. #9

    Re: Disney 2014

    The 'Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique' is a lot of fun for young girls. Book early because the spots fill up fast. At the Grand Floridian 'Disney's Pirate Adventure' is fun for kids under 7. I know the website says up to age 12 but when my son was 9 he found he was too old. Also, at the Grand Floridian is 'Wonderland Tea Party' for ages 4 through 12. As a family you could take the 'Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage' (Grand Floridian) or 'Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds. The Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party is fun at Magic Kingdom. Character meals at 'Cinderella's Royal Table', 'Crystal Palace', 'Be Our Guest', 'Tusker House Restaurant' or 'Akershus Royal Banquet Hall'. (there are more character meals to pick from)
    Last edited by cpudd; 04-12-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    32 visits to WDW. Visits since 2008:
    Jan 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2008 - All-Star Music, Jan 2009 - Contemporary Resort & All-Star Sports, Jan 2011 - Polynesian Resort, Sept 2011 - Old Key West, Jan 2013 & Oct 2014 - Bay Lake Tower & Art of Animation, Jan 2015 - Bay Lake Tower, Port Orleans FQ, Villas at the Grand Floridian & Disney's Vero Beach, Jan 2016 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney's Hilton Head Island

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62
    What's the grand Floridian I dnt remember that from when I went 9 years ago lol
    I love disney

  11. #11

    Re: Disney 2014

    It's a deluxe resort beside the Polynesian. It opened July 1st, 1988.
    Last edited by cpudd; 04-12-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    32 visits to WDW. Visits since 2008:
    Jan 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2008 - All-Star Music, Jan 2009 - Contemporary Resort & All-Star Sports, Jan 2011 - Polynesian Resort, Sept 2011 - Old Key West, Jan 2013 & Oct 2014 - Bay Lake Tower & Art of Animation, Jan 2015 - Bay Lake Tower, Port Orleans FQ, Villas at the Grand Floridian & Disney's Vero Beach, Jan 2016 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney's Hilton Head Island

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    62
    Can u go there if u not staying there?
    I love disney

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: Disney 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Incredible View Post
    3 girls one boy lol. Alyssa isn't keen on roller coasters but the thing is she has never been on one. What would be a good one to get her on to show her they are fun?
    Sorry, mis-read those names.

    A good "first roller coaster" for her would be the Great Goofini. It's located in the far right corner of the park.

    It was my kid's first Roller Coaster. After that, getting her to try bigger and better ones has not been an issue.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Incredible View Post
    Can u go there if u not staying there?
    Yes. You can go to any of the resorts and shop at their shops and eat at their restaurants. You do not have to be a guest.

    The only thing you can't do if you are not staying there is use the hotel pool.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Incredible View Post
    3 girls one boy lol. Alyssa isn't keen on roller coasters but the thing is she has never been on one. What would be a good one to get her on to show her they are fun?
    A good first coaster for a 10 yr old would be Big Thunder Mountain. After that, try out Space Mountain. If she's okay and feeling brave (and tall enough) give Rock N Roller Coaster a try.

    My 5 yr old loves coasters. This year will be his first try on Space Mountain, not sure how he'll do with it being so dark...

    Take her on the Tomorrow Transit Authority before Space Mountain, it goes through the top of the ride so she can get an idea of how dark it is before she waits in line all that time only to walk away and not do it.

    Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: Disney 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh View Post
    A good first coaster for a 10 yr old would be Big Thunder Mountain. After that, try out Space Mountain. If she's okay and feeling brave (and tall enough) give Rock N Roller Coaster a try.

    My 5 yr old loves coasters. This year will be his first try on Space Mountain, not sure how he'll do with it being so dark...

    Take her on the Tomorrow Transit Authority before Space Mountain, it goes through the top of the ride so she can get an idea of how dark it is before she waits in line all that time only to walk away and not do it.

    Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    My kid had no issues with Space, though I did. I sat behind her and supported her head (and neck) at 5 and 6. Last year was the first year I didn't have to do that.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free Disney Dining for June 2014
    By thebfg2004 in forum WDW Restaurants
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 01:54 PM
  2. 2014
    By jesmarie1219 in forum WDW Resorts
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 01:43 AM
  3. WDW Dec.22.2013-Jan.1.2014
    By candygirl83 in forum TD Meets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  4. Anyone going to WDW in the middle of jan. 2014
    By berni16 in forum General Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 04:59 PM
  5. 2014 trips?
    By lionkingfanno1 in forum General Planning
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 07:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP