Free Dining for Fall 2013 - Rumors were flying today!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Free Dining for Fall 2013 - Rumors were flying today!

Did anyone else read the free dining rumors? There was a lot of buzz about it today, not sure if there's a thread of truth to either one, but these are the two rumors I heard today. First, I heard that free dining will only be offered sept 2 thru the 26th. Not sure why those dates versus mid-August through Sept 26th but those are the dates some people are saying it will be offered. Second, I heard that free dining this fall will mimmick bounce-back offers that some people have been offered while at Disney recently. The offer seems to give different dates for free dining depending upon which resort category you choose, probably because value season dates differ for these categories now. I heard that they're going to offer free dining for moderate resort from Aug 18 thru Sept 26th, and for deluxe resorts from Aug 18 thru Sept 26th. The sites where I read these seem to think that a deal is coming the first week of May, which means Disney Visa Card holders (like me!) will find out a few days before then or in the next few days. Again, these are just rumors going around, so don't take it as definite! If I get an offer in my email I'll let you know!

Re: Free Dining for Fall 2013 - Rumors were flying today!

I just read this also. Sept 2 - Sept 25... book from May 9 - Sept 15. I guess we'll know for sure in May.
    CAMPERS

Yes, that was a typo. It should be 09/02 to 09/25. It sounds like this is the deal that will be offered. Quick service for value resorts and regular dining for moderate and deluxe. Says it's going to be released to the public on May 9th, and Disney Visa Card holders will get it a few days prior.

Does that include DVC members or only the magic your way plans

Quote Originally Posted by goofyfan1104 View Post
    Does that include DVC members or only the magic your way plans
    Nope DCc isn't included in free dining.

DVC members never get the free dining

Hold on, how do you get the free dining again? We're annual passholders and we'll be staying at Coronado in September.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

You can also get the free dining but it has to be that your staying 3 nights or more.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Oh and the room has to be rack rate.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61 View Post
    Got it. That takes me out. I'm going on a special event rate. Thanks for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61 View Post
    That's the important part. If you booked with a reduced room rate or special promo rate, you lose that if you choose free dining. They only allow one promo per reservation. I know when my husband and I went in the fall a few years ago, I received an offers for 40% off deluxe room rate and free dining, Because my daughter was an infant and my son was only 2, it was a much better deal getting 40% off the room rate rather than the free dining. We paid for the dining plan because the discounted room saved us almost 2x as much. It all depends upon who is in your party, how long you're staying and where. If you use a travel agent, he or she should figure out the best deal for you. If you booked through Disney you'll have to do the math yourself.

Good to know. I'd rather save on room since we're pretty good at keeping food costs down. Plus with fridges in every room it makes it easier. But it would have been cool to get free dining just to try it. We have never done the dining plan since after calculating costs it's more than we want to spend.

Oh we'll, I booked off site and got a half decent price...no free dining though. We are staying at Liki Tiki for 15 days. Got a package deal so I saved on flights. Was holding out on free dining but couldn't book flights till I had dates and the flights were slowly starting to go up. Being on a budget we couldn't take the chance. Still going to disney though!

Quote Originally Posted by gordcoffin View Post
    Oh we'll, I booked off site and got a half decent price...no free dining though. We are staying at Liki Tiki for 15 days. Got a package deal so I saved on flights. Was holding out on free dining but couldn't book flights till I had dates and the flights were slowly starting to go up. Being on a budget we couldn't take the chance. Still going to disney though!
    Have fun. Liki tiki is very nice. Only thing that I don't like there is their resort fee. But on Kissimmee even your regular rinky dink hotel is now charging some type of resort fee. At least liki tiki isb an actual resort.

Re: Free Dining for Fall 2013 - Rumors were flying today!

I was wondering if/when the free dining does come out, will the AOA be included? The little mermaid standard rooms? I would like to stay there and actually had it booked. I changed it because I found out special offers werent being offered to those rooms?? We will be there from Sept 14-22!! thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast