Dvc members

Thread: Dvc members

Dvc members

Will DVC members ever b able to participate in the free dining plans?

Quote Originally Posted by kristenpa2003 View Post
    Will DVC members ever b able to participate in the free dining plans?
    Most likely not.... Because many members are annual pass holders the only way for it to happen is by purchasing tickets (that's how other guests get it) with your room reservations. Just can't see how they would make it work for the majority of members.

Quote Originally Posted by dsyplanninmomma View Post

Most likely not.... Because many members are annual pass holders the only way for it to happen is by purchasing tickets (that's how other guests get it) with your room reservations. Just can't see how they would make it work for the majority of members.
    We purchase tix every time so it would def work for us

Re: Dvc members

I am new to DVC, but have done a lot of research. The way I understand it is that you have to pay rack rate for a room (with tickets) in order to get free dining. So I don't think DVC members are ever eligible for free dining unfortunately.

ETA: That's not to say you can't book a package from Disney on your own (separate from DVC) and get the discount, just not as a part of your DVC stay.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-06-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am new to DVC, but have done a lot of research. The way I understand it is that you have to pay rack rate for a room (with tickets) in order to get free dining. So I don't think DVC members are ever eligible for free dining unfortunately.

ETA: That's not to say you can't book a package from Disney on your own (separate from DVC) and get the discount, just not as a part of your DVC stay.
    This is correct. We've been DVC members for a while now and I've looked into this in the past. Unfortunately, this is the explanation I've gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by cwilks10 View Post

This is correct. We've been DVC members for a while now and I've looked into this in the past. Unfortunately, this is the explanation I've gotten.
    that's what I thought but I was hoping there was a loop hole

Since the perks of being a DVC member are dwindling on a regular basis I would say no. It is highly unlikely that we will ever get DDP. They already have our cash locked in so they have no reason to give us such a massive perk? It would be nice though, even if they just did it once to celebrate when we each pay off our membership costs

- - - Updated - - -

Since the perks of being a DVC member are dwindling on a regular basis I would say no. It is highly unlikely that we will ever get DDP. They already have our cash locked in so they have no reason to give us such a massive perk? It would be nice though, even if they just did it once to celebrate when we each pay off our membership costs
    If you can dream it you can do it.....

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl1981 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it would b very nice!

I have no idea if this is true but someone told me that since the economy is not so great that Disney knows they have DVC people locked into vacations therefore less perks. Since they are trying to get others to book non DVC vacations they offer things like free dining. The person who was telling me thinks that as the economy turns for the better there could be less offerings for free dining because people should be able to afford more when vacationing. This person also claimed that Disney may then offer more DVC perks hoping to sell more timeshares since people will be more financially secure so the perks could end up back on the DVC side. Again I have no idea if this is totally true but it did make sense when they were explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris315 View Post
    I have no idea if this is true but someone told me that since the economy is not so great that Disney knows they have DVC people locked into vacations therefore less perks. Since they are trying to get others to book non DVC vacations they offer things like free dining. The person who was telling me thinks that as the economy turns for the better there could be less offerings for free dining because people should be able to afford more when vacationing. This person also claimed that Disney may then offer more DVC perks hoping to sell more timeshares since people will be more financially secure so the perks could end up back on the DVC side. Again I have no idea if this is totally true but it did make sense when they were explaining it.
    What your saying does make sense but free dining has been around for many years, even when the economy wasn't so bad. I think Disney sees it as a way to get some people to come that wouldn't normally. The first time we came that was the only reason we were swayed to come. If we would have to have bought food we would not have been able to afford it. I can't see the free dining deals going away time soon. But I think that they should offer some sort of food perk to the DVC members too.
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

I do think they will continue to offer free dining maybe just not as long or often. I do hope to see some additional DVC perks or discounts that are worth while. My last trip the big perk was I could go to the top of bay lake towers even though I was staying at a different DVC location. I did think it would be cool to watch Wishes but never made it over there.

Have you guys heard of the Tables in Wonderland card? It's $100 for DVC members and saves 20% on meals, INCLUDING alcohol. So you have to spend $500 to break even, then it's all 20% savings. I think I might try it. It's good for one year, so if you go often or for longer stays it could be worth it.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Tables in Wonderland is a very good perk for DVC Members if you are traveling in a large group if you are two people or three in a group you won't truely save that much. Also the free dining is not economy based historical data shows that disney has had free dining for a long time though it does draw on the more mid class family to go to disney which I think is amazing. I also as a DVC member don't think my perks have decreased I think they are different based on what people are looking for now days annual pass's went for 399 from oct-dec 2012 and this was a 200.00 savings from the norm. Also the DDP is alot cheaper with DVC then if you were to book that deluxe resort and pay for it and if you can get by with the 1 quick service 1 table service deal you are saving a ton of money if you do it the right way. And I also disagree with that every DVC member is annual pass holders as up until this year we were a military family we stayed on our DVC points at the hotel paid for our food and bought military park hoppers for about 165 for a 4 day hopper.. There are ways to make your membership work to your advantage you just need to make sure you are doing the meals in away that is profitable to you not disney.. For instance on our March trip we did the DDP, DD & myself we paid around 600.00 when i got an itemized sheet on my room key our meals totaled almost 950.00 its all in how you book to benefit you the member!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!