Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge

Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge

I trying to decide where to stay. Our home is BL which we love and have stayed at SS which we liked. We wanted to try a different place and we got it down to these two. We will be getting a 2 bedroom. HELP!!!

Have you stayed in Boardwalk or WL? Which do you like better and why?

Re: Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge

I have stay at both Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge. It really depends on what you are looking for.

Boardwalk is nice because you van easily walk to Epcot. It also has a lot of night life. Nth at being said, if your room overlooks the Boardwalk, there is noise 24/7. We have stayed in a standard view villa and have been about to watch IllumiNations out our window.

Wilderness Lodge is nice and quiet. You have to ride a small boat to Magic Kingdom which takes forever.

It is really a hrs call. If you do not mind the noise, I would go with Boardwalk just because it is so close to the magic.

if noise is an issue, I would go with Wildress Lodge. Just know that it will take a while to get to Magic Kingdom.

2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings

Thank you! If boardwalk is more of a night life I don't think it would work for us. We may need to rethink.

I don't think the ride from WL to MK on the boat is too bad. We feel it is enjoyable and a change from the buses. The only time we found it long was when they sent us to the campground then to MK but that only happened twice.

I have never stayed at boardwalk but we have stayed at WL a few times and are planning a 2014 trip back to WL. The resort it very peaceful and easy to get around. No complaints.

I've stayed at both too! Boardwalk has a lot more going on especially at night. Both are very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by peppix2 View Post
    I've stayed at both too! Boardwalk has a lot more going on especially at night. Both are very nice!
    ENJOYED the boat ride to MK, very convenient!

I have heard WL is really nice! Boardwalk is nice, but is more of a "hotel" type setting. Which ever you choose, I am sure it will be amazing!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, The Disney Life for Me!
    The Montagna Family

D.V.C. members: home - Saratoga Springs

I think WL maybe the winner! We like Boardwalk when we had dinner there, but with little ones I think it maybe to much. I was looking for a places in Epcot area. What do you think about beach club?

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy L Thorn View Post
    I think WL maybe the winner! We like Boardwalk when we had dinner there, but with little ones I think it maybe to much. I was looking for a places in Epcot area. What do you think about beach club?
    I love the Beach Club! Great location, as is Boardwalk, but they have a fabulous pool called Stormalong Bay that is 3 acres big! This pool is also shared with the Yacht Club.

I'm guessing that Beach Club would be quieter than Boardwalk Hotel since it is across the lake and not directly on the strip.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote Originally Posted by vanessprincess View Post

I love the Beach Club! Great location, as is Boardwalk, but they have a fabulous pool called Stormalong Bay that is 3 acres big! This pool is also shared with the Yacht Club.

I'm guessing that Beach Club would be quieter than Boardwalk Hotel since it is across the lake and not directly on the strip.
    Thanks! I checked out videos on you tube and it looks good!!! The kids love the pools! So it's in the running!

I have to say, if you have little ones they will love the Beach Club! We love it because you can walk to Epcot (especially nice after Illuminations,) take a boat to Hollywood Studios, it has an awesome pool for kids of all ages, an onsite character breakfast at the Cape May Cafe (with Minnie, Goofy and Donald,) and it's close to the restaurants and eateries on the boardwalk. We've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge once and I loved the theming and the decor, but with our two little ones the BC's convenience was a better fit for us now. When our kids are a little older and don't need to take mid-day breaks, we'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge again.

Quote Originally Posted by tangled93 View Post
    I have to say, if you have little ones they will love the Beach Club! We love it because you can walk to Epcot (especially nice after Illuminations,) take a boat to Hollywood Studios, it has an awesome pool for kids of all ages, an onsite character breakfast at the Cape May Cafe (with Minnie, Goofy and Donald,) and it's close to the restaurants and eateries on the boardwalk. We've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge once and I loved the theming and the decor, but with our two little ones the BC's convenience was a better fit for us now. When our kids are a little older and don't need to take mid-day breaks, we'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge again.
    Thanks! Our big problem is our kids have a BIG age span (16, 12, 7, 2) so what works for the little ones is not alway what works for the older ones. I think they may all like this. They love BL but I want to try some place new. My older kids ( 2 boys) love boardwalk but I don't think it would work for the younger ones (2 girls) so I think this may work!