DTD Nightlife

Thread: DTD Nightlife

DTD Nightlife

We've been to DTD quite a few times at night, but we haven't really experienced much of the nightlife because we always wind up doing the same thing (pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express, shopping, Ghirardelli). So I think it's time we branch out and try something new!

What is your favorite thing to do in DTD at night? Be specific.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

We enjoyed going to Planet Hollywood! X

We do down from POR on the boat (that way we can both have a drink).

We'll have a meal (Bongos is our new fave at DTD) and a bottle (or two!) of wine then just stroll and shop.

There's nothing really much more specific that we do.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I used to enjoy the live cover band (Leonard Brothers) at Rock N' Roll Beach Club...but that's gone, so...not much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Bongos has great food and a live Merengue Band that plays awesome music. Theres always dancing and delicious drinks too! Lol we have also done the movies at the theater there, and in Pleasure Island on weekends they usually have live music and drink booths that sell good drinks. Raglan Roads outside Bar has tasty drinks as well

Quote Originally Posted by Belle87 View Post
    Bongos has great food and a live Merengue Band that plays awesome music. Theres always dancing and delicious drinks too! Lol we have also done the movies at the theater there, and in Pleasure Island on weekends they usually have live music and drink booths that sell good drinks. Raglan Roads outside Bar has tasty drinks as well

Are kids under 21 still let in for dinner if the music and dancing is going on. I'm thinking of having dinner there our first night. Do you need reservations?

Quote Originally Posted by musicmom View Post

Are kids under 21 still let in for dinner if the music and dancing is going on. I'm thinking of having dinner there our first night. Do you need reservations?
    We never make reservations and always get a table fine. I dont have kids but even when we go late at night i see families there with kids no problem. It does get quite loud though which may bother children.

We have kids so we usually end up at bongos because we all love the food and hubby is a fan of those mojitos. then we just end up walking around and do some of the shops.
    I would like to try out raglan road when we don't have the kids and are not terrible tired ( which I am always at night).
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Belle87 View Post

We never make reservations and always get a table fine. I dont have kids but even when we go late at night i see families there with kids no problem. It does get quite loud though which may bother children.

My youngest will be 18 when we go so I know she'll like the atmosphere. Great I think we will do that then. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musicmom View Post

My youngest will be 18 when we go so I know she'll like the atmosphere. Great I think we will do that then. Thanks
    Have fun

Re: DTD Nightlife

I rather enjoy planet hollywood! Then normally just shopping. Last time I went we did a boardwalk party. Unsure if it was the time of year that they were just trying to get people in, but they had booths that lined the boardwalk that sold Food and Alcoholic drinks (and non). Had to be 21 and older to get in though.
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

I haven't done Disney night life in quite a few years, but I do miss all the clubs that use to be at Pleasure Island. It was fun club hopping to the different clubs and it was only $25.00 for the wristband.

In our younger days, we enjoyed going to Pleasure Island, some clubs, some drinks...

Now, much older, we enjoy going to sleep... Sad but true...the Florida sun zaps our energy so we may take a dip in the pool beforehand and a nightcap toddy, but it's beddybye for us in the evening....we're morning people, and up before the crack of dawn!