best place for character dining?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best place for character dining?

I will be taking my 2.5 and 1 year old girls to Disneyland in December. We are doing the character dining but still Not set on to which place to go. Any suggestions?

Re: best place for character dining?

I love the character meals!! So much fun and feels so Disney. We like the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. We like Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary resort & Ohana at Polynesian. Another fun show is the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue! So fun and entertaining! This year we are trying the breakfast with the princesses in Epcot.

Quote Originally Posted by amylou22 View Post
    I love the character meals!! So much fun and feels so Disney. We like the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. We like Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary resort & Ohana at Polynesian. Another fun show is the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue! So fun and entertaining! This year we are trying the breakfast with the princesses in Epcot.
    This is a Disneyland question, not Disney World.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Re: best place for character dining?

oh Im sorry.... didnt realize! Sorry

It's okay and thanks for trying to help.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Yes it is for Disneyland but if I ever go to Disney world, this advice is fantastic so Thank you: )

Quote Originally Posted by amylou22 View Post
    Thank you, for that info
    I was small when we went these years
    '90,'91,92,93,94,'95,'96,'97
    I was 8 years old when i start remebering more
    98',99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10
    im 21 now in 2011 me and my wife start going alone.
    ,'11,'11,12

I've done all of them and have enjoyed every single one. The only one I've noticed having slight difficulties some days is Crystal Palace but its still always fun to have a meal with Pooh

I'm thinking about goofys kitchen. Yay? Nay? Good for the girls? Experiences and opinions?

I have been to Goofys kitchen at disneyland with my children several times. Breakfast and dinner are both very good. There is a lot of great character interaction. They all came around to our table and spend a generous amount of time for pictures. Goofy gathered all the kids for a dance during the breakfast, they really liked being able to play in a restaurant I would say yes, go for it. The food is great, and the kids( of all ages) love the one on one with the characters. Now having said all of that, goofy kitchen is the only one we have been to. We are going in 11 days and plan to do the plaza inn, surfs up, and ariels grotto. We will visit goofy twice, once on the first day and again on the last.

If possible, I would love to hear about the surf's up breakfast: )

I'll be glad to post again after our trip

Thank you! Enjoy your vacation!

So we are on our way home from 5 amazing days in disneyland Thought I would let you know that we really enjoyed surfs up....food was good, characters we saw were Mickey. Minnie, Donald, daisy, Pluto, goofy....every 15-20 minutes they invited the kids up to dance with the characters. Goofys kitchen was also great. We saw the mad hatter, white rabbit, goofy Minnie fairy god mother, chip and dale, Pluto .....we also loved the plaza in Minnie and friends. So many characters at that one, hook, Gideon, tigger, eyore, chip and dale, max, fairy godmother, rafiki, white rabbit, I'm sure there were more. If I had to choose only one next trip I would choose the plaza inn( although when they take your family photo upon entering, there is no character posing with you) my husband was more impressed with surfs up.

Thank you so much!! All that info is awesome! Glad to hear the trip went great: ) One last question. How was the pricing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast